Balotelli alleged "stamp" V Spurs

Re: Balotelli Stamp V Spurs

I have an awful feeling that this is going to be treated just like the Adebayor stamp on Van Persie. The camera showed that Clattenberg must have seen it, but he afterwards claimed otherwise. Thus a retrospective red card.

Webb may well do likewise on this occasion and if he does then it's an inevitable ban for Mario. The only hope is that Webb comes out and says that in his opinion at the time it was accidental.

This 'trial by video' after the event is getting ridiculous and to be frank isn't helping referees in what is a difficult job anyway. No one is benefitting by it.
If we are going down this road then surely it's better to use it at the time of the incident and get it over with during the game - not 24 hours afterwards.
That would IMO help referees, rather than put them on the spot afterwards.

You know what, lads?

The more I think about what I said, the more I'm convinced that Balo's 'unnatural' movement is caused by Mario landing on Parker's hand!! As he tries to take the weight off the impact of landing on something, he tries to salvage his fall.

Have a closer look at it!

A definite Parker headbutt for me. Three game ban and strip him of his knighthood.

article-2090496-116A4A96000005DC-138_468x371.jpg

Morning Arry...hope you get a fair trial, be 'orrible if your pre judged.

Threw a sickie in today, i'm rough as fuck.
Watching the replay on Sky Sports now and it's hard to tell if he meant it or not. His reaction afterwards is either one of guilt or genuine concern for Parker. His motion is unnatural and suggests he kicked out, but nothing happened to make him react like that, so it could actually have been a genuine mistake.

I don't think he'll get any post-match punishment.

Redknapp's interview was fucking well funny, he looks like he wants to cry on the shoulder of the interviewer!

93rd minute penalty? Howard Webb isn't in on the agenda ;-)

Any contact with Parker was made in the first collison which was accidental....He did'nt make contact with his 'stamp' as could clearly be seen on MOTD, just as Webb's view of it all could be seen, he was looking directly at it.
Any retrospective ban 'must' take into account Webb's views on it, he is a no nonsense ref and would have sent him off with a straight red had he have thought is necessary. Sod this trial by video which brings me to Lescott...He's not that sort of player to have deliberately elbowed King, it looked nastly in slow mo but I think it was just a coming together of a group of players going for the ball, Lescott was one of 4 or 5 players who clashed.......

If Mario was banging them in every week I could forgive him for this but he isnt so I cant.

His off the field hype has exceeded his ability on the field and the two are becoming difficult to separate.

What he did to Parker could have cost us the game and we will (could) lose him for the next four games.

His benefits on the field have to be balanced against his self destruct button.

Whilst we are in the midst of our first real title challenge his behaviour could be our undoing.

twinkletoes said:
If Mario was banging them in every week I could forgive him for this but he isnt so I cant.

His off the field hype has exceeded his ability on the field and the two are becoming difficult to separate.

What he did to Parker could have cost us the game and we will (could) lose him for the next four games.

Whilst we are in the midst of our first real title challenge his behaviour could be our undoing.

He banged in what could prove to be one of the most important goals of the season yesterday.

twinkletoes said:

What?? Aguero 17, Dzeko 14, Balotelli 12 - not exactly a goal drought is it!!

Trial by video, comes into mind when rooney elbowed a wigan player (i think) off the ball last season, right in front of the ref, apparantly rooney wasnt watching where he was going and lifted his elbow up while running past him and got away with it, Ballotelli was spinning around and didnt know where he was, so the momentum made him stamp his foot down, in all honesty in cases like this its his word against theres.
Slow motion replays makes things look a lot worse than they really are, real time it looks ok.
He should get away with it, but, its Ballotelli involved so its going to be a ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.