Away tickets

I have no problem with the ballot but surely the tickets used in it must come from an equal split of supporters' clubs, corporates, and season ticket holders, not from one section. The ticket collection could be a pain in the arse.
Yes, the rep informed us all that the 150 tickets would be split equally by all groups, yet it seems as though it’s the points holders who have had to lose the additional tickets.

Changes to an aside for a moment, why do city fans think it’s been harder and harder to get tickets to away matches in recent years?

I’ve been a season card holder for nearly 20 years. About 5-6 years ago I could easily get away tickets to everywhere bar United and maybe a couple of other aways. However I’m lucky now to have enough points to get a ticket at West Ham away. So why is that? Consequence of our success? Points system failing? More corporate?

I personally have no idea but it was clear something needed to be done.

Let's see if we can work out why you have fallen behind.

Not taking the piss, this is a genuine attempt to find out why you're finding it harder to get a ticket for regular away games.

(In recent years (say the last 6) I started going to all the away games I qualified for and I went from being nowhere near qualifying for Anfield and Old Trafford, to comfortably qualifying for tickets for those two shitholes with my own points.)

So the first question is, did you go to all the away games you qualified for?

Changes to an aside for a moment, why do city fans think it’s been harder and harder to get tickets to away matches in recent years?

I’ve been a season card holder for nearly 20 years. About 5-6 years ago I could easily get away tickets to everywhere bar United and maybe a couple of other aways. However I’m lucky now to have enough points to get a ticket at West Ham away. So why is that? Consequence of our success? Points system failing? More corporate?

I personally have no idea but it was clear something needed to be done.

5 or 6 years ago how many non manc / north west accents did you hear at away matches? How many Middle Eastern / oriental tourists did you see at away matches.

There’s your answer. Large chunks of our allocation being swallowed up by glory hunters who have joined far flung supporters clubs (and before I get pelters I know there’s plenty of out of towners who have put the years in and deserve tickets as much as anyone). Also hundreds siphoned off to corporate and legal ticket touts or finding their hands into associates of club staff and sponsors

Let's see if we can work out why you have fallen behind.

Not taking the piss, this is a genuine attempt to find out why you're finding it harder to get a ticket for regular away games.

(In recent years (say the last 6) I started going to all the away games I qualified for and I went from being nowhere near qualifying for Anfield and Old Trafford, to comfortably qualifying for tickets for those two shitholes with my own points.)

So the first question is, did you go to all the away games you qualified for?

No. But I didn’t go to all away games I qualified for 5-6 years ago when I could get more tickets. My attendance back them stayed more or less the same; I used to go to about 3 - 5 away games a season. Last few years I’ve only managed probably an average of 2 a season because of ineligibility points-wise.

Now correct me if I’m wrong but you seem to be suggesting that you have increased your away attendance last 6 years? So the question is why are you attending more away matches? If it’s because we are more successful/entertaining now? If so then we can put it in the category of a consequence of our own success. Maybe that’s what a lot of people are doing?

Tbh it sounds like the tickets won’t be with you until five days before, which means you won’t have the tickets in hand to return if you can’t go.
I was more thinking everyone will get their tickets as normal apart from the select few who will be emailed saying they need to collect there’s

For instance Bournemouth 2-00pm ko
The earliest you can get there is 13-26 on the train it’s a good 20-25 min walk from the station then you have to collect your ticket
Anymore good ideas city matters team !!!
Thanks for you’re input
Well it was evident from the outset that the people making the decisions are not part of the core away support and don’t understand what it entails.

Makes me laugh when I read people posting ‘if you are against collection, you must be a points whore’.

Well dickhead, not you Maccblue, I’m against collection because it’s my fucking life and not yours!

Is that true? Surely not!! I can see some comeback if someone else tries to collect your ticket, but not if it remains uncollected

What if I have a serious crash on the way to the match or if a family member drops dead on the morning of the game... this would be followed up by my season ticket getting blocked !!!
I’m just going by what united do I think they have zero tolerance. They’ve had a few fans go to that FSA and fight their case I think. And I’m sure I heard before that the fella who ran united TO and introducers all that shite is now at city

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...nth-Ban-Away-Games-Illness-Hull-City-Away/amp

Of course they will.
The supporters club allocation is sacrosanct.
And so they should be, Supporters club members are answerable to their members if they cause any trouble. Senn to many younger away supporters causing trouble including letting off flares. Was at the Burton match last season when a so called fan let off a flare in the away end bar. Burton cleared the bar and closed it so all the other fans couldn't get a drink. They also let one off right in front of me in crowd, when I tried to stamp it out and kick it away
I got a load of verbal. Not needed.

5 or 6 years ago how many non manc / north west accents did you hear at away matches? How many Middle Eastern / oriental tourists did you see at away matches.

There’s your answer. Large chunks of our allocation being swallowed up by glory hunters who have joined far flung supporters clubs (and before I get pelters I know there’s plenty of out of towners who have put the years in and deserve tickets as much as anyone). Also hundreds siphoned off to corporate and legal ticket touts or finding their hands into associates of club staff and sponsors

But crucially, if you were near the front of the queue 6 years ago and you continued to go to all the away games you qualified for, you'd still be at the front of the queue.

The system isn't broken.

It's not easy doing all the domestic away games you qualify for, it takes time and money and eats up a big chunk of your holidays from work.

It takes commitment and not only should the club refrain from taking the piss out of high pointers, they should actually show a little gratitude and respect.

There are too many delusional self serving wankers on here attacking a system that rewarded long term loyalty but that doesn't satisfy their inflated sense of entitlement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.