Assulin and Razak gone to Brighton on loan (merged)

Re: Assulin and Razak gone to Brighton on loan

whothefisAlice said:
I fear for some of these young talents, I mean how do these kiddos expect to get into our first team 'en masse'. Will we ever see a team of Rekik, Razak, Suarez, Nimely, Guidetti, Assulin, Baton/Bator and co. It just will not be happening. Assulin looks like a right player, and Suarez too, and the rest have all had some sort of top level exposure.

F.f.s Assulin was touted the new Messi when we brought him in. What was that 18-24mo's ago now? Has he even sniffed the league, or even at that, first team action?

Our academy I fear, will just end up being a feeder system for other clubs. I suppose when f.f.p comes into effect, the academy will look a lot more important again, and when the new training complex goes up it will also thrust our youth into the forefront again. However until those things happen, the youngsters and kids down at the academy are just simply not going to be playing at Eastlands anytime soon.

What a load of shite.

Its going to take a few years to get our acadamy upto the speed we want it running at and that is after the completion of the new training facilities, and its going to take time and alot of work to bring it up to the standard that is a must.

If we signed Pozo, then we have 3 top talents within the acadamy right now, the other 2 being Suarez and Rekik of course. I like what City are doing, they are obviously building a dossier on the top talents around the world and in other youth sustems and carefully monitoring their progress to see how far they have come on within a time frame.

City and its management team are doing the right things at the moment, the last thing we want to see is City buying 5 or 6 youngsters in one window as for me this only shows we are buying in bulk to appease the fans who can be impatient, and we aren't buying in quality. Chelsea did this a few season's back, under Mourinho i think and none of their purchased youth players are anywhere near 1st team regulars.

Expect to see 1 or 2 young players purchased in each window, and when i say young we should be looking at 16 and under so they can be moulded at a young age into the mentality City want for these youngsters.

As i've said a few times in this post, its all about time.

Ricster said:
whothefisAlice said:
I fear for some of these young talents, I mean how do these kiddos expect to get into our first team 'en masse'. Will we ever see a team of Rekik, Razak, Suarez, Nimely, Guidetti, Assulin, Baton/Bator and co. It just will not be happening. Assulin looks like a right player, and Suarez too, and the rest have all had some sort of top level exposure.

F.f.s Assulin was touted the new Messi when we brought him in. What was that 18-24mo's ago now? Has he even sniffed the league, or even at that, first team action?

Our academy I fear, will just end up being a feeder system for other clubs. I suppose when f.f.p comes into effect, the academy will look a lot more important again, and when the new training complex goes up it will also thrust our youth into the forefront again. However until those things happen, the youngsters and kids down at the academy are just simply not going to be playing at Eastlands anytime soon.

What a load of shite.

Its going to take a few years to get our acadamy upto the speed we want it running at and that is after the completion of the new training facilities, and its going to take time and alot of work to bring it up to the standard that is a must.

If we signed Pozo, then we have 3 top talents within the acadamy right now, the other 2 being Suarez and Rekik of course. I like what City are doing, they are obviously building a dossier on the top talents around the world and in other youth sustems and carefully monitoring their progress to see how far they have come on within a time frame.

City and its management team are doing the right things at the moment, the last thing we want to see is City buying 5 or 6 youngsters in one window as for me this only shows we are buying in bulk to appease the fans who can be impatient, and we aren't buying in quality. Chelsea did this a few season's back, under Mourinho i think and none of their purchased youth players are anywhere near 1st team regulars.

Expect to see 1 or 2 young players purchased in each window, and when i say young we should be looking at 16 and under so they can be moulded at a young age into the mentality City want for these youngsters.

Drunk when you wrote that?

whothefisAlice said:
theonlyd said:
whothefisAlice said:
Our academy I fear, will just end up being a feeder system for other clubs.

i think thats what it, and the youth set up of other prem clubs are supposed to be. Yeah it's great to unearth a gem but they also make a packet by selling off the rest to lower league teams.

It's going to be twice as bad when this new ruling about academies comes in and lower league teams can see their kids pinched for £30k and face having to buy them back at 10x the price.

But shouldn't we aspire to the Barcelona system, where we attract all the world's best (especially English and more importantly northern) to our club with our fabulous facilities, with the aim of nurturing them and hopefully keeping them there for life? Ronaldo, Zidane, C Ronaldo, Figo etc. etc. all went from massive club to massive club, so it's not like I am living in a dream world, it is just I would rather ''in a dream world'' we bring the Silvas, Yayas, Agueros, Harts, Kompanys through from their teens to lifelong careers in our first team. I will wake up sooner or later...

We are, aren't we?

I'm not sure what your point is here mate

whothefisAlice said:
theonlyd said:
whothefisAlice said:
Our academy I fear, will just end up being a feeder system for other clubs.

i think thats what it, and the youth set up of other prem clubs are supposed to be. Yeah it's great to unearth a gem but they also make a packet by selling off the rest to lower league teams.

It's going to be twice as bad when this new ruling about academies comes in and lower league teams can see their kids pinched for £30k and face having to buy them back at 10x the price.

But shouldn't we aspire to the Barcelona system, where we attract all the world's best (especially English and more importantly northern) to our club with our fabulous facilities, with the aim of nurturing them and hopefully keeping them there for life? Ronaldo, Zidane, C Ronaldo, Figo etc. etc. all went from massive club to massive club, so it's not like I am living in a dream world, it is just I would rather ''in a dream world'' we bring the Silvas, Yayas, Agueros, Harts, Kompanys through from their teens to lifelong careers in our first team. I will wake up sooner or later...
That's exactly what we're aiming for.

But we can't just "do" it.

Plenty of research has gone into the best way forward, plans have been unveiled, and will come into fruition. It's just a matter of patience.

whothefisAlice said:
Ricster said:
whothefisAlice said:

What a load of shite.

Drunk when you wrote that?

Nope, perfectly sober, take it you were smacked off your tits when you typed yours though

be really interesting to see how assulin does. think Razzak will get a good run in of games and impress as he seems to have always done. but assulins never had a good run of fitness since he's been here, so i'm curios to see how he'll get on , the lads got talent, no doubt about that.

The Fat el Hombre said:
whothefisAlice said:
theonlyd said:

We are, aren't we?

Actually to be honest reading that again that was my point...yea we are heading that way hopefully. It just seems like NOBODY who comes through, or even to the academy and youth ranks, gets a chance, and/or has a hope of staying and making a career...at the moment!

I'm not sure what your point is here mate

I just want to see a mancunian player in the first team :(

Both lads need a run of a few games so we can see them in action.

I really hope they play v dippers.

This loan move could be make or break for assulin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.