AVB sacked/Abramovich. (Merged)

Re: AVB for the chop ? (Merged)

Why is always the old guard gets the blame or spotlight on for the shortcomings?

Perhaps the newcomers are not up to par?

1. Torres - misfiring not for lack of chances or goal opportunities. A huge mistake. City dodged a bullet here in not buying him.

2. Cahill - not CL class!- look at the 2 Napoli goals he allowed.

Re: AVB for the chop ?

Castiel said:
edgecroft said:
I''m getting that impression from watching him play, he seems to be out of position off in laalaa land a good deal of the time.

I guess we'll see today how he does against Napoli's front 3. I expect that it won't be pretty. If he does great, then I'll start to change my mind about him.
Well you obviously don't watch him play enough. Luiz is a ball-playing centerback like Hummels or Pique. Not a traditional English centerback. In our 433, when we're in possession, a centerback is the extra man, which gives him licence to come forward leaving the anchor of the midfield 3 (Romeu or Mikel) to plug the gap and recirculate the play. Luiz does this job exceptionally, and the stats (and Chelsea fans observations) suggest as much. He's even better at this than Carvalho was, but Carvalho was a far more accomplished deep defender. I just did a quick check on our forum MoTM threads and Luiz is second only to Mata on most awards so far.
OK castiel, I watched him again, and again he tended to just stand still looking around, he was often 20 yards upfield when Napoli were attacking, and he gifted them their 3rd goal.

Perhaps if the rest of your defense isn't up to par, then Luiz shouldn't have license to go upfield, maybe he should defend. AVBs plan is to have Ramires and Raul Meireles cover for the centre back? That's insane.

I think that Chelsea fans are influenced by his Luiz's looks, charisma and sense of humour. They want to like him, so they do.

edgecroft said:
Castiel said:
edgecroft said:
I''m getting that impression from watching him play, he seems to be out of position off in laalaa land a good deal of the time.

I guess we'll see today how he does against Napoli's front 3. I expect that it won't be pretty. If he does great, then I'll start to change my mind about him.
Well you obviously don't watch him play enough. Luiz is a ball-playing centerback like Hummels or Pique. Not a traditional English centerback. In our 433, when we're in possession, a centerback is the extra man, which gives him licence to come forward leaving the anchor of the midfield 3 (Romeu or Mikel) to plug the gap and recirculate the play. Luiz does this job exceptionally, and the stats (and Chelsea fans observations) suggest as much. He's even better at this than Carvalho was, but Carvalho was a far more accomplished deep defender. I just did a quick check on our forum MoTM threads and Luiz is second only to Mata on most awards so far.
OK castiel, I watched him again, and again he tended to just stand still looking around, he was often 20 yards upfield when Napoli were attacking, and he gifted them their 3rd goal.

Perhaps if the rest of your defense isn't up to par, then Luiz shouldn't have license to go upfield, maybe he should defend. AVBs plan is to have Ramires and Raul Meireles cover for the centre back? That's insane.

I think that Chelsea fans are influenced by his Luiz's looks, charisma and sense of humour. They want to like him, so they do.
2nb8utx.gif

AVB for the chop ? (Merged)

Danamy said:
I'm hearing things are going from bad to worse within the camp, the bottom line is he's a dead man walking.

A handful of players aren't helping and it's making his position untenable

They already have a certain manager on the radar, so things not looking good for AVB.

The name i'm hearing isn't Capello...............

You might be spilling the beans sooner rather than later mate !

edgecroft said:

Well as usual the game was approached wrong on a tactical level. Meireles and Ramires (attacking midfielders) were protecting the back 4 while Essien and Romeu sat on the bench, which resulted in Levazzi's first goal (Meireles didn't close him down while Essien would have eaten him). The goal involving Luiz was because Cole was way out of position, not Luiz (which has happened a lot this season) but he admittedly made a right meal of trying to scramble the ball away and Cavani completely got the better of him. The other goal was down to Cavani's class more than anything but Ivanovich shouldn't have let him get by so easily.

The problem with our defence is the fullbacks. Cole has dropped in ability by at least 50% from last season, and Bosingwa is so shit its unbelievable. And why AVB decided to play an offside trap against some of the fastest players in the competition is anyones guess. None of our back line stand a chance against Levazzi in a footrace. Allowing the fullbacks to push forward against a counter attacking side that exploit the flanks was also a ridiculous decision.

allan harper said:
Danamy said:
I'm hearing things are going from bad to worse within the camp, the bottom line is he's a dead man walking.

A handful of players aren't helping and it's making his position untenable

They already have a certain manager on the radar, so things not looking good for AVB.

The name i'm hearing isn't Capello...............

You might be spilling the beans sooner rather than later mate !

it's a City board, unless the manager on the radar has City connections I don't know why the name just couldn't be posted. Who cares.

Cheadle Blue said:
if there is a god, please let this **** be still in charge by the time we play chelsea....pretty please

He already beat us once although we were robbed by not getting the penalty that would've made it 2-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.