Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

The red was not harsh. It was exactly what the ref was supposed to do. Rice was stupid and that is the only talking point.
Thought Arsenal's game management was dreadful after the red. They should have tried to take the game back to Brighton instead of playing for a draw. Can't believe how emotional Arsenal are. They make the Dippers look grounded. It's three games ffs.
It was harsh even if correct when you see what other players get away with. Two rags booting the ball 20\30 yards away against us and not the slightest interest off the ref in the community shield game.

It was harsh even if correct when you see what other players get away with. Two rags booting the ball 20\30 yards away against us and not the slightest interest off the ref in the community shield game.
This is where the charge of 'cheating' can be laid against many of PiGMOL's finest. If the LotG mandate a yellow for an offence it should be given. Too many refs think that their idea of controversy is most fans' idea of applying the laws as they are written. There should be no other consideration - colour of shirt, state of the game, time of the offence, etc! Get the fuckin' card out yer cheating bastards.

Yellow card by the rules but rarely given when the perp is on a yellow.
Perhaps the Brighton player kicking air sealed the card, but then again Rice has a reputation for giving the ref earache so that may have been the clincher.
Like Rodri v Forrest last year - stupidity by the player concerned.

Yellow card by the rules but rarely given when the perp is on a yellow.
Perhaps the Brighton player kicking air sealed the card, but then again Rice has a reputation for giving the ref earache so that may have been the clincher.
Like Rodri v Forrest last year - stupidity by the player concerned.
I think Rice throwing himself to the floor and rolling around didn't help either as it just adds more weight to the argument that he was trying to delay the restart which is what the rules are aimed at stopping.

That's not quite right. Veltman rolls the ball at Rice and the ball is still moving when the supposed 'kicking of the ball' happened so it would have had to be retaken. Basically Veltman knew exactly what he was doing and Rice took the bait.

99 times out of 100 no card is issued, plus the ref has form for erratic decision making - he's the ref that disallowed a legitimate Bournemouth winner against Newcastle last week and then didn't send off Joelinton for grabbing the Bmth keeper around the neck but somehow Rice's offence is deemed worse. However, Given the fact we know he's a crap ref Rice should have known better and not taken a risk. It was stupid and almost certainly cost Arsenal 2 points. It was a harsh decision without being a wrong decision if that makes sense. But Rice cannot blame anyone other than himself
I thought it was a really poor decision to send Rice off for that, Kavanagh is from my hometown (Ashton under Lyne) and I believe he's a Dipper supporter but his brother is a Blue.

Fun fact, same town where Geoff Hurst and Simone Perrotta, both World Cup winners were born, Angela Rayner is the MP, Ross Brawn was brought up there and I played in the same House Football team at Hartshead School with ex Everton and Arsenal player Trevor Ross, if you're old enough to remember him.

Harsh, correct or whatever else. We can all agree it was a great decision where we were concerned.

What I find strange is how the Brighton player wasn’t booked for his kicking the ball away, which was far more obvious and intent than Rices.

I can see why the arse fans would be really pissed off at that, given how the game panned out.

Harsh, correct or whatever else. We can all agree it was a great decision where we were concerned.

What I find strange is how the Brighton player wasn’t booked for his kicking the ball away, which was far more obvious and intent than Rices.

I can see why the arse fans would be really pissed off at that, given how the game panned out.
their team should have had more balls and not gift Brighton possession. I thought Brightons ability to carve out decent chances from that possession was pretty damn poor. Arsenal got what they deserved.

The problem with Rice's second yellow is that players do it quite often but don't get carded for it. Once again it's the lack of consistency that pisses off the fans.
The decision to send off Rice was harsh but correct, how Pedro didn't get a yellow for belting the ball away after it had gone out of play in the 1st half, I don't know. The lack of consistency is an issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.