Away tickets

There is something i don't quite understand from some of the posts. I have 3 children & all have had season tickets, my son still does. My 2 girls had season tickets for 5 yrs or more & i have enjoyed taking each of them to away games.We got our tickets through qualifying in our own right on every occassion. I get the feeling some posters don't seem to think its right that kids can get tickets for aways? How does this club build a fan base for the future without kids or are we that selfish. Unluckily for my girls they went when we were S..T. thing i do understand & have a lot of friends who go every game away,take this away from them & they would be lost & that is what some people are struggling with.I myself struggle with the fan that wants just that one game & maybe hasn't even been to a home game!!! Difficult to make this work & make everyone happy.

Hardly a proper indication. Who were these 3,000 people that voted? Were they all card holders and regular match goers, I suspect not.

Who knows but they are probably match going fans if they are following 1894.

Likewise, there is a groupings of about 20 posters on here who vehemently dislike the changes. I too thought the system worked well but for minor tweaks needed to encourage younger fans and guarantee a plane for less popular away games. That said, I don’t know why 20 or so posters think they speak for the majority of our match going fanbase.

Of course people want to go to the big away games... how is it fair though that thousands of loyal city fans will never be able to go to say united or Liverpool away literally because they were born later

Plenty of die hard blues can’t go to the shitty games on a wedneday night for all sorts of reasons - kids, money, work. It doesn’t make you less of a fan.

Even if you did start going to the unfashionable away games as you say it would take years to even get close. And you’d have to hope fans on 20,000 points stopped going or selling their tickets on

Ian cheesmans videos are a perfect example of that - it’s the same people for all the big games

It could be he just talks to the same people or shows their interviews

He is a bit safe to say the least with who he interviews, but he is not out there to cause a stir as that would be counter productive for him.

Let's see at Wembley or West Ham if he asks the question about tickets

Sorry, that this is not related to the recent discussion, but I have got a serious question:

Is there a policy or hidden agenda in England to prevent fans from going to away matches?

On 1st of June, Southampton and Cologne announced a pre-season friendly at St. Mary's for the 3rd August, 7 weeks later with only two weeks to go until the match takes place, still no tickets available for the away section. Saints started to sell tickets two weeks ago, but, as probably expected, don't sell tickets for the away section.

Cologne say they are in talks with Southampton, but haven't received any yet, so they couldn't start the sale.

Are they aware that people have to book flights, trains, ferrys or coaches and accomodation at some point? Most obviously did when the match was confirmed by both clubs, but I think a lot more would have come over had there been tickets on sale way earlier. Cologne have been let down by poor allocation in England before.

We got 1.100 for our first round German Cup away match, about 600 got to the away season ticket holders (demand is far higher but they stopped the sale of away season tickets a couple of years ago), the rest of 500 went on sale and sold out in 3 seconds. (We don't have a loyalty points scheme, it's on a rather first come, first served log-in-to-the-website-and-pray-you-get-through-basis lottery)

Last edited:
The only thing everyone agreed with was the platinum was a disgrace
Now the only way to actually climb the ladder is by the purchase of platinum
City Matters?
Was Diane Abbott in charge of the supporters negotiation team?

Its amazing isn't it that the City Matters group which is stacked with Supporter club members want change, as do some poster on here. We can't carry on the way we are regarding Away tickets, something has to give.

Well I'll tell you what sacrifice some of your fuckin tickets which you cream off, everyone else has to move on and accept this shit you've agreed too yet your nice stash of tickets are safe.

Fuckin hypocrites.

If you're talking about the Plymouth game I'm thinking about (weren't we 2 up and then lost 3-2 with Tommy Tynan scoring for them in the Paul Stewart days?), if so, itt was a midweek game, so hardly surprising there weren't many Blues there. A long way to Plymouth for an evening game. I had to take the day off work rent a car and drive down there as I couldn't get a train back.

Didn't get any points for it in those days though :-(
100% a Saturday game mate I stopped over your right about being two up typical city time, I remember they walked us out across the pitch. there weren't many there pity you didn't get points I'd have some points total now. : )

Well done for being there but plenty more than the 20,000+ pointers stood by City through the dark times otherwise we wouldn't have been getting 28,000 in the third division.

Put it to the club by all means but they'll be aware that 1894 put out a poll which 3000 city fans took part in and the largest number supported the changes. Not definitive but indicative, and if the club want to put it to season ticket holders, I'd be in support of that too. We'll see where it goes.

2609 votes actually and the split was as follows:

Happy with the changes - 37%
Unhappy with the changes - 33%
Not bothered/unsure - 30%

Those percentages show that there is a clear split in opinion, and it would be interesting to see the ages of the people who voted and how they voted. For example, I'm sure plenty of 18-25 year olds would be "happy with the changes", and who can blame them? I know I would be if I was in that age category, but how does a 26 year old with 17000 points feel?

Who knows but they are probably match going fans if they are following 1894.

Likewise, there is a groupings of about 20 posters on here who vehemently dislike the changes. I too thought the system worked well but for minor tweaks needed to encourage younger fans and guarantee a plane for less popular away games. That said, I don’t know why 20 or so posters think they speak for the majority of our match going fanbase.
Understand what you are saying but the club thinks that one person on a committee speaks for 40,000 season card holders. I think a lot who follow 1894 via twitter won't be match going fans but may follow the club. This new system is the start of more changes and not for the benefit of the average supporter. The biggest gripes with the allocation have been the corporate support, the amount of tickets that find their way onto reseller sites for inflated fees and the abuse by ticket office staff. The club hasn't addressed any of those issues with this system but have created other issues. 18 - 25 year old fans were at away games in large numbers so how were they getting their tickets previously? Why at games at Klanfield and the Swamp for instance were home fans in the away section and I am not talking about one or two. These are the types of issues that should be addressed first as well as the abuse by supporters clubs that most on here recognise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.