Balotelli alleged "stamp" V Spurs

Re: Balotelli Stamp V Spurs

If they ban him and Lescott, they have to look back at the Liverpool game surely with the two-footed challenge by Johnson the bell?

bluemoondays said:
imho, blue tinted specs off, that's a stamp, seems totally unnatural to kick out backwards when you are falling forwards or spinning. All that's doing is pushinh him further off balance with that leg movement. To prevent a fall his leg should be going out to the right or in front of his body.

If it was shrek every poster would be saying "Ban the f****r for 4 games".

To be honest had Ballo been sent off then i dont think anybody on here would have complained too much - wihtout doubt there is a case to answer the only mitigation is that he was spinning with both feet off the ground but its no way conclusive

The boggest frustration is that he made such a challenge and put himself in a position where he made a ref make a decision - he had only been on the pitch for a short time and fortunately the ref chose not to card him

During this period of time with injuries - suspensions and players being away each player has an obligation to the team the manager and the fans - yesterdays incident - the kicking off against Liverpool has got to be a concern

He is going to get marked out for even harsher treatment by ref's and i hope Bobby keeps him out of the first 11 for a few games.

He must change his ways 3 red and 17 yellows since he has been here is appalling

Good fuckin pen though

Re: 'He's done that before'

Gary James said:
Didn't he also say in one of the interviews yesterday "He's always doing it" - where's the evidence?

From a Spurs viewpoint it takes the attention off their failing title bid. For City.... perhaps we should talk about refereeing consistency. This would be a good moment for the Club to say that it totally supports the use of video technology from the start of next season with a tennis-like appeal system.

In that scenario Harry could have appealed at the time, if he felt strongly about it, and likewise we'd appeal against the sendings off/challenges that go against us.

All could be done within seconds and not delay the game (rather that than the negativity afterwards).

Film shows that the ref was watching all the time as well!

Well well, I never thought someone as high profile as yourself would agree about this particular vid tech angle. I wrote a lengthy article almost 2 years ago about this, on BM (which the MuEN ran as their own piece!). It's clearly the way forward. It insures against stupid retrospective bans as the matter is dealt with there and then. Eg., whilst Parker rolled around the floor, the vid could have looked at and a decision made.

Talking of said 'incident', if you 'stamp' someone, don't you have a sneaky look where your opponent is? The cam would have picked that up. Don't think Balo knew who slid in, he never looked down & I think he pre-empts an awkward fall by trying to correct it into a roll. Oddly enough, it could look like he has been deemed to an 'attempted stamp' on Parker's hand as well!!

He'd have been moaned at either way!

dctid said:
bluemoondays said:
imho, blue tinted specs off, that's a stamp, seems totally unnatural to kick out backwards when you are falling forwards or spinning. All that's doing is pushinh him further off balance with that leg movement. To prevent a fall his leg should be going out to the right or in front of his body.

If it was shrek every poster would be saying "Ban the f****r for 4 games".

To be honest had Ballo been sent off then i dont think anybody on here would have complained too much - wihtout doubt there is a case to answer the only mitigation is that he was spinning with both feet off the ground but its no way conclusive

The boggest frustration is that he made such a challenge and put himself in a position where he made a ref make a decision - he had only been on the pitch for a short time and fortunately the ref chose not to card him

During this period of time with injuries - suspensions and players being away each player has an obligation to the team the manager and the fans - yesterdays incident - the kicking off against Liverpool has got to be a concern

He is going to get marked out for even harsher treatment by ref's and i hope Bobby keeps him out of the first 11 for a few games.

He must change his ways 3 red and 17 yellows since he has been here is appalling

Good fuckin pen though

i havent got a problem with looking at video evidence.

lets look at the derby and evra`s elbow in the face of aguero and richards,

Webb is 5 yards away and waves away the incident and actually points at them so surely that means he's seen it and therefore no action can be taken?

I just can't see in a big match having been on for 10 minutes right in front of the ref, Balo doing that. I know he's a headcase but he can't be that stupid to want to do it on purpose.

The stupid thing is, every single incident is being highlighted and everyone is calling for bans!? I've seen a forearm smash by Evra on Micah at the Etihad a few weeks ago, NEVER mentioned.

Kompanys tackle wasn't a sending off, Giggs scissors down Aguero.

It's a joke it really is and the FA needs to get control back by not handing out bans based purely on media pressure, a media that is so bent on not wanting City to win the league that they all jumped up cheering in the press box when Bale scored.

Van Persie also, message under his shirt when he scored.. NOT BOOKED. Unlike Mario.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.