Atmosphere today/moving seats

Can't answer definitvely as to why the home/away support is split like it is now over 3 tiers (depending on demand), but I can tell you this configuration was decided on, with imput from the 1894 group, well over 18 months ago, possibly longer, I just can't remember? But I was at an EC meeting when it was announced.
Reasons may have been:
3 tiers give the club flexibility to cater for differing demand from visitors which should allow more Blues access to match tickets when all 3 tiers aren't taken.

Level 2, whether we like it or not, is becoming more of a premium area! It's already happened in East and West stands.
My seat in 216 was turned in to hospitality in the recent move and I was given no choice but to relocate.
Maybe in the long term the club plan to turn the remainder on level 2 into corporate/hospitality?? and therefore away teams allocation is minimised into 1 small sliver??

If 3000 away fans were located in SS L3 this reduces the lower priced seats for us (and as someone who's relocated into 315 and really happy about it) I think this would be a bad idea!

IMHO the club have got it right with the split. You can sit close to the away support and experience decent atmosphere on 3 levels.
The reasons above is just me guessing though.

Agree. So far it's had an affect on away fans. I couldn't hear the Chelsea fans last week

Last edited:
They have an awful record at our place in recent years. I think they have had enough of it. Only brought about 1000 last year.

I can understand a midweek nothing game live on tv for example but i'd expect the likes of West Ham to be able to sell out 3,000 for a weekend game, its poor support imo.

I like the new set up right now. Loads of cheap seats with a decent view next to the away fans and the two blocks either side of the visitors are closer together. Plus the roof seemed to keep the atmosphere in against Chelsea. I'm looking forward to watford.

Come on South stand make more noise! The noise and atmosphere in 110 and 111 was unbelievable against Chelsea. Let's make it deafening at every home game. Come on blues

I can understand a midweek nothing game live on tv for example but i'd expect the likes of West Ham to be able to sell out 3,000 for a weekend game, its poor support imo.

It's a tea time kick off which leaves it late for getting back to Essex. There's literally one train they can catch.

Hopefully the atmosphere vs Watford can match the Chelsea game. I know Chelsea was a special occasion for many reasons but with relocated blues now more used to their surroundings, there's no reason we can't make as much noise on Saturday. What is great about the new stand imo is the whole South Stand is now loud enough for one single chant to be heard and spread round the stadium instead of different, quieter songs in different
sections. The most memorable sight for me from the Chelsea game was belting out blue moon in SS L3, looking around the stadium and seeing the majority of the East/CB level 3 and even the family stand were up on their feet joining in. The whole stadium singing together is something very special but sadly very rare. Hopefully the new roof means that the south stand is loud enough for this to be a regular occurrence

I'll bite, from the third tier of the SS we couldn't hear SS1 or you lot.

I'd suggest localised noise blocks out the other areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.