Away support

MArLeY said:
marshall 92 said:
I've been a City fan since I was old enough to watch football. My first game was Luton in 1999 when we were in the third tier at the age of 7 years old. Am I from Manchester? No, I'm from Watford. I was at the QPR game on Saturday and sang as much as anybody else in that stand.

That's all good and welcoming but it's when you get the people who you rarely see going being sat down and wanting everyone else to sit down just because they are! Yeah they have paid there money but so have we and if we. Atmosphere is always better when stood up.

no its not.
the standing up brigade are just chest thumping billy big bollocks trying to be hard.
if a club has rules according to health and safety and its actually the law of the land then we should conform.
in no way should a fan stand in front of someone who prefers to sit, they maybe a kid or elderly, not well or want pure choice.
we are lucky that our club have designated a "standing section" other clubs should follow suit imo but untill they do we should respect that club and the fans around us.

de niro said:
MArLeY said:
marshall 92 said:
I've been a City fan since I was old enough to watch football. My first game was Luton in 1999 when we were in the third tier at the age of 7 years old. Am I from Manchester? No, I'm from Watford. I was at the QPR game on Saturday and sang as much as anybody else in that stand.

That's all good and welcoming but it's when you get the people who you rarely see going being sat down and wanting everyone else to sit down just because they are! Yeah they have paid there money but so have we and if we. Atmosphere is always better when stood up.

no its not.
the standing up brigade are just chest thumping billy big bollocks trying to be hard.if a club has rules according to health and safety and its actually the law of the land then we should conform.
in no way should a fan stand in front of someone who prefers to sit, they maybe a kid or elderly, not well or want pure choice.
we are lucky that our club have designated a "standing section" other clubs should follow suit imo but untill they do we should respect that club and the fans around us.

That's the biggest bullshit i have read on here! That's a ridiculious assumption that the standing up "brigade" are bully's. Maybe there fans who have paid alot of money to go to the game and want to stand and sing cheer the lads on. The atmosphere is not the same being sat down. Each to there own. I stood up all game and was not asked to sit down once. If it was such a big law i would of been asked a few times to sit down but i didnt.

MrLeeC said:
de niro said:
MArLeY said:

no its not.
the standing up brigade are just chest thumping billy big bollocks trying to be hard.if a club has rules according to health and safety and its actually the law of the land then we should conform.

That's the biggest bullshit i have read on here! That's a ridiculious assumption that the standing up "brigade" are bully's. Maybe there fans who have paid alot of money to go to the game and want to stand and sing cheer the lads on. The atmosphere is not the same being sat down. Each to there own. I stood up all game and was not asked to sit down once. If it was such a big law i would of been asked a few times to sit down but i didnt.

who said they were bully's? i was stood up all game and i'm no bully. had i wanted to sit i would have done, if i had a child with me i would have done, had i had an elderely/ pregnant family member with me i would have done.the person in front of me should not take that choice away from me.
thats why other clubs should follow our lead and make a section for standing, if not they should enforce standing, not showsec style but they should enforce it.

de niro said:
MrLeeC said:
de niro said:
no its not.

who said they were bully's? i was stood up all game and i'm no bully. had i wanted to sit i would have done, if i had a child with me i would have done, had i had an elderely/ pregnant family member with me i would have done.the person in front of me should not take that choice away from me.
thats why other clubs should follow our lead and make a section for standing, if not they should enforce standing, not showsec style but they should enforce it.

But if i want to stand i will stand. I paid my money just like you have. If i want to stand and chant get behind the lads on the pitch then i can.

If you want to sit then thats your choice! If i want to stand i will stand my choice. I dont think im hard or billy big bollocks, i think i am a fan wanting to get behnd my team!

dont like it then move.

We were in the upper tier right behind the goal and because of the travel problems there were a few empty seats behind us. My lad and me like to stand if we can but sensing the bloke behind wasn't happy I moved to one of the other rows so as not to block him. First corner to QPR and he's telling my lad to sit down. Fair enough, so I got my lad to join me and gave him an apologetic hands up. Problem sorted but you could still see him giving me daggers, although I'd not argued with him and simply resolved the problem for all of us.

Funny thing happened with a few mins to go as he decided to get up and leave before the rush. He clambered over the seats behind us to get a clear way out, ended up scraping his foot down the back of me and had to turn round and apologise. Fair play to him because he did but he must have felt well pissed off ha ha. He then tried to get over the next row and fell into the one further down. Don't wish him any bad feelings, the chap just wanted to sit and I wanted to stand but I couldn't help laughing after him giving me the looks as if I shouldn't have stood up in the first place.

Couple of London Blues in front if us who stood and sang their hearts out all game.

robsta said:
We were in the upper tier right behind the goal and because of the travel problems there were a few empty seats behind us. My lad and me like to stand if we can but sensing the bloke behind wasn't happy I moved to one of the other rows so as not to block him. First corner to QPR and he's telling my lad to sit down. Fair enough, so I got my lad to join me and gave him an apologetic hands up. Problem sorted but you could still see him giving me daggers, although I'd not argued with him and simply resolved the problem for all of us.

Funny thing happened with a few mins to go as he decided to get up and leave before the rush. He clambered over the seats behind us to get a clear way out, ended up scraping his foot down the back of me and had to turn round and apologise. Fair play to him because he did but he must have felt well pissed off ha ha. He then tried to get over the next row and fell into the one further down. Don't wish him any bad feelings, the chap just wanted to sit and I wanted to stand but I couldn't help laughing after him giving me the looks as if I shouldn't have stood up in the first place.

Couple of London Blues in front if us who stood and sang their hearts out all game.

To be honest i would of moved...if there was any seats near by. If i carnt move to somewhere else then ill stand simple as.

MrLeeC said:
robsta said:

To be honest i would of moved...if there was any seats near by. If i carnt move to somewhere else then ill stand simple as.

It's a pity you weren't near to us mate. A few joined us coz they could see the empty seats and that they then weren't blocking anyone. Don't blame you for standing where you were, I couldn't believe it when so many sat down at kick off, especially with those bloody seats.

robsta said:
MrLeeC said:
robsta said:

It's a pity you weren't near to us mate. A few joined us coz they could see the empty seats and that they then weren't blocking anyone. Don't blame you for standing where you were, I couldn't believe it when so many sat down at kick off, especially with those bloody seats.

tell me about, i didnt get aske dto sit down not even once. so dont have a problem if i did then id say ok fair enough. but rules say at times of excitment you can stand or something like that that game was full of it! so i wasnt brakeing no law.!!

I was at the game, it's probably one of only about 4 or 5 that I get to in a season. I'm a bit cheesed off at criticism of "my sort". For my sins, I live in London as that's where the forces have based me. I go to maybe one home game a year, (I have a 4 month old baby and it's too far for me to be going on a regular basis), I'm always at Fulham, I'll probably be at Arsenal, I was at the Charity Shield.

If anyone thinks I'm not a proper fan / too posh / too Southern, too well spoken, too rich, not committed enough, or anything else, then frankly they can kiss my hairy swingers. I won't be judged by kids on the internet who probably never even made it to Maine Road.

Go to all the games, go to some, go to none, I don't care, just leave off judging other people who can't get to every game.

Mugatu said:
I was at the game, it's probably one of only about 4 or 5 that I get to in a season. I'm a bit cheesed off at criticism of "my sort". For my sins, I live in London as that's where the forces have based me. I go to maybe one home game a year, (I have a 4 month old baby and it's too far for me to be going on a regular basis), I'm always at Fulham, I'll probably be at Arsenal, I was at the Charity Shield.

If anyone thinks I'm not a proper fan / too posh / too Southern, too well spoken, too rich, not committed enough, or anything else, then frankly they can kiss my hairy swingers. I won't be judged by kids on the internet who probably never even made it to Maine Road.

Go to all the games, go to some, go to none, I don't care, just leave off judging other people who can't get to every game.

No one is judging people. Just the fact the most people complain about standing. dont want to stand dont your choice but dont moan when other people choose to stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.