Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Sunday will be worst case scenario as these games always are: 7000 away fans up in the top tiers making a hell of racket, our clappy songs from the bottom tier lost in the noise.
It’s not the bottom tier that’s the problem. We have the majority of other parts of the ground (apart from Kippax corner) that don’t join in at all, that’s the biggest problem. I sit in the family stand and me and my 2 boys sing and get funny looks for it from both the tourists and the regulars. It’s odd to blame the people who do sing for the apathetic overall support
Bang on the money mate. I really don’t share this hatred of early leavers or why people rope it in with discussions about atmosphere.

Atmosphere is when the whole stadium roars from the top down when the team need it. That is what Pep and other managers want, not everyone staying clapping when we have beaten Huddersfield 5-0, nor 200 lads singing “Champions again” for 5 minutes.

We didn’t lose a single game at home in 2023 and have had the best home record in England for many years. We can’t be that bad. People need to stop comparing one of our low key, easy, boring early season games with some huge night game they watched on telly.
Fucking hell Dave you have a fixation with champions again, is it becoming an obsession? It’s an easy song and I actually heard it go right round the ground on Saturday, and that’s an incredibly rare event, for any song

Need an all standing, £20 a ticket section to generate some atmosphere. Never seen it so bad. Was kicking off near me because someone swore when it went 2-2 versus palace. Embarrassing

A Crystal Palace style Ultras group complete with a Capo with his back to the pitch for the entire match would be a great addition to the expanded NS.

Said no-one ever.....
Listening to palace tonight their support is fucking shit. An annoying drum and some mundane droning chants that are nicked from continental Europe, if that’s an atmosphere I’m Marilyn fucking monroe. I was there last season and our support was fucking brilliant and loud with varied songs, and you couldn’t hear those fuckers at all, yet I’m told on tv you could hear them and not us - mikes turned up for them I can only assume, so the myth of the “ultra” atmosphere could continue. Ultras, you’re having a fucking laugh, schoolies at best.

Edit I am in agreement with the poster that I am responding to

The Palace ultras were nearly as bad as the game. Give me the urban charm of Millwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll or West Ham any day.
No wonder they call them Nigels. Probably cycle home after a detour for Sushi.

It’s not the bottom tier that’s the problem. We have the majority of other parts of the ground (apart from Kippax corner) that don’t join in at all, that’s the biggest problem. I sit in the family stand and me and my 2 boys sing and get funny looks for it from both the tourists and the regulars. It’s odd to blame the people who do sing for the apathetic overall support

Fucking hell Dave you have a fixation with champions again, is it becoming an obsession? It’s an easy song and I actually heard it go right round the ground on Saturday, and that’s an incredibly rare event, for any song
Agree with all of that mate but what i mean is that the lower tier needs the upper ones to join in to make a song "boom" and that tends to not happen when we have give up the south stand top tier. Also the away fans in that top tier under the roof can't hear our fans sing below them so you get small clubs up there singing "Is this a library" sometimes at the exact time the lower tiers are singing.

Champions Again has made the breakthrough into common use now so it is fine by me. It's when they are new that they hold us back.

Agree with all of that mate but what i mean is that the lower tier needs the upper ones to join in to make a song "boom" and that tends to not happen when we have give up the south stand top tier. Also the away fans in that top tier under the roof can't hear our fans sing below them so you get small clubs up there singing "Is this a library" sometimes at the exact time the lower tiers are singing.

Champions Again has made the breakthrough into common use now so it is fine by me. It's when they are new that they hold us back.

This is why we need people to move into an expanded NSL2 and hope the club will provide for them through safe standing etc. SSL3 can't hear SSL1 and vice versa. I think it was Chelsea last season where you had those from SSL1 coming on here saying the Chelsea fans were shite, yet people who sat elsewhere in the ground saying they could only hear the Chelsea fans! There will always be natural singing and banter with the away fans, but to have our hardcore support under the roof - it will lift the whole place and be the "capo" for the rest of the ground. Without a fucking drum.

Listening to palace tonight their support is fucking shit. An annoying drum and some mundane droning chants that are nicked from continental Europe, if that’s an atmosphere I’m Marilyn fucking monroe. I was there last season and our support was fucking brilliant and loud with varied songs, and you couldn’t hear those fuckers at all, yet I’m told on tv you could hear them and not us - mikes turned up for them I can only assume, so the myth of the “ultra” atmosphere could continue. Ultras, you’re having a fucking laugh, schoolies at best.

Edit I am in agreement with the poster that I am responding to
Think they may be the only fans in the world who manage to have a chant without any actual words in it ‘CPFC, CPFC, CPFC’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.