Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

I get your point, and while I'm not exactly a prolific poster, this is the first negative post I've made about City in 600+ posts.

So I didn't watch the match, which is something I've never done in 40+ years(where possible) and made a post about it.

I'm still pretty pissed off about the ESL, reading this thread (which I appreciate is a post match thread) You'd think the last 3 days never happened.

I probably should have posted it in another thread.
Fair enough mate. The ESL thing was a real pisser

For me, our best and most important win of this season so far.

Foden, Bernie and Gundo, ball retention of the highest order.

And the pressing was a sight to behold.

As their manager said, for 30 minutes, it was the best he had seen.

The character we're beginning to show is something else. Certainly when that collection of players are on the pitch. A steely belief in what they're doing.

This season whenever we've lost KDB, we've compensated by playing collectively better. Which is quite a thing.

“when villa scored i feared the worst because we was going nowhere ?”

I agree, we showed nothing in that first 21 seconds. I can remember screaming at the TV after 6.56 seconds “We’ve not looked likely to score since Kick off. We obviously need a recognised Striker”.

When the ball hit the back of the net a mere 15.44 seconds later, I was saying “I told you so” to my wife and kids.

its not just the goals a striker brings ? its like i said there defence has to defending him. normally they double up on somebody world class ? and that leaves the space for somebody else ? we are not killing games off like we should ? it is a big worry when the bigger games come and we don't take our chances and you know they will nick one the other end

a haaland or a kane city easy win last night.it would be even over before half time even with them scoring as well city would have bag 4 or 5 with the talent we have

Foden's ball control yesterday was silva esque, if he is managing that at 20, then one wonders how good he will become in 3 to 4 years time. Top Lad

I get your point, and while I'm not exactly a prolific poster, this is the first negative post I've made about City in 600+ posts.

So I didn't watch the match, which is something I've never done in 40+ years(where possible) and made a post about it.

I'm still pretty pissed off about the ESL, reading this thread (which I appreciate is a post match thread) You'd think the last 3 days never happened.

I probably should have posted it in another thread.
You should not be criticised for having been impacted by the last few days. It caused millions of fans to consider how they felt about their clubs and football in general. I certainly did me, and seeing a quote from Joel Glazer in an official City club statement will live with me a good while. But life goes on and actually I found watching last night therapeutic in a nervous, up and downs, typical City, sort of way.

Still think it was harsh as fuck on Stones,and going off the opinion of the 'experts' (managers/pundits etc) it seems they are in agreement.Not that it does any fucking good now......grrrrrrrr

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.