Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It's not though, if it is, it's a very small amount. The club touting them off has been quite well brought to light.

I think there are just some fans on here who refuse to view the club in any kind of bad light.

The sheer number of tourists and YouTubers is completely on the club.
Genuine question and probably naive on my part but where has it been brought to light?

The club is completely alienating the fan base that's stuck by it for so long and turning in to this greedy corporate monster that your every day City fan despise. It's sad to see but there is no going back.

The videos of attention seeking social media w3%$£" posted on here this morning from the game last night make me feel sick.

It’s the club who are touting tickets and giving them to ticket agencies to sell at a large profit. It’s entirely on them for helping to make the atmosphere worse.

Long standing blues can’t get tickets, but influencers that openly mock our club can.
With that being the case, it'll probably take something major happening for the club to change their stance (it might not even make a difference if they can still count the cash).

Final nail for me this. Couldn’t get me and my lad a ticket but a ginger rag YouTube wanker was able to dine on the club in his Madrid top.

I won’t be missed and I won’t be back.

If someone accidentally fell over in front of him and caught him with a left hook accidentally I would be happy as anything. Thogden and his ilk are a major problem. How are we happy to let non City fans sit in our stands

6 lads from Sweden in front of us last night. Really going for it. They new all the songs old and new. They were creating a much better atmosphere than the ST who usually sit in those seats. Why don't ST holders go to Champ League games?

I’ve been to Stockholm twice and every football fan I spoke to followed an English club too. It’s a spring and summer game over there so it gives them something else.

You could also ask why were the Swedish lads only over for a huge Champions League match. Did they not fancy Luton recently?

The atmosphere wasn't the issue. It was putting the ball in the back of the net. None of this wouldn't have really mattered if we did knock Real Madrid out. All they have done is put money into our coffers.

I thought the atmosphere was good last night.

I was in block 212 and there was a few tourists. They were mainly unoffensive. But taking pictures all the time is annoying. I don't mind before and after the game and half time. I took a photo for a couple of guys. But there were some others joking about and laughing etc... when we were 0-1 down and it was cagey.

Read the room.... Look if we were 4-0 up we'd probably have all been in the photos with them. But losing creates anger.

The atmosphere wasn't the issue. It was putting the ball in the back of the net. None of this wouldn't have really mattered if we did knock Real Madrid out. All they have done is put money into our coffers.
It really would matter, quite a lot as evidenced last year when we won and it was flagged as a significant issue by those in attendance

Ended my season ticket after COVID and I don't regret it.

Love the away days if I can get a ticket, but home games bar the odd big game are just not worth the "fan experience" anymore.

I create more atmosphere in my living room than where I sat over the years at the Etihad.

Tourists, influencers and celebrities have destroyed PL fan culture.

Us guys who want to create something who are not sitting in the south stand just get looked down upon now.

Does anyone know of an email address of anyone at the club that you can speak to about fan issues other than the generic Man City one ? I was removed from my seat for daring the question the poor stewarding last night and im none too happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.