Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Just one of those off-day games of ours when the planets didn’t align.

The small time celebration by the villa keeper showed how much this game was meaningful to villa. Watch them rollover against other teams now.

Kind of Ironic,,,,,,The best thing that could have happened today is we go in at half time 0-2 down so Pep has to change our shape and go back to what we know best and go on to win.

For Pep not losing = no changes

Even with this info, I think the choice to bring Ake on, rather than Sergio Gomez (and move Cancelo to the right side) is strange to me.

Changing the formation with 10 minutes to go is not usually a successful tactic, especially when you are sending a player that has been off with his passing for most of the match up the pitch to be the deeplying playmaker.

Seem to miss a bit of a spark this evening. A lot of needless balls given away in stupid areas and a lot of balls off us going high and being won by them. Anyway not too fussed always a difficult game against them. Nice to see Grealish say hello to his ex team mates.

Absolute dross. I can't believe that Pep changed the team from Wednesday night. Foden needs a break and Alvarez needs to start as often as possible. Perfect chance wasted to get another 2 point cushion over the dippers.

It’s the Haaland pressing conundrum that I was ridiculed for suggesting he may be benched for certain games.

When we have a false 9, our press is relentless and hugely effective.

With Haaland, we’re still adapting and it’s leaving our system exposed at times. It needs time to perfect.
And yet, if Stones heads a simple ball back to Ederson, we win that. It’s noticeable that the decision making by the English lads is usually left wanting.

Just one of those off-day games of ours when the planets didn’t align.

The small time celebration by the villa keeper showed how much this game was meaningful to villa. Watch them rollover against other teams now.
celebrated like they'd won a European cup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.