Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although a point at Anfield is not a bad result generally speaking, its still points dropped at a time you don't wanna be dropping points with City breathing down your neck. At this stage, there's no good point gained from a draw, it's a 2 points dropped, doesn't matter who its against and in what stadium.
As you say, a point at Anfield can never be regarded as a bad result, when looked at in isolation. We seem to get very few of them. But.... Arsenal were two up and cruising. They had Liverpool where they wanted them, comfortably at arm's length. I'd given up and had switched over to the IPL cricket! The turning point seemed to be when Xhaka and TAA had their rutting session. That seemed to fire up tmm and the stadium. In the end, they're indebted to Ramsdale that they didn't end up pointless. But, given the position they were in after half an hour they'll surely view it as two points gone west.

I'm still stunned by the draw at Forest & I'm apoplectic about the Bruno Fernandez goal, with Rashford deemed as not interfering with play, which is utter bollocks...

However, these things happen, hence why nothing's guaranteed in the PL. We have to be 100% in the PL before we meet Arsenal, & there's no way I'm underestimating a team who only have the league to concentrate on...
I get what you mean. They're a really good side and I'm not underestimating them.

I'm just still not convinced that when it comes to the really big moments, like today, that they'll have enough and like I said in an earlier post, we're now approaching a stage of the season thats totally different to the 30 games just gone.
Who's got the balls to drag 3 points from a game when it's looking like your only getting 1? Who has the experience and mentality to ensure that you don't concede a goal in the last 5 or 10 minutes of a game to preserve those 3 points? Who has the squad capable of changing a game that might not be going the way you want?

It's in these situations that we have the CV to prove we can. Arsenal don't.

It leaves us relying on Arsenal to drop points, whilst we have to be perfect & win every match between now & the end of the season.

This ain't gonna be easy for us. We've got Bayern on Tuesday, if we get past them after the second leg we'll probably face my CL favourites in Real. We've got Arsenal, Chelsea, a desperate Everton, & Brentford & Brighton away.

Yes we're favourites for the FA Cup semi, but it looks like if we overcome Sheffield, we'll face ManUre in a blockbuster final.

Arsenal have got one match per week & only the PL to concentrate on... It's why I think they still hold the advantage & it's City who have it all to do.

Fingers AND toes crossed... )(
I think we’ll actually benefit from a game twice a week, as we’ll stay match fit and won’t have much time to actually think about the implications of each match, much less the next one. That’s whilst Arsenal have all the time in the world to ruminate on the situation and potentially brood on any dropped points.

I get what you mean. They're a really good side and I'm not underestimating them.

I'm just still not convinced that when it comes to the really big moments, like today, that they'll have enough and like I said in an earlier post, we're now approaching a stage of the season thats totally different to the 30 games just gone.
Who's got the balls to drag 3 points from a game when it's looking like your only getting 1? Who has the experience and mentality to ensure that you don't concede a goal in the last 5 or 10 minutes of a game to preserve those 3 points? Who has the squad capable of changing a game that might not be going the way you want?

It's in these situations that we have the CV to prove we can. Arsenal don't.
But they've done what they needed to do this season so far & have gained four more points from playing Liverpool this season than we have.... \0/

Lovely, I’ll bookmark this post
100%

I believe in this team. We don’t need to hide, we don’t need to cheat with time wasting ‘injuries’. We have seen better teams than Arsenal off. So bookmark away. Better still stick it on headed paper and shove it up your letter writing ass.

I think we’ll actually benefit from a game twice a week, as we’ll stay match fit and won’t have much time to actually think about the implications of each match, much less the next one. That’s whilst Arsenal have all the time in the world to ruminate on the situation and potentially brood on any dropped points.
Arteta, Jesus & Zinchenko's experience will be vital to them. Their squad will listen to them & try to see their last 8 games through.

All we can do is ensure we win every game we've got left this season. We've zero room for error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.