Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Someone tell me which match this was and why the stand is empty so I can shut the feck out of someone winding me up.

View attachment 99846

Don't get drawn in mate. I'm sure we could find similar photos ourselves if we were that way inclined. Looks like Bony playing up front which would filter out a lot of seasons.

Was watching SkySports News yesterday and they had the presenter asking 'did you think the atmosphere was quiet on Saturday?' to the two lads sat on the sofa- one of which being that cockney twat Jamie O'Hara. He hilariously replied 'it always is, isn't it?!' to which he and the others had a bit of a chortle. Yes, we all know it wasn't great but I doubt it'd have been a talking point nationally if Pep hadn't throw us under the bus again. We have enough to contend with with fans from other clubs without our own manager helping them out.

Last edited:
All baldy has done is give us a rod for our own back. Sticking the boot in on talksport this morning - maybe we are bored of winning! Stick to picking the team Josep and speak to your gaffers about the prawn sarnie and Prosecco brigade that sit behind you.
Well said mate. Some on here think our support is poor?! Deluded clowns.

Don't get drawn in mate. I'm sure we could find similar photos ourselves if we were that way inclined. Looks like Bony playing up front which would filter out a lot of seasons.

Was watching SkySports News yesterday and they had the presenter asking 'did you think the atmosphere was quiet on Saturday?' to the two lads sat on the sofa- one of which being that cockney twat Jamie O'Hara. He hilariously replied 'it always is, isn't it?!' to which he and the others had a bit of a chortle. Yes, we all know it wasn't great but I doubt it'd have been a talking point nationally if Pep hadn't throw us under the bus again. We have enough to contend with fans from other clubs without our own manager helping them out.
Bang on that mate. That’s what I’m saying. Pep has thrown us under the bus.

Stop making excuses for poor support. We’re watching the best football we’ve ever seen. We were playing the second best team the Premier League has ever seen, our biggest, most hated rivals FFS. Not Fulham, not Bournemouth.

If Pep hadn’t said anything we know our support on Saturday was piss-poor. Bernardo asked for our support on Friday because he knew it couldn’t be relied on. Are you going to have a go at him as well?
Poor support. Bollocks!

Someone tell me which match this was and why the stand is empty so I can shut the feck out of someone winding me up.

View attachment 99846

Looks like the 2015/16 season, if we are going back into ancient history we have never pulled the crowds that the dippers have for some of the European cup games 12,000 against Dundalk being an example.

Pages like that on social media are there to get the biggest pile on and reaction which is why they post this shite. I noticed they tried highlighting empty seats when people were still on the concourse at half time and the game had kicked off on Saturday, it’s all about getting idiots to believe a narrative which is why they are baying for blood for City to be relegated whilst Everton have done nothing wrong.

I'm sorry but sometimes you have to hold your hands up, we have the worst set of fans in the country for generating an atmosphere, I've said it before I sat on level 2 Colin Bell stand at a game ,joined in with the " Come on City " and was told by the guy at the side of me not to bother as we don't sing round here. To many old timers who can't be bothered if you ask me.

The truth is we can be amongst the best if not the best for atmosphere & noise but that is never mentioned by the media or praised by anyone & we can be as quiet & subdued as a lot of other places including the rags & dippers but as soon as we are its highlighted by the media, other fans & our manager.

I'm sorry but sometimes you have to hold your hands up, we have the worst set of fans in the country for generating an atmosphere, I've said it before I sat on level 2 Colin Bell stand at a game ,joined in with the " Come on City " and was told by the guy at the side of me not to bother as we don't sing round here. To many old timers who can't be bothered if you ask me.

Absolute rubbish. On our day we have one of the loudest grounds in the country. If you went to Arsenal at home or any of the later stage champions league games you would know that .

Were you at Arsenal or Madrid last season? Our atmosphere can easily trump anywhere else in the league. We've reached a stage where games aren't 'must win'. It's far too early in the season for that to be the case. We're a point off top spot and won 22 or 23 home games on the trot. At the back of everybody's mind is that we can win the last 10 games of the season if needs be to take the title. I don't like it but it's inevitable a bit of complacency kicks in. The swamp was always like that and they weren't even rattling off 90 point seasons and nowhere near as dominant as we are now. When the time comes I'm sure we'll rise to the occasion again.

There is a game every weekend where we see a manager or a player waving to encourage noise. I've seen Klopp do it and players do it too, as they go to take a corner or a throw in....it's commonplace. The only reason Pep comments on it is because the media ask him about it, but they never ask other managers about it. Valverde said the Etihad is the worst stadium to play at, directly references the noise created by our fans. I've never seen the media ask Pep to comment on that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.