Attacks in Paris

If it's the only book you read and the only book the people who teach you read then you end up in a position where you can only take it literally. Everything else sounds like nonsense to you. It's pure indoctrination and it starts at a very early age.

Tbf attributing anything and everything that happens as 'Allah's will' is a pretty catch-all way of explaining the mysteries of the universe, although it does render American cultural and economic hegemony more than a little baffling

Tbf attributing anything and everything that happens as 'Allah's will' is a pretty catch-all way of explaining the mysteries of the universe, although it does render American cultural and economic hegemony more than a little baffling

Quite how Noel's House Party saw the light of day is equally problematic.

The originating culture of the Moghals were the Mongols (Ghengis Khan etc)
Thanks, mate, but I was talking about culture. The Moghals were a Persianate society, much as the Ottomans became later in time.
Babur was the first Moghal Emperor. He is said to have given up his beloved wine in exchange for conquering India. His deal with God. He also claimed to be a descendant of Genghis and later Timur [much as I do]. He removed the Lodi dynasty in Northern India but retained the Pathan/Pushtun tribes as his warriors. These are my Taliban brothers today. This is the relevance of the cultural connections between Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkey, none of which have a strong cultural connection to the Arab world beyond Islam. This is the rather clumsy point that I was trying to make regarding ISIS.
Indeed, the Saudis asked the Pakistan military to help them in Yemen very recently and, quite unusually, Islamabad said no. Dynamics have changed in the region and the Gulf States are starting to be viewed by both suspicion by both Pakistan and India.
I could go on about this all day but there's work to be done. Cheers anyway.

Starting to get pretty sick of the clamour to show how sad they are at the events. Some pillock has drove his Piano 400 miles to play "imagine" ffs, could he not have just borrowed one ?
Is it just me that finds this stuff uncouth ? Ok light your candle and make sure the BBC cameras see you Mr arseface but come on.

One fella putting a candle down saw a camera was there when he was getting up and he stopped and got back down and started to stick his bottom lip out.
He was defo getting ready to go before noticing the press camera.

Dunno where i am going with this, just wanted to note my distaste at this type of thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.