Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
South Stand seemed very quiet, I’ve lost my voice but thought atmosphere should’ve been much better for what was a pretty non eventful shit game
It was quiet mate, it was weird! Never got behind the lads, pockets tried, definitely wasn’t the 12th man. Shite.

How do you think the players feel when they've worked their bollocks off for 90 minutes, then AFTER the final whistle they have the good grace to applaud the fans and we've all fucked off or are queuing to get out with their backs to the pitch, it's embarrassing. Like I said previously...applaud them off and show some appreciation.
It was shite yesterday, I don’t think the players bled for the cause yesterday, I stayed to the end as I’m right at the back of the stand but the applause from me was very muted tbh. Drab game, major disappointment, title chance most likely gone tbh

Contrast yesterday to when Arsenal went to Liverpool this season. All out attack from Arsenal. I was expecting an open end to end match as Arsenal have been battering every team of late. Instead we got a game of attack v defence that bored the fans to death, bar the odd real chance and exciting moment.

Yesterday reminded me of when Fergie and United came to the Etihad to play out a draw hoping it would be enough to win the title, but they lost 1-0 and City went in to win the title.

My wife has corrected me and said that the atmosphere was good at the match. Said the atmosphere was loud in parts in CB3 and SS3 was loud aswell, it’s probable I’m letting my disappointment skew my judgement.

I still think we needed to do much better, but I have very high expectations when it comes to atmosphere and hostility

Last edited:
I think a lot a blues underestimate how much a vocal backing in the last few mins can help a team especially at home , can be a difference of a few points a season in my opinion.
I don’t know how they can, short memories surely after we vocally demanded the Aguero goal

Gutted I stayed to the end yesterday instead of clearing off on 83 mins to watch Countryfile.

I doubt it, but is it possible the 1894 protest would’ve impacted the atmosphere? Are they the most vocal fans in South Stand?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.