Aston Villa (A) | Post-Match Thread

An amazing display, tough as fuck mentally, to concede so early and then to respond like that shows what a dressing room we have - packed with leaders. Probably in patches our most fluent display of the season, once again without KDB.

I loved how happy Pep was at the end and his comments about what the league means. We’re so near now, if the rags draw with Leeds and Liv and we beat Palace it’s ours.

great result and closer to the title but one BIG stand out last night the STRIKER or lack of one

when villa scored i feared the worst because we was going nowhere ? villa lets us have the ball and you really look toothless. a world class striker is more than just goals in the team. he takes over the other teams defence and they double him up and stops the other team just banking up and defending. also he is a target a out ball holds up the play brings others in and it creates spaces

sorry but jesus and sterling can not do that or good enough to do that ? know matter how much you work on it in training a striker is born with his skills. yes we beat villa and sit top of the league but better teams really pick us off because we don't have a striker to kill the games

in away the stones sending off worked better for us and its opened the game and we control the game with defence and midfield with taking off jesus but we could not settle until the final whistle and got the job done

talk of all this super league and fans not going next season ? well if city don't sign a world class striker in the summer i think a lot of fans on here will not bother going ???
“when villa scored i feared the worst because we was going nowhere ?”

I agree, we showed nothing in that first 21 seconds. I can remember screaming at the TV after 6.56 seconds “We’ve not looked likely to score since Kick off. We obviously need a recognised Striker”.

When the ball hit the back of the net a mere 15.44 seconds later, I was saying “I told you so” to my wife and kids.

I don't think that showing a yellow card was a clear and obvious error by the ref.
VAR should only show real time replays, as that is what the ref sees.
I’m not saying the yellow was an error. What I am talking about is the delay. Immediately after the incident there was no response from the referee. Several seconds later (and this is where I think someone was talking in his ear) he produced a yellow card. Then there was the VAR review.

There were a few times in the game where the ref was late with his decision. That’s why I said it appeared to me someone else was giving him instructions through his earpiece. It was all a bit bizarre.

Still not changed my opinion on the John Stones red. It was a joke decision. I said it at the time, and I couldn’t believe the overwhelming majority on here felt it was a red. He didn’t go in aggressively, he just tried to kick the ball high and long and the other guy got there first. That’s it. Yellow all day but a red is absurd. You know it’s a wrong decision when not only Pep but Dean Smith says the exact same thing. He doesn’t even say something like “I can understand it, but...” he just flat out says he thinks it was wrong. And it was.
If Pep and Dean Smith both think that then presumably we’ll appeal ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.