Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree Nunes, like Philips, has not played very much for us. However Pep is with the players practically every day assessing their composure, skills, passing, attitude etc and if they're good enough to play for us. I trust his judgement.

I looked in detail about Nunes when he was at his previous club and personally wouldn't have bought him. I didn't want us to buy Philips either!

I am not sure either will get a run at starts if they're not convincing Pep in training, especially now we are out of the EFL Cup.
When he was at Sporting Lisbon they played him as a central midfielder, yet at Wolverhampton Wanderers they played him across midfield, much less so centrally though, which suggests, to me, that he just might not have the required physique to play in the middle in England. In his defence, he arrived late, has played in an unsettled squad, and hasn’t had a run of games yet, so it’s hard to make a fair judgement. My only concern in signing him at the time was that his arrival rather hastened the departure of Palmer and McAtee, and I would much rather have seen whether they could have developed here this season rather than whether Nunes could. I expect to see him off the bench at Luton and then start in Belgrade.

Still not convinced it was a "terrible" window

Gundogan was leaving, we knew that, wasn't anything that could be done. We've out faith in Foden/Alvarez to pick up the slack.

Gvardiol for Laporte made sense, it still does

Nunes and Kovacic haven't helped out Rodri, but the whole team haven't helped themselves out. We just want the treble, there is a noticeable fatigue bith physical and mental that has destroyed our whole structure

Doku is a class buy, he's shown that but he is still a kid

It wasn't great, maybe it wasn't even good

But it wasn't terrible

It has echoes of Mancini's demands to build upon his champions squad and his list went in with Van Persie and Hazard on it but he was overruled with a load of bench warmers such as Rodwell, Sinclair, Maicon and a slow coach called Garcia. Sure enough it never improved us but there did seem to be wish behind the scenes to remove Mancini and that was to happen. Some on this forum even seemed to want that and kept pushing Pellegrini's name forward and that is what happened.
I'm just wondering if a rerun of this is being tested.

A terrible transfer window compounded by the inexplicable purchase of Phillips.

Our midfield targets are very mediocre.

That includes Paqueta.
I think the Phillips transfer and losing KDB has really magnified it, I was one of the people that gave it a 4 and honestly I would still rate it around there. As for Paqueta, I'm with you on that didn't see him adding much

That poll closed on 8th Sep 2023, with the score 8/10. I’m sure if you re-opened it now until the New Year, it would hit that score again. A couple of wins on the trot and things might seem a bit better but most of us know we haven’t played particularly well all season.

A terrible transfer window compounded by the inexplicable purchase of Phillips.

Our midfield targets are very mediocre.

That includes Paqueta.
I haven't clue whether Phillips is good or bad? Would be nice to find out. Fuck all to lose now.
But yep - atrocious window no matter what our clapping alchemists and turd polishers spin.

I haven't clue whether Phillips is good or bad? Would be nice to find out. Fuck all to lose now.
But yep - atrocious window no matter what our clapping alchemists and turd polishers spin.
Think that’s being terribly unkind on Gvardiol. The midfield mess is a cause for disgruntlement, true, but Gvardiol is proving and will prove an exceptional acquisition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.