Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we can be sure they will perform better in the league as next season as they will have CL obligations and having gone trophyless again, I am not sure Gooners will accept limp performance in the domestic cup comps once more.

The feeling I had is that teams were sussing out Arsenal a bit towards the end of the season. They will need to find a few more wrinkles in their tactical approach for next season. Not sure how easy that will be with a young team. They will also have to adjust tactically as they will not be able to press to the same degree next season due to the extra games.

I think they will need to make significant strides, which are not are given, just to standstill in relation to fighting for the league.
Champs league is often tough for everyone especially when you haven't built up for it. Could make or break 'em really. Im thinking break ...

If they were key, you wouldn't have folded, as only Saliba was missing.

And there we have the big old gooner gob, there are better players out there and other teams with cash to spend. If the barcodes,PSG, or Bayern offer £80 million Odegaard will be gone
No he wouldnt, as as bid more than 80m for Mudryk. If we can part with 80m for Mudryk, then why would we consider 80m too much to turn down for Odegaard?

No he wouldnt, as as bid more than 80m for Mudryk. If we can part with 80m for Mudryk, then why would we consider 80m too much to turn down for Odegaard?
I really like Odegaard as a player - I don't think he will leave either and i hope he doesn't. It takes a long time now to build a really strong title winning team. Arsenal are definitely going in the right direction. For all the moaning (and mine at times!) about Arteta's antics at times you must be pleased that he is displaying a desire to do well and demanding more and more from his players. You can only demand effort as a fan i feel. Good luck next season, its genuinely great seeing talented players like Odegaard have an influential role at the top end of the table.

I really like Odegaard as a player - I don't think he will leave either and i hope he doesn't. It takes a long time now to build a really strong title winning team. Arsenal are definitely going in the right direction. For all the moaning (and mine at times!) about Arteta's antics at times you must be pleased that he is displaying a desire to do well and demanding more and more from his players. You can only demand effort as a fan i feel. Good luck next season, its genuinely great seeing talented players like Odegaard have an influential role at the top end of the table.
Not only that, were giving out contracts of around 300k to Saka. We had previously PEA on a contract of that magnitude even though in retrospect it was an error. Arteta is demanding more, & we appear to be becoming more aggressive and active in improving the playing group. Rumours Smith-Rowe and Nketiah might be sold this summer to make cash and make room for replacements. This has shocked me, as a few years ago no way would we have considered the sale of two good academy players. But Arteta seems to be striving to improve and raise not only our ceiling, but our floor.

My honest opinion is Saka, Odegaard and Martinelli couldnt be bought for less than 100m pounds at a minimum. I could see us turning down 130m for Saka if it were offered. Were not bidding 85m for Mudryk only to turn around and sell Saka for 100m. If we have 90m to buy Rice, we can say no to 100m for Odegaard.

This whole notion that this season was Arsenals sole chance to win the league is not true. We will keep knocking on the door & we are primed to make it happen if we get it right and things go our way

I've been having a think, and we must have been the perfect rival for you guys this season.
We were a good enough opponent to build up a lead, and to make you adjust a bit and focus enough to really start putting your foot down. But we were just soft enough so that when you applied the pressure we wilted a bit, and we didn't drain and tax you for the other competitions that perhaps a Liverpool of a couple of years ago might have.

So can we claim an assist for that?! ;-)

Congratulations on last night's game, don't think I've seen a Man City side with that strength and balance in all departments. That was scary watching.

Last edited:
I've been having a think, and we must have been the perfect rival for you guys this season.
We were a good enough opponent to build up a lead, and to make you adjust a bit and focus enough to really start putting your foot down. But we were just soft enough so that when you applied the pressure we wilted a bit, and we didn't drain and tax you for the other competitions that perhaps a Liverpool of a couple of years ago might have.

Congratulations on last night's game, don't think I've seen a Man City side with that strength and balance in all departments. That was scary watching.
All yours with an assist, I do think the meeja bang on about the title run in too much. I don't think it helps teams who listen to it. If Arteta blocked this out and just controlled what he could control i think you would have a better end to the season. Problem is, from the outside he and the team by default, seemed to get caught up in this since way back in Jan / Feb..far too early and far too much pressure. That makes players really tired...i think that has been a factor. Next year Arteta should keep his head down, stay level...all the best managers do but that comes with experience

Lol - yes we seem to be in far better shape than the last time we got to the Champions League final where we were so depleted and tired towards the end of the season. Maybe instead of Tarquins you should be called "The Pacemakers"!

Thanks for the congratulations and kudos for being a level headed fan. I have been shocked at the vitriol directed at Arteta and the rest of the Arsenal management by the likes of Lee Gunner on Youtube who seems to want to throw away the progress that has been made by your club in the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.