Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

fatbloke said:
The OP is disgusting and completely completely ridiculous.

Balotelli ran his arse off today, he made run after run after run and if anyone knows the game you could see him dropping back into midfield all the time to prevent West Ham playing an easy ball. His problem today was that our midfield was so pedestrian and slow after that first 20 minutes that no one gave him the fucking ball. Silva would be absolutely ideal to play just behind Mario but including Toure, Barry and De Jong means he spends most of his time coming in from the left. Balotelli was very unlucky with the one that crashed against the bar and with the second one I think he was trying to make too sure by rolling it in the corner when he should have just fucking plastered it through the defenders. All in all it was a very complete display from Super Mario, just missing a goal but that will come. To play as a lone striker for a potential Top 4 club (fingers crossed) as a 20 year old in his first season in the Premiership is some going whether he cost £24m or 24p. People who think Mario is lazy need to watch him more closely, his movement is incredible.

thought Mario played well today.

I'd rather see Dzeko at Everton, though.

fatbloke said:
The OP is disgusting and completely completely ridiculous.

Balotelli ran his arse off today, he made run after run after run and if anyone knows the game you could see him dropping back into midfield all the time to prevent West Ham playing an easy ball. His problem today was that our midfield was so pedestrian and slow after that first 20 minutes that no one gave him the fucking ball. Silva would be absolutely ideal to play just behind Mario but including Toure, Barry and De Jong means he spends most of his time coming in from the left. Balotelli was very unlucky with the one that crashed against the bar and with the second one I think he was trying to make too sure by rolling it in the corner when he should have just fucking plastered it through the defenders. All in all it was a very complete display from Super Mario, just missing a goal but that will come. To play as a lone striker for a potential Top 4 club (fingers crossed) as a 20 year old in his first season in the Premiership is some going whether he cost £24m or 24p. People who think Mario is lazy need to watch him more closely, his movement is incredible.

Jesus a front two of Silva and Mario. What potential that has!

It's not exactly Pollock and Bradbury.

Thought he was fine today. There is always going to be people moaning because he doesnt charge around the pitch, like a Tevez. But at the end of the day some players dont need to output massive amounts of energy to get results. And at the end of the day, couldve easily had 2-3 goals with a bit more luck.

I agree that he was 'good', played well. Not his best, not his worst. Some moments that showed why we rate him so highly, some moments that show why the criticism comes up time and again.

Flawed genius? We don't know. It's just to early to stamp Balo one way or another. Would have been nice if he had put that one under the bar, this thread would have gone much better.

For those who think Balotelli is lazy, did you not see him track back to make that tackle well inside our half? I think he puts so much into all areas of the game, just because he doesn't get a goal every game, he links up with the midfield well and he tracks back in key situations. I think he could be a key part of our team in the coming seasons.

I don't understand what you guys want from him. I watched the whole game today. THere was a lot of times when he made a quick pass to a teammate and made a run expecting the ball back but he never received it. It happened a bunch of times.

But I guess Balotelli only has himself to blame because he put on this pressure on himself at the start of the season. He put the spotlight on himself.

Re: Where do you stand?

completely agree with the OP. There is no dispute that balo is potentially the best striker in the world. The question is do we want him to fulfil this potential for us or someone else. He has never played with the massive fan support that I am certain would play a big part in settling the lad down. You dont have to be a psychologist to see the part his background plays in how he carries on and how bobby is the best placed manager in the world to sort him. Again do you want him playing for someone else in CL against us?

This doesn't mean that we have to put up with continual bad behaviour and he has to abide by the standards set by the club, but don't we have as blues also need to get behind the lad?

Don't give a shit what he does as long as he scores.

He is nowhere near world class and will have to work very hard to get there.

he's almost put a full season in the prem now. missed quite a bit of time due to injury. he's started to come on now and win over fans.

he's not perfect, there are some things he needs to work out before he can take that next step to super star. I think consistency is what makes players great . game in game out performances.

if he was 25 or so I would be giving a more steadfast opinion. at 20 years old, first season in the prem, first season outside of his native Italy. I think it's very positive and he can only go up from here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.