Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
You can think what you want. Come at it from any angle you want. More Liverpool fans stay until the final whistle at Anfield, than City fans stay until the final whistle at the Etihad. That’s a fact.

I go to Anfield every season when City play there. (I would like to see City win there again) Bar some early leavers in the main stand to the right of the away end, which I’ve seen with my own eyes, the rest of Anfield is pretty much full. You don’t see a mass exodus on the KOP, which holds just under 13,000 fans, 10 minutes before the final whistle.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not going argue over it. I know what I see at the Etihad and at Anfield.
Your posts are nearly always driven by large amounts of “Confirmation Bias”, jrb. I’ve said it many times. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder where you are constantly comparing City to other clubs and finding City coming up short.

Your posts are nearly always driven by large amounts of “Confirmation Bias”, jrb. I’ve said it many times. You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder where you are constantly comparing City to other clubs and finding City coming up short.

Not at all mate. You know that isn’t true. And so do other BM forum members. My posts are honest. I don’t post what I don’t think is the truth, and what I don’t believe in. I don’t post just to get a reaction and to piss off other City fans and BM forum members off on purpose. I reply in honesty and in good faith. I have stuck up and supported City throughout my life, including on BM, and I always will, just like you have and every other City fan has. I’ve criticised City when I felt it necessary to criticise City and City fans. I’m by no means a perfect City fan. I have missed home matches. I have left matches early, not staying until full-time, etc. At the end of the day BM is a forum about views and opinions. Not everyone will agree with me, you, or other BM forum members. There’s nothing wrong with that. That’s the nature of a football forum, and part of being a football fan. Saying that, one thing we can all agree on is that Liverpool fans are…....(fill in as appropriate)

You can think what you want. Come at it from any angle you want. More Liverpool fans stay until the final whistle at Anfield, than City fans stay until the final whistle at the Etihad. That’s a fact.

I go to Anfield every season when City play there. (I would like to see City win there again) Bar some early leavers in the main stand to the right of the away end, which I’ve seen with my own eyes, the rest of Anfield is pretty much full. You don’t see a mass exodus on the KOP, which holds just under 13,000 fans, 10 minutes before the final whistle.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not going argue over it. I know what I see at the Etihad and at Anfield.
Comparing early leavers at normal league games at the etihad with Liverpool v city at Anfield which are invariably crucial games which are in the balance until the final whistle is apples and oranges I’m afraid.

Go to Liverpool v Fulham when it’s 3-0 at 80 minutes and report back.

(And I am someone who does stay to the end every match and don’t understand the mentality of leaving a game early)

But also I couldn’t give a fuck about Liverpool and the day we aspire to be like them in any way whatsoever will be an extremely dark day.

Comparing early leavers at normal league games at the etihad versus Liverpool v city at Anfield which are invariably crucial games which are in the balance until the final whistle is apples and oranges I’m afraid.

Go to Liverpool v Fulham when it’s 3-0 at 80 minutes and report back.

(And I am someone who does stay to the end every match and don’t understand the mentality of leaving a game early)

But also I couldn’t give a fuck about Liverpool and the day we aspire to be like them in any way whatsoever will be an extremely dark day.

I compared it to those games because I was at those Liverpool v City games. Why am I going to compare it to a Liverpool v Fulham game when I’m not there or watching it on the TV?

I saw City fans leaving early when it was 1-1 against Liverpool at the Etihad. Am I lying? Am I not allowed to say that?

I joined this topic and conversation because another poster posted about Liverpool fans staying until the end of the match in greater numbers than City fans do. There was nothing wrong with that, it’s the truth. I agreed with him. He got shouted down for posting that by another forum member/s.

This conversation and topic of City fans leaving early has been discussed on this thread at length and will continue to be for the rest of the season. It won’t change what happens on the terraces, but still good to read people’s opinions and views as to why it’s happening.(still)

Maybe I should leave this thread early tonight?

I compared it to those games because I was at those Liverpool v City games. Why am I going to compare it to a Liverpool v Fulham game when I’m not there or watching it on the TV?

I saw City fans leaving early when it was 1-1 against Liverpool at the Etihad. Am I lying? Am I not allowed to say that?

I joined this topic and conversation because another poster posted about Liverpool fans staying until the end of the match in greater numbers than City fans do. There was nothing wrong with that, it’s the truth. I agreed with him. He got shouted down for posting that by another forum member/s.

This conversation and topic of City fans leaving early has been discussed on this thread at length and will continue to be for the rest of the season. It won’t change what happens on the terraces, but still good to read people’s opinions and views as to why it’s happening.(still)

Maybe I should leave this thread early tonight?
Every club has fans that leave early. We did at Maine Road and probably Hyde Road before that. We’ve seen fire drills at Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea etc.
Lots of reasons why people do it but we’re no different than others. Only a radical solution would solve it (Should City want it solving)
- Improve TfGM
Would be a very good starting point.

5% of games is a small sample size from which to form a definitive opinion particularly when that game is their biggest of the season and one they invariably do well in

You can speculate that it has been a factor but there’s no way on earth you can conclude that it has “clearly” been a factor in dropping points.
What cost us dropping points was poor decisions on the pitch, either by our players or the officials…. Nothing else!

Reactions: PPT

Notoriously difficult to escape from a cult…..

What cost us dropping points was poor decisions on the pitch, either by our players or the officials…. Nothing else!
I agree to differ.. a good crowd that backs this wonderful team of ours in vocal support when the chips are down and stays till the end is so much more positive for the manager and the team. I strongly believe when we have struggled in games( and we have recently ) the crowd need to lift this team over the line and I believe the draws would have turned into wins. Pep has said it before time and again as has Klopp.. we need our crowd!!! JRB mentions some really good points.. he is a good poster on here like many others.. he cares about the passion of everything blue. That Liverpool crowd is helping them enormously and are right with their team and it’s giving them momentum. Our home support needs to aspire to our amazing away crowd and be like them at home., This City team deserves a good home crowd.win lose or draw. It’s looking like a manc scouse title run in again. I say get behind them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.