Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
The last City matters meeting was on the 12 of October, nearly 2 months ago, according to the CM, OS minutes.

There probably won’t be a City Matters meeting until after Christmas and the New year. That will be 3 months without a meeting. That works out about 3 meetings a season or every 3 months.

I’m in a supporters branch. We have a meeting every two weeks to discuss issues, tickets, travel, etc.

So many roles at City!

View attachment 100542
View attachment 100543
Nail on head. Three meetings a season is nowhere near enough.

We need a Supporters’ Trust, as a matter of urgency.

We kind of knew if we got success from the takeover that this would be a price of that success. As we hadn't had any success for thirty five years we just didn't realise how impactful it would be. For me I can now happily step away from live games after watching the Aguero moment live and lots of other trophies being lifted. I actually find going to games a chore now. The shit transport, sanitisation of it all, tourist fans everywhere blocking the way taking pictures, announcers cheerleading, over zealous stewards, our club quick to jump on us but do nothing to defend us from opposition fans attacks and constant media lies, belittlement and slanderous articles. Easier to sit at home in the warmth and watch it on the TV.

The club need to be careful what they are cultivating though. Once Pep and his mates leave and the trophies dry up so will the tourists. Once the local fans are gone they're gone forever.
Summed it up perfectly, that’s exactly how I feel pal.

I’ve had a season ticket since 83/84 but won’t be renewing this time, enough’s enough

Summed it up perfectly, that’s exactly how I feel pal.

I’ve had a season ticket since 83/84 but won’t be renewing this time, enough’s enough

I keep mine going now as it's cheap. I find I'm selling it more and more on the ticket exchange though. The club are happy as they make more money selling it on.

I keep mine going now as it's cheap. I find I'm selling it more and more on the ticket exchange though. The club are happy as they make more money selling it on.
I don’t wanna hang on until it gets to the point where I start really disliking what we’ve become. It’s like a marriage where you’re unhappy but you still love her, it’s better to bail before the simmering resentment turns to hatred

Barcelona are the club that gorged itself on tourists and their €€€€ - but playing away from the Nou Camp and the tourists have disappeared and they are left with a half full stadium. Leeds had a bigger attendance in the Championship that the club that thinks of itself as the biggest in the world.

We are going down the same route.

Genuinely do hope we get relegated, it would weed out all the tourists and we’d get our club back.

If the price of success is that we lose our club, then what was the point of it all?
I’m sorry you feel that way. You must be pretty down to want City relegated. No more Europe, no more cup runs just average football played in front of 30k in a half filled stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.