Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm a gooner I'm worried that we have blown it. Not only because of todays result but the fact that city have history of winning the title from here.
Yep, we've been down this road before. That being said, I have to be honest and say I'd rather be in Arsenal's present position than ours. Points on the board are better than games in hand. And, if the roles were reversed, I'd have faith in the team avoiding defeat in the Emirates Stadium.

Whether they win it or not, I'm sure they'll learn from this and be there again next season.

Anfield is a tough place to go, but I was surprised at the lack of leadership in the 2nd half, it was basically an implosion and I was surprised Arteta didn't look to tighten things up at half time.

I wonder whether that's where this team are though, what you see is what you get, and they can't really play any other way or make many changes to adjust to the flow of the game
I suspect that may be part of it, but let's not underestimate or look past the Scouser's performance in the second half.

They were at home & threw the kitchen sink at Arsenal as the Dippers rediscovered Teeth's brand of Rock "n" Roll football to secure a point.

Yes and understandably, there’s a great deal of confidence on here from many posters after today’s result. But, you never know…
Absolutely. It's still very much the case that if you win all of your remaining games, you are champions.

I just think that there's been a number of examples, including today as to why I feel your likely to fall short.

Can you hear that Arsenal fans? It’s your arse twitching and crying because a blue wrecking ball with big fucking Norwegian at the helm
Is hunting you down motherfuckers.

I'm hopeful we'll hunt them down. In seasons gone by, how many league points have we gained at Anfield? As Keane said, don't underestimate the significance of leaving Anfield with a point.

We've both got potential pitfalls & the game at the Etihad against Arsenal is gonna be fuckin massive! If we do our bit before we meet, hopefully the pressure will tell & we can take advantage.

Over all I think we're a stronger squad, but my fear is we may have left our charge too late & Arsenal are an unknown quantity to us in a title race.

We just need to keep the faith...
I think that our charge is going into full tilt just at the right time. The Forest result was a shocker, as was the awful Rashford goal decision and neither results should have happened which has had a huge impact as to how close we are to being top of the league. Those two results along with the form of Arsenal has left us with no room for error and we're now motoring like a ruthless, winning machine.

I have loads of faith in this squad of players and manager.

It'll be very interesting and the game between us and Arsenal at the Etihad is going to be some game.

Zinchenko's an emotional pussy. Look how he carried on after the cup match at our place? \0/

Zin unfortunately illustrated why we were fine with allowing him to move on. It's moments like the Dipper's equaliser that used to cost us as the highest level.

I'd say the second half was more about the Scousers stepping up, more than Arsenal slipping up.

However as Keane said, don't underestimate the value of leaving Anfield with a point. In this respect Arsenal gained a point & were moments away from claiming all three. This result shouldn't be sniffed at.

Although a point at Anfield is not a bad result generally speaking, its still points dropped at a time you don't wanna be dropping points with City breathing down your neck. At this stage, there's no good point gained from a draw, it's a 2 points dropped, doesn't matter who its against and in what stadium.

I think that our charge is going into full tilt just at the right time. The Forest result was a shocker, as was the awful Rashford goal decision and neither results should have happened which has had a huge impact as to how close we are to being top of the league. Those two results along with the form of Arsenal has left us with no room for error and we're now motoring like a ruthless, winning machine.

I have loads of faith in this squad of players and manager.

It'll be very interesting and the game between us and Arsenal at the Etihad is going to be some game.
I'm still stunned by the draw at Forest & I'm apoplectic about the Bruno Fernandez goal, with Rashford deemed as not interfering with play, which is utter bollocks...

However, these things happen, hence why nothing's guaranteed in the PL. We have to be 100% in the PL before we meet Arsenal, & there's no way I'm underestimating a team who only have the league to concentrate on...

Yes and understandably, there’s a great deal of confidence on here from many posters after today’s result. But, you never know…
You must be a tad frustrated fella....2 up and cruising. Should really have lost what with the missed pen but ramsdales save from salah deflected shot was fucking unreal!! Does it feel like a point gained or 2 dropped??

Although a point at Anfield is not a bad result generally speaking, its still points dropped at a time you don't wanna be dropping points with City breathing down your neck. At this stage, there's no good point gained from a draw, it's a 2 points dropped, doesn't matter who its against and in what stadium.
You have to take the season as a whole. In terms of the head to head, Arsenal have 4 points from 6 over the Dippers. City are even.

The league would look a lot different if we could swap our points against LFC with Arsenal's points. It all evens itself out across the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.