Atmosphere today/moving seats

Why not just have SS Level 1 just city fans and stick the away fans up in the gods for a change? Might improve the atmosphere further with games involving teams that we don't give the full allocation to.
Maybe thinking because it is more expensive on the bottom tier let the away fans pay that and give home fans a chance at cheaper tickets or is it £30 throughout the ground

Why not just have SS Level 1 just city fans and stick the away fans up in the gods for a change? Might improve the atmosphere further with games involving teams that we don't give the full allocation to.

Because atmosphere, like it or not, is nearly all generated from the presence of away fans and that tribal mentality. The two sides either side of the bottom tier away fans are the designated singing areas and make the most noise and the majority of people in those two areas have paid to be there because of away fans.

Because atmosphere, like it or not, is nearly all generated from the presence of away fans and that tribal mentality. The two sides either side of the bottom tier away fans are the designated singing areas and make the most noise and the majority of people in those two areas have paid to be there because of away fans.

Millwall @ Maine Road.

Spot on, without away fans whats the point? football would turn in to an American baseball spectator type game.

Spot on, without away fans whats the point? football would turn in to an American baseball spectator type game.
So I could sit on my comfy seat watching the game with a beer and disgustingly large hotdog? where do I sign?

May have been said earlier but did you hear Lampard in his interview saying he hadn't missed playing back here until he heard the atmosphere coming through the telly on Sunday. Gave him goosebumps.

Can't answer definitvely as to why the home/away support is split like it is now over 3 tiers (depending on demand), but I can tell you this configuration was decided on, with imput from the 1894 group, well over 18 months ago, possibly longer, I just can't remember? But I was at an EC meeting when it was announced.
Reasons may have been:
3 tiers give the club flexibility to cater for differing demand from visitors which should allow more Blues access to match tickets when all 3 tiers aren't taken.

Level 2, whether we like it or not, is becoming more of a premium area! It's already happened in East and West stands.
My seat in 216 was turned in to hospitality in the recent move and I was given no choice but to relocate.
Maybe in the long term the club plan to turn the remainder on level 2 into corporate/hospitality?? and therefore away teams allocation is minimised into 1 small sliver??

If 3000 away fans were located in SS L3 this reduces the lower priced seats for us (and as someone who's relocated into 315 and really happy about it) I think this would be a bad idea!

IMHO the club have got it right with the split. You can sit close to the away support and experience decent atmosphere on 3 levels.
The reasons above is just me guessing though.

IIRC the split is due to fans having to share spiral exits if it was done differently. Could be wrong though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.