Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

Still not changed my opinion on the John Stones red. It was a joke decision. I said it at the time, and I couldn’t believe the overwhelming majority on here felt it was a red. He didn’t go in aggressively, he just tried to kick the ball high and long and the other guy got there first. That’s it. Yellow all day but a red is absurd. You know it’s a wrong decision when not only Pep but Dean Smith says the exact same thing. He doesn’t even say something like “I can understand it, but...” he just flat out says he thinks it was wrong. And it was.
I agree. Stones had every right to go for the ball. For me, not a red.

I believe whoever's in that VAR room calling the shots saw it looked like dangerous contact and his mind went straight to red card, ignoring the context.

Ok, we were in game management mode, but 3 shots on target not enough.
Well done after all the hoo-ha. Focussed and professional.

Still not changed my opinion on the John Stones red. It was a joke decision. I said it at the time, and I couldn’t believe the overwhelming majority on here felt it was a red. He didn’t go in aggressively, he just tried to kick the ball high and long and the other guy got there first. That’s it. Yellow all day but a red is absurd. You know it’s a wrong decision when not only Pep but Dean Smith says the exact same thing. He doesn’t even say something like “I can understand it, but...” he just flat out says he thinks it was wrong. And it was.
Not sure I agree I think he was caught out of position and arrived too late and at speed to effect a legitimate challenge. While in another day he might of got away with a yellow he slipped into the red zone and can't really have to many complain'ts. Might be worth an appeal but I don't see it being overturned.

I was worried last night. We have not been great (except for the cl) for a month or so and the early goal had me concerned. But we played some of the best football this season and strangled the life out of them until the sending off and then controlled the game fully in the second half. I do think we are missing a scorer, not a centre forward but someone who will be able to bag a goal. Gabby is doing too much work outside the box at the moment, working his socks off but not offering a threat. No idea how we can change this but I am not confident that in “bigger” games we will be able to produce the chances that the overall play deserves, it’s a tricky one as the team plays great football but is not scoring enough, by playing a cf we may lose some of the control and therefore the football may suffer. Glad I am not a manager!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.