Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I find it interesting what home/opposition fans think of our away support, good and bad.
yes it is interesting jrb, ffs sake why the abuse towards you for pointing something out.

Its an atmosphere thread and was good last season, seems now fans would rather have silence than so called orchestrated singing. Ive not been on BM for a few months because of the shite it seems to bring.

Therefore over and out, seems it has turned in to the typical social media platform, but keep up the good work jrb.

Reactions: jrb
Some bellend dressed in black, jumping up and down to the beat of a drum and some monotonous shite, no ta!

I don't mind the ultras myself, they are football fans like ourselves and having a good time , doing nothing wrong . Always great to watch the tifos huge banners , displays and flares. First time I met ultras was the Barcelona v sampdoria European cup final, was in the sampdoria end with my City shirt, they were brilliant to me and my mate they knew who City were not like the bullshit united and Liverpool spout,swapped my city shirt for a sampdoria away shirt , still have it now, like to know it I created a bit of a City fan club in north west Italy.

im going to be picky as you and say if you havnet been to huddersfield away how do you know it is not like burnley ?

I wasnt being precise buddy, just saying along the lines of at least half the end in one tier behind goals, this is very similar. Huddersfield and burnley should be bouncing for the away fans due to this placing, it couldnt be better. As the look of Copenhagen stadium tuesday night was, fans in one end, right behind goals, prime stuff is this.
I wasn't there so can't tal;k with authority, but one thing I do think gets overlooked in these atmosphere discussions is crowd psychology. It happens at the Etihad where the first few songs set the tone. People will sing if people around them are singing.

I wonder if last night's game was affected by he absolute din coming from the opposite end - which was clear on the telly. The first few songs don't catch on because they are competing with that and people subconsciusly think "Nobody is singing tonight" and it dies.

The OSC debate has been done to death on here and no matter what your stance is on it:

How come British OSC's were only receiving 1-2 tickets, yet European OSC's were receiving an absolute load?

Apparently MK only got 2 tickets when they had 15 applications, yet I saw a good 20 people yesterday who were from the same supporters club in Poland
Weird, not every european OSC received a load of tickets though. French OSC only got 2 tickets when they had about 15 applications also !

yes it is interesting jrb, ffs sake why the abuse towards you for pointing something out.

Its an atmosphere thread and was good last season, seems now fans would rather have silence than so called orchestrated singing. Ive not been on BM for a few months because of the shite it seems to bring.

Therefore over and out, seems it has turned in to the typical social media platform, but keep up the good work jrb.

Thanks Trev.

I went to Copenhagen last season so I've got a good idea why the City end was quiet again. I said it would be quiet replying to a forum member asking about the atmosphere and our end before the match..

1. It's an open away end of sorts with a very high roof, so any noise and chanting doesn't amplify.

1000003957.jpg

2. The City end would have been full of tourists and people who have managed to get tickets for the match, like it was last season.

3. The Copenhagen Ultra home end, 2 tiers, 10,000 capacity(?), don't stop singing throughout the match. Both side stands, especially the stand on the right, also join in the singing. Like most European grounds the singing and noise is pretty much constant throughout the match without a break, regardless of the scoreline. It's impossible for the City fans and the City end to compete against that noise and atmosphere and to be heard, unless most of the City fans are singing. Trust me I know.

1000003958.jpg

1000003959.jpg

4. It has been mentioned on this thread. Most of the FOC's and City fans who made the trip would have been on the beer all day. Last season the bars around the ground were still full of City fans close to kick off time. That's our/the English beer mentality that the English are known for across Europe. Nevizade Street being a prime example of that.

Compare that to the Ultra's who will drink, but will meet up long before the game starts, walk to the ground together in their 100's and 1000's singing, go inside the ground together, and go on the terraces together to start singing. The Ultras have a beer cut off point so they can do that, we don't have a beer cut off point and never will do.

Last edited:
I’d like to do another Champions League away but suspect those are now beyond anyone who doesn’t have a Seasoncard.

I had a bad trip to Seville a decade back but I saw enough good to want to do it again.

Maybe we could use another of our unique songs again for our walk out kick off moment by singing the Best team in the land and all the word chant. Sing it 5 times because its fucckin true. We sang it on the Kippax. Its ours. We'd sing it louder when we're relegated. Could become an iconic wall of noise. Always loved it when it wasn't true. Now it's an epic opportunity to boil piss and make everything absolutely clear. Viking herald as original.

Last edited:
I’d like to do another Champions League away but suspect those are now beyond anyone who doesn’t have a Seasoncard.

I had a bad trip to Seville a decade back but I saw enough good to want to do it again.
Trust me if you fancy a trip book it and go you’ll get a ticket once there. Same for almost all games if you travel and want to go enough the ticket will be found.

After this season I think our group (7/8) are solely doing euro aways as we get much more enjoyment out of them and it’s strangely less hassle then Prem games eapcially for tickets.

Euro aways are golden, glad we get to experience them it’s definetly special

Trust me if you fancy a trip book it and go you’ll get a ticket once there. Same for almost all games if you travel and want to go enough the ticket will be found.

After this season I think our group (7/8) are solely doing euro aways as we get much more enjoyment out of them and it’s strangely less hassle then Prem games eapcially for tickets.

Euro aways are golden, glad we get to experience them it’s definetly special
I’d go in the home end if needs be but I don’t tend to do ticketless travel.

Is there not 100% collection now? We do it for Wales so spares just don’t crop up.

Next season maybe. Germany or Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.