Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

We controlled the match for most of the time and should have gone on win it easily in the second half after scoring. Most of the easier chances unfortunately did not fall to the Viking.
Very sloppy and lethargic with our midfield passes in the second period.
Walker and Cancelo seem to think they on a par with the 1970s Brazilian team. Foden seems off the pace and Bernie seems wasted on the right touchline.I
A below average performance all round.

It was a serious question pal, I’m not being like anything!

Erling came here to score goals and improve his overall game. Let’s give the lad a chance after 6 games and 10 goals?

The frightening thing he is not a finished article, he still can learn much more to be the greatest striker in history like we all expected him to be.

Are some really having a go at Mahrez?

Should’ve been sold in the Summer? He was top scorer last season and is happy (no moaning or interviews) to rotate despite being one of the best wingers in Europe.

Not only that, the guy didn’t even start today. Kinell
Apart from many good qualities mahrez brings to the squad, one thing i admire about him is he never sulks at lack of opportunities, he's happy to be involved whenever called upon and that shows his strong mindset. It's insane to blame him in any way for today's performance

Last edited:
Poor from us today apart from a decent little spell after half time

We were the better team but when you consider how well we can play and didn’t, then it’s hard to say we fully deserved a win

We were flat, poor decision making and not giving many options for players to make passes.

Foden offered absolutely nothing today, I always defend him because I know he has quality but I’d drop him for a bit, let him get some hunger back.
We looked like we were playing with lead in our boots - maybe the Ch L game on Tuesday was on our minds - who knows. Wild shots from tight angles with the world's best striker unmarked in the middle doesn't help.

That's a daft response .Its like judging a pilot on how many times he didn't crash land, Once is too many.
Sorry mate that's bollocks
Most games we win at a canter so it's hard to make a match winning save.
I prefer to judge a keeper on him not making fuck ups rather than the occasional worldly save.

Pep either needs to trust Foden through the middle or bench him. He’s not a left winger and it’s unfair to judge him in that role.
The issue is neither in my opinion is KDB, , Bernardo, Gundogan a left winger so Foden gets the nod at this present time as Grealish hasnt flourished there…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.