Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

great result and closer to the title but one BIG stand out last night the STRIKER or lack of one

when villa scored i feared the worst because we was going nowhere ? villa lets us have the ball and you really look toothless. a world class striker is more than just goals in the team. he takes over the other teams defence and they double him up and stops the other team just banking up and defending. also he is a target a out ball holds up the play brings others in and it creates spaces

sorry but jesus and sterling can not do that or good enough to do that ? know matter how much you work on it in training a striker is born with his skills. yes we beat villa and sit top of the league but better teams really pick us off because we don't have a striker to kill the games

in away the stones sending off worked better for us and its opened the game and we control the game with defence and midfield with taking off jesus but we could not settle until the final whistle and got the job done

talk of all this super league and fans not going next season ? well if city don't sign a world class striker in the summer i think a lot of fans on here will not bother going ???

Not sure I agree I think he was caught out of position and arrived too late and at speed to effect a legitimate challenge. While in another day he might of got away with a yellow he slipped into the red zone and can't really have to many complain'ts. Might be worth an appeal but I don't see it being overturned.
I think the Leeds red dictated it, even though Stones back foot was planted and contact was side of foot

great result and closer to the title but one BIG stand out last night the STRIKER or lack of one

when villa scored i feared the worst because we was going nowhere ? villa lets us have the ball and you really look toothless. a world class striker is more than just goals in the team. he takes over the other teams defence and they double him up and stops the other team just banking up and defending. also he is a target a out ball holds up the play brings others in and it creates spaces

sorry but jesus and sterling can not do that or good enough to do that ? know matter how much you work on it in training a striker is born with his skills. yes we beat villa and sit top of the league but better teams really pick us off because we don't have a striker to kill the games

in away the stones sending off worked better for us and its opened the game and we control the game with defence and midfield with taking off jesus but we could not settle until the final whistle and got the job done

talk of all this super league and fans not going next season ? well if city don't sign a world class striker in the summer i think a lot of fans on here will not bother going ???
So people are going to think fuck it, we're going to stop going to matches cos City haven't been able to buy a world class striker?
Ok then.

I was worried last night. We have not been great (except for the cl) for a month or so and the early goal had me concerned. But we played some of the best football this season and strangled the life out of them until the sending off and then controlled the game fully in the second half. I do think we are missing a scorer, not a centre forward but someone who will be able to bag a goal. Gabby is doing too much work outside the box at the moment, working his socks off but not offering a threat. No idea how we can change this but I am not confident that in “bigger” games we will be able to produce the chances that the overall play deserves, it’s a tricky one as the team plays great football but is not scoring enough, by playing a cf we may lose some of the control and therefore the football may suffer. Glad I am not a manager!
The midfield of Bernardo, Gundo, and Rodri gells perfectly. The energy of Bernardo is critical plus it allows Gundo to get forward when he is needed. Where will KDB go when he comes back? It's amazing how much Zinchenko has improved as a player this season. We controlled that game so well last night, apart from the first 20 seconds!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.