arsenal will rip city apart.....

savo said:
Lordeffingham said:
I've been saying for a while, that the draw at home to the rags was actually a good result, not because we couldn't have beaten them, but because losing at home against a major rival is a massive blow and can put you back weeks from a confidence perspective.
All the pressure with regard to that, is now on Utd, if they lose to us in the OT fixture it will be the biggest blow they have suffered for years and there's a real chance that will happen.
In exactly the same light, Arsenal are under absolutely massive pressure tomorow and it may just get to them, anything but a win will hit them extremely hard and a defeat would I believe finish off their title challenge.
So all in all, two matches we could lose, and if we do it will not be the end of our dreams, but for the rags and Arsenal it could well spell the start of a downward spiral!

totally agree with this, after the nature of the defeats to Man Yoo last year I was initially dissapointed with the draw but now It doesn't seem like points totally wasted. Arsenal will be under big pressure tomorrow and we can at least hope to keep 11 on the pitch for most of the game. A draw tomorrow might be something worth playing for with an eye a for quick counter attacks to nick a winning goal. The pressure on Man Yoo to beat us at the swamp will be massive, I'm more confident of getting a result against united than arsenal. City 1 Arsenal 0 for me.

THIS!
All the pressure's on them tonight. We'll be there for a point and if we get anything at all with our under strength team (Silva being easily our best player recently), it will be a massive bonus.
What's the chance of a strong ref?

remember merson saying little while ago that sunderl would be between 16-20th season, everton would be above us and possibly spuds, the list goes on, hes coked up, and a complete tw*t.

It's a crunch game
A well hyped game
An indicator of how far we have progressed
A test of our credentials

Unfortunately we always lose these games

Yes - it's a "typical City", "small thinking" mentality - put it down to over 37 years of conditioning!

Please please please prove me wrong!

Perhaps it is my Blue tinted glasses, but for the life of me, I think if both teams play an open game, we win. We just have better players overall.

Hart> Fabianski
Sanga> Micah
Kolarov> Clichy
Toure> Djoruo
Kompany> Squillachi
DeJong > Song
Barry > Kid (for now but the kid is immensely talented)
Fab > Yaya
Nasri > AJ
RVP > Milner
Tevez> Chamahk

Even without Balo and Silva. I still think we have a stronger team. Lets just go play these guys straight up. We'll wack em

citytill1die84 said:
I really hate Paul Merson and would love nothing more than to see his face tomoz if city beat them. I can't see us winning at arsenal but I can't see us losing either 2-2 for me. I hope we attack from the off and put pressure on them I believe if we score 1st we could win this game. Come on u blues let's show we can beat the big boys on there home turf :)

"I can't see us winning at arsenal....but we could win this game"??????

Sure, it's a big game, essentially, anything from it, and we reinforce ourselves as a genuine title contender.

I fear we could be on the receiving end of a beating.

However, in grander scheme, I think both Chelsea and Spurs will drop points tonight.

I also believe Spurs will beat United next week, with us beating Wolves.

My own belief is this is one season too early for us, but we are still in it to win it.

The fight is for a very realistic second/third or fourth spot.

Dax777 said:
Perhaps it is my Blue tinted glasses, but for the life of me, I think if both teams play an open game, we win. We just have better players overall.

Hart> Fabianski
Sanga> Micah
Kolarov> Clichy
Toure> Djoruo
Kompany> Squillachi
DeJong > Song
Fab > Yaya
Nasri > AJ
RVP > Milner
Tevez> Chamahk
Even without Balo and Silva. I still think we have a stronger team. Lets just go play these guys straight up. We'll wack em
Doesn't always work like that, but I see your logic. If we function as a 'team', we will win tonight. Arsenal are very good at doing that though, so I expect probably the toughest game of the season so far, tough in terms of the opposition, not physically tough. A bit of bullying by Kompany and NDJ won't harm our cause, within reason of course. I am going for a late shout that Ade will be on the bench, and could well be the ace up our sleeve, (if he's fit/eligible that is).

Pigeonho said:
Dax777 said:

Hart> Fabianski
Sanga> Micah
Kolarov> Clichy
Toure> Djoruo
Kompany> Squillachi
DeJong > Song
Fab > Yaya
Nasri > AJ
RVP > Milner
Tevez> Chamahk
Doesn't always work like that, but I see your logic. If we function as a 'team', we will win tonight. Arsenal are very good at doing that though, so I expect probably the toughest game of the season so far, tough in terms of the opposition, not physically tough. A bit of bullying by Kompany and NDJ won't harm our cause, within reason of course. I am going for a late shout that Ade will be on the bench, and could well be the ace up our sleeve, (if he's fit/eligible that is).

Totally with you there m8,if hes fit i defo think ade will be on the bench,well in my eyes if hes fit he has to be

superblue91 said:
Pigeonho said:

Totally with you there m8,if hes fit i defo think ade will be on the bench,well in my eyes if hes fit he has to be

Told Ade was left behind and did not travel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.