Balotelli alleged "stamp" V Spurs

Re: Balotelli Stamp V Spurs

Balague just tweeted in Spanish that the "rumour" is Webb is saying he didn't see the incident, aka definite ban if so you would think.

SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:
DTeacher said:
Hahaha - fair enough. ;o)

Don't you feel silly conversing with a robot?

smar-tees-mens-bell-end-tee_design.png

It looks like you have had an upgrade and they have fitted the emotion chip.

Only one problem with the emotion chip, it causes over heating as is the case with the Boyblue model.

The key is to look at the incident in real time, not replay and pause. In real time the action and movement of Balo looked natural. You can't discern an intended movement with his right foot back towards Parker in my opinion. It was in real-time that Howard Webb will have viewed the incident and in my mind the evidence is inconclusive.

I would like to raise the point about Balo's yellow card 5 minutes after coming on the pitch. When you consider how soon after his introduction into the game the 'offence' happened and the position on the pitch (on the edge of the opposition's D) it was an incredibly harsh decision, and I would venture that it's a clear case of penalising the 'shirt' not the offence. Any other player committing such an innocuous foul 5 minutes into the game (5 min's into Balo's game) would surely not receive a caution, with the possible exception of Mr J Barton.

If I were a betting man I would still put my money on Balo receiving a ban and possibly Joleon too. It's enough to make you believe in conspiracy theories.

Pride_In_Battle said:
And biggest "journalist" overreaction (Hereby starting a new "Dickhead of the Day" award) goes to Paul Parker for this article on Yahoo:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/balotelli-must-punished-severely-131558898.html

It is such a shame that Mario Balotelli's apparent stamp on Scott Parker has overshadowed what was an exciting 3-2 win for Manchester City over Tottenham on Sunday.

One of the biggest matches in the Premier League this season — bigger than United's visit to Arsenal was later that same day — lived up to its billing in the second half, but all anyone is able to focus on now are the negatives.

When the incident happened in real-time it was difficult to ascertain how serious it was. The lack of reaction from the Spurs players and the close proximity of referee Howard Webb seemed to show it was not that serious.

However, after repeated viewings in slow-motion it seems clear to me that Balotelli was in control of his actions. The first contact with his right leg may have meant him stumbling over the England midfielder, but his second action of stamping down with his left boot was his decision. Only he knows whether he truly meant to stamp on an opponent's head, but in my opinion he meant to bring his leg down in that sharp manner while fully aware that Parker was underneath him. In my book, that makes him guilty.

It was no surprise to me that Roberto Mancini did not come out to face the press after the match. Instead he sent out assistant David Platt (or, as we used to call him in the England squad, George Formby...). After his touchline histrionics last week in waving imaginary cards, for him not to face up when one of his players has serious questions over his conduct to answer only makes the situation worse in my eyes.

Parker is very fortunate that Balotelli did not catch him in the eye or sustain any serious damage. Any professional athlete is bound to have significant strength in the legs, and Balotelli is a particularly powerful player. Sustaining a blow like that would be far more severe than someone landing a punch.

In all my years of playing and watching football, that is one of the worst things I've seen one professional do to another on the pitch. Quite frankly, it was a disgrace.

The issue of tackles which are two-footed and lunging has come up recently — ironically following a harsh red card for a City player, Vincent Kompany. However, that furore over a few tackles which you would have been applauded for a decade ago or less pales into comparison to the dangers present if players exhibit the sort of behaviour that Balotelli did. I hope he gets punished severely, for the sake of football.

The FA has to be serious in their actions. A ban for a few matches or even an eight-game suspension, which we have already seen this season, will not send a strong enough message.

Back in 1998, Paolo di Canio was banned for 11 games for pushing a referee over. If Balotelli gets less than that then it would be a miscarriage of justice. Eric Cantona was taken out of the game for nine months for leaping into the crowd and attacking a thug that was abusing him. I think Balotelli should be dealt with just as severely.The worst thing is that people have all known Balotelli was capable of something like this. While this cult has built up around him for his supposed crazy antics, it has not exactly been the behaviour of a well-adjusted individual. By not addressing the little things, something big like this was always likely to happen.

Is he being serious, standing on a player on purpose or accidentally deserves 9 months out of the game!!

How can you stamp on someone when you are going in the opposite direction not looking at what you are doing and have both feet off the ground ? How does he even know where Parkers head or any other part of his body actually is ?

What is he a clairvoyant or something ?

At the end of the day we all know he will end up getting a 4 game ban and Lescott 3 game ban. Because the FA make the rules up as they are going on when it comes to clubs like City and Liverpool they dont like and let the Likes of Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs get away with the exact same stuff week in week out. Suarez gets an 8 match ban on the word of a UTD player. John Terry is being investigated by the police for racist comments carrys on playing no ban nothing. Wow thats fair equal treatment. Kompany 2 footed tackle get the ball no danger = 4 match ban. Frank Lampard 2 footed tackle studs showing on a Wolves player could have ended the players career on another day gets a yellow card. I could go on thats just 2 recent serious incidents with total different outcomes just ont he basis they are big london club players that are english and play for the national side. YOu will also note the press dont talk about it at all or offer any comment. WIth a city player they are calling for 8 match bans 9 month bans its just ridiculous.

Harry said they need to get restrospective reds so they will he is the next England manager after all. Dont expect and justice in his tax fraud trial either. If it was any ordinary working joe they would be looking at a 3 - 5 year sentence for serious fraud involving £200 grand income evaded deliberately with no tax paid.

I will put money on it now he gets off without any custodial sentence.

The hipogracy of Twitchy the BBC et al hasnt gone unoticed either. Mancini gets slaughtered for pointing out other similar incidents are not getting red cards, hes called a bad sport Rednapp gets praised for demanding long retrospective bans and the BBC have bee running a campaghn demanding Ballo gets a long retrospective ban since the match started. Not bias press much is it.

twinkletoes said:
SWP's back said:
twinkletoes said:
Don't you feel silly conversing with a robot?

smar-tees-mens-bell-end-tee_design.png

It looks like you have had an upgrade and they have fitted the emotion chip.

Only one problem with the emotion chip, it causes over heating as is the case with the Boyblue model.

Why drag me into this!?
Just because i proved you wrong doesnt mean you have to get all upset about it.

-- Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:11 pm --

MCFC BOB said:
I imagine both will be banned for one hundred and three games.

Edited for accuracy

-- Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:13 pm --

inchy14 said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
And biggest "journalist" overreaction (Hereby starting a new "Dickhead of the Day" award) goes to Paul Parker for this article on Yahoo:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/balotelli-must-punished-severely-131558898.html

It is such a shame that Mario Balotelli's apparent stamp on Scott Parker has overshadowed what was an exciting 3-2 win for Manchester City over Tottenham on Sunday.

One of the biggest matches in the Premier League this season — bigger than United's visit to Arsenal was later that same day — lived up to its billing in the second half, but all anyone is able to focus on now are the negatives.

When the incident happened in real-time it was difficult to ascertain how serious it was. The lack of reaction from the Spurs players and the close proximity of referee Howard Webb seemed to show it was not that serious.

However, after repeated viewings in slow-motion it seems clear to me that Balotelli was in control of his actions. The first contact with his right leg may have meant him stumbling over the England midfielder, but his second action of stamping down with his left boot was his decision. Only he knows whether he truly meant to stamp on an opponent's head, but in my opinion he meant to bring his leg down in that sharp manner while fully aware that Parker was underneath him. In my book, that makes him guilty.

It was no surprise to me that Roberto Mancini did not come out to face the press after the match. Instead he sent out assistant David Platt (or, as we used to call him in the England squad, George Formby...). After his touchline histrionics last week in waving imaginary cards, for him not to face up when one of his players has serious questions over his conduct to answer only makes the situation worse in my eyes.

Parker is very fortunate that Balotelli did not catch him in the eye or sustain any serious damage. Any professional athlete is bound to have significant strength in the legs, and Balotelli is a particularly powerful player. Sustaining a blow like that would be far more severe than someone landing a punch.

In all my years of playing and watching football, that is one of the worst things I've seen one professional do to another on the pitch. Quite frankly, it was a disgrace.

The issue of tackles which are two-footed and lunging has come up recently — ironically following a harsh red card for a City player, Vincent Kompany. However, that furore over a few tackles which you would have been applauded for a decade ago or less pales into comparison to the dangers present if players exhibit the sort of behaviour that Balotelli did. I hope he gets punished severely, for the sake of football.

The FA has to be serious in their actions. A ban for a few matches or even an eight-game suspension, which we have already seen this season, will not send a strong enough message.

Back in 1998, Paolo di Canio was banned for 11 games for pushing a referee over. If Balotelli gets less than that then it would be a miscarriage of justice. Eric Cantona was taken out of the game for nine months for leaping into the crowd and attacking a thug that was abusing him. I think Balotelli should be dealt with just as severely.The worst thing is that people have all known Balotelli was capable of something like this. While this cult has built up around him for his supposed crazy antics, it has not exactly been the behaviour of a well-adjusted individual. By not addressing the little things, something big like this was always likely to happen.

Is he being serious, standing on a player on purpose or accidentally deserves 9 months out of the game!!

Well we all know that racism is perfectly acceptable now

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Why drag me into this!?
Just because i proved you wrong doesnt mean you have to get all upset about it.
Have we not been through this?

Stuart Brennan article,spot on_
Roberto Mancini lost his voice in the frantic second half of the 3-2 win over Spurs… and the rest of us were pretty speechless too.

Apart from Harry Redknapp, of course, who had plenty to say about Mario Balotelli's apparent stamp on Scott Parker.

He thinks it's wrong, but he didn't think it was that wrong when Tom Huddlestone stamped on Bolton's Johan Elmander a couple of seasons ago, and escaped an FA charge. Two days later Redknapp was claiming he hadn't seen it – five minutes after the Balotelli incident he had seen it from all angles!

If Mancini had a little less class, he might point that out to Harry.

Instead, it looks increasingly like Balotelli will face a four-match ban – and the offence did look a bad one.

But all the witch-hunters out there should be searching their own cupboards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.