Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Would you really sell a player who has scored 80 goals in one and three quarter seasons that would be mad. The comparison with Sterling isn't the right one as Haarlands numbers are off the scale. He he came on the market today every club in the world ĺwho could afford him would be in for him if Raheem was to come on.the market the clamour for his signature would be from low to middle clubs in the Premier League.
Sterling is on £325k a week so I don't think many clubs could afford him

Who was the Catweazel character Villa had leaping around like a loon in their technical area for most of the game last night. Is he on their staff or was he an imposter?

It was a great call by Pep to rotate the squad last night. To go into that game without Stones, Walker, De Bruyne and Haaland is testament to the quality of our squad. Villa had some players missing but we were the dominant force. Rodri sublime, Foden sensational and great performances from Gvardiol, Grealish and Rico too. The passing and movement was excellent, we continuously stayed wide and stretched things which enabled Foden, Alvarez and Bernie to find little pockets and overall it was a much more balanced performance.

Still a bit sloppy on the counter where we seem to chase the man on the ball rather than hold shape and delay to let others come back and cover. But also from a bit of a lack of urgency from some to actually get back. For their goal it was only Grealish who had bothered to try and get back. But that's fairly minor.

Gooner in work reckons Villa should be under investigation for playing a weakened side & throwing their match against us last night.
Well, i laughed....he got angry, i laughed even more, he stomped off, i haven't stopped laughing since.
Funny as fuck

Did you point out that we were without KDB, Haaland, Stones, Walker, Ake & Ederson for our pontins league fixture.

Who was the Catweazel character Villa had leaping around like a loon in their technical area for most of the game last night. Is he on their staff or was he an imposter?
never notice him but i think set piece coach and untouchable when managers sacked

It was a great call by Pep to rotate the squad last night. To go into that game without Stones, Walker, De Bruyne and Haaland is testament to the quality of our squad. Villa had some players missing but we were the dominant force. Rodri sublime, Foden sensational and great performances from Gvardiol, Grealish and Rico too. The passing and movement was excellent, we continuously stayed wide and stretched things which enabled Foden, Alvarez and Bernie to find little pockets and overall it was a much more balanced performance.

Still a bit sloppy on the counter where we seem to chase the man on the ball rather than hold shape and delay to let others come back and cover. But also from a bit of a lack of urgency from some to actually get back. For their goal it was only Grealish who had bothered to try and get back. But that's fairly minor.

I didn’t feel Gvardiol was anything special versus Arsenal when others raves about him but I thought he was fantastic last night & I’m sure Grealish helped. It was certainly good to see him back.

Foden was magnificent last night and seems to play better and has an understanding with Alvarez. The one touch passing from these two and Rico and Rodri was great and ripped Villa apart.

Our passing tempo was vastly improved and I think Rico was the reason for this. His passing was excellent and would have been my man of the match if it wasn't for Phil.

The other positive is we got more men in the box as Pep highlighted against the Arse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.