Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I agree to differ.. a good crowd that backs this wonderful team of ours in vocal support when the chips are down and stays till the end is so much more positive for the manager and the team. I strongly believe when we have struggled in games( and we have recently ) the crowd need to lift this team over the line and I believe the draws would have turned into wins. Pep has said it before time and again as has Klopp.. we need our crowd!!! JRB mentions some really good points.. he is a good poster on here like many others.. he cares about the passion of everything blue. That Liverpool crowd is helping them enormously and are right with their team and it’s giving them momentum. Our home support needs to aspire to our amazing away crowd and be like them at home., This City team deserves a good home crowd.win lose or draw. It’s looking like a manc scouse title run in again. I say get behind them.
I agree with you with regards staying to the end, I wish more of our fans did.
That one issue aside however there is no reason whatsoever we should aspire to be like Liverpool fans, their atmosphere with the odd exception is a myth, perpetuated by a sycophantic media. More and more people are beginning to point it out and Klopp picked up on it the other week, their away support is shit as well.

The second half of last season our atmosphere was fantastic and hopefully we can get back to that this season when the pressure cranks up again. Forget Liverpool let’s just be City.

I agree to differ.. a good crowd that backs this wonderful team of ours in vocal support when the chips are down and stays till the end is so much more positive for the manager and the team. I strongly believe when we have struggled in games( and we have recently ) the crowd need to lift this team over the line and I believe the draws would have turned into wins. Pep has said it before time and again as has Klopp.. we need our crowd!!! JRB mentions some really good points.. he is a good poster on here like many others.. he cares about the passion of everything blue. That Liverpool crowd is helping them enormously and are right with their team and it’s giving them momentum. Our home support needs to aspire to our amazing away crowd and be like them at home., This City team deserves a good home crowd.win lose or draw. It’s looking like a manc scouse title run in again. I say get behind them.
Chelsea, Spurs, Palace… all 3 we conceded equalising goals in the last minute of added time. We were anlready ‘over the line’. All were due to stupidity or clumsiness by our players. Nothing to do with early leavers. Error prone displays, missing sitters or tackles or just collective stupidity cost 6 points… nothing else.

I don’t really give a bollocks what JRB says or anyone else for that matter, though they are entitled to their opinion and I respect that; I just don’t share it. I’m a season card holder and have supported City for over 50 years. My opinion is based on what happened on the pitch, we messed up when the game was won in each of those games.

Erling didn’t miss 2 sitters v Spurs (1 being an open goal), Ake didn’t fail,to jump with Kulashevski due to the perceived lack of atmosphere. Against Palace, Dias didn’t fail to track the winger in the 74th min (leading 2-0), then Ake failed to tackle the scorer due to the atmosphere. Then in the last min of added time, Eddy didn’t kick it straight into touch, Phil didn’t decide to try and dribble through their midfield and lose possession, then when we regained it, Bernie didn’t try to be clever on the touch line allowing the forward to get into the box and finally Foden stupidly swing a leg (the ball was going out for a goal kick), because of the crowd.

None of this was due to the perceived lack of atmosphere. It was down to poor play/individual errors, nothing more. The atmosphere at The Etihad is great in some games and not so great in others, always been the same.

Chelsea, Spurs, Palace… all 3 we conceded equalising goals in the last minute of added time. We were anlready ‘over the line’. All were due to stupidity or clumsiness by our players. Nothing to do with early leavers. Error prone displays, missing sitters or tackles or just collective stupidity cost 6 points… nothing else.

I don’t really give a bollocks what JRB says or anyone else for that matter, though they are entitled to their opinion and I respect that; I just don’t share it. I’m a season card holder and have supported City for over 50 years. My opinion is based on what happened on the pitch, we messed up when the game was won in each of those games.

Erling didn’t miss 2 sitters v Spurs (1 being an open goal), Ake didn’t fail,to jump with Kulashevski due to the perceived lack of atmosphere. Against Palace, Dias didn’t fail to track the winger in the 74th min (leading 2-0), then Ake failed to tackle the scorer due to the atmosphere. Then in the last min of added time, Eddy didn’t kick it straight into touch, Phil didn’t decide to try and dribble through their midfield and lose possession, then when we regained it, Bernie didn’t try to be clever on the touch line allowing the forward to get into the box and finally Foden stupidly swing a leg (the ball was going out for a goal kick), because of the crowd.

None of this was due to the perceived lack of atmosphere. It was down to poor play/individual errors, nothing more. The atmosphere at The Etihad is great in some games and not so great in others, always been the same.
Bang on the money mate. I really don’t share this hatred of early leavers or why people rope it in with discussions about atmosphere.

Atmosphere is when the whole stadium roars from the top down when the team need it. That is what Pep and other managers want, not everyone staying clapping when we have beaten Huddersfield 5-0, nor 200 lads singing “Champions again” for 5 minutes.

We didn’t lose a single game at home in 2023 and have had the best home record in England for many years. We can’t be that bad. People need to stop comparing one of our low key, easy, boring early season games with some huge night game they watched on telly.

Nailed it. Thank you for articulating what I and others have been thinking about some of the total and utter bollocks on this thread. Appreciated.

Sunday will be worst case scenario as these games always are: 7000 away fans up in the top tiers making a hell of racket, our clappy songs from the bottom tier lost in the noise.

Sunday will be worst case scenario as these games always are: 7000 away fans up in the top tiers making a hell of racket, our clappy songs from the bottom tier lost in the noise.
When we’re all set to go ten points clear at the top whilst 4-0 up against the rags in early March and Champions Again booms around the whole stadium will you finally acknowledge its merits as a chant

When we’re all set to go ten points clear at the top whilst 4-0 up against the rags in early March and Champions Again booms around the whole stadium will you finally acknowledge its merits as a chant
That one has actually passed over into the “mainstream” now, like the Boys In Blue one did towards the end of last season.

It’s when they are new they don’t spread out but keep getting sung that they bring they the atmosphere down. I suppose all songs have to go through that process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.