Balotelli: being a " character" is not enough (merged)

Re: being a " character" is not enough

The Ronaldo comparisons are about The Real Ronaldo, rather than Tranny. Either way, seem to remember people slagging him off for being disinterested in his first couple of years

Re: Where do you stand?

RandomJ said:
I've already debated this until I am blue in the face. But the short version is people are rating him on potential ability not ability he is showing here and now. And like I said I hope he becomes this world beater who will win games for us but as it stands now people are rating him far too highly for what he has actually done.

I'm debating on what he as already shown at Inter.

Balotelli hasn't ever had a good game in a City shirt, by his own standards. He's currently at about 25% of what he actually can do. That isn't potential, that's what he can already do.

what an awful thread..... and that too after a win... mario had an avg okay performance for a lone striker today..
if you all have a close look at mario,you will understand the work rate he puts in... its just the style of some players that blinds some people.. same as the case of mario... he is a ronaldo type striker... closest thing to ronaldo i had seen... even the great ronaldo was not a good track backer... still,the best striker world had ever seen... mario is on his way to become one of the footballing greats... just wait and see him reach there rather than slagging him off and comparing him with chichotitti...

Damocles said:
The Ronaldo comparisons are about The Real Ronaldo, rather than Tranny. Either way, seem to remember people slagging him off for being disinterested in his first couple of years
I've heard it many-a-time where people have said he will one day be for us what the Tranny was to United. That may well be the case and only time will tell. My point though is that people have given him legend status for the mad-cap things he has done off the pitch, and I think it covers the cracks that the actual case is that he isn't that good where it matter - on the pitch. Imagine someone 'boring' putting in the same performances? Someone who doesn't wink at Rio, who doesn't wolf whistle at hookers who bedded Rooney, who doesn't break into womens prisons, who doesn't drive round with £25k 'because I can'.... those things instantly appeal to some fans because its what we would all like to do ourselves, and it portrays a character, a mentalist and someone who is just a loony who we all love. The fact is though that he doesn't apply himself on the pitch as much as he should do, and it should only be on the pitch where he is judged, not some hoo-har he causes in an italian restaurant in town. That 'boring' player I referred to would have been hounded ages ago.

Damocles said:
RandomJ said:
I've already debated this until I am blue in the face. But the short version is people are rating him on potential ability not ability he is showing here and now. And like I said I hope he becomes this world beater who will win games for us but as it stands now people are rating him far too highly for what he has actually done.

I'm debating on what he as already shown at Inter.

Balotelli hasn't ever had a good game in a City shirt, by his own standards. He's currently at about 25% of what he actually can do. That isn't potential, that's what he can already do.

Why do you think he's playing at only 25% of his ability then?
The manager? The environment? He doesn't really want to be here..?

Soulboy said:
No real pace... cannot hold a ball played up to him... cannot head the ball... no real dribbling skills... not a genuine team player... goes down too easily... has a shit attitude with his team mates, manager and opposition players... is not a natural goalscorer...

Yeah, apart from that potentially a world superstar. ;-))

Hasn't DJ Campbell scored as many goals?

Have you watched him play? He's the most naturally gifted goalscorer I've ever seen, he's the fastest player on our team (look it up), his dribbling skills are second to none. I don't agree that he can't head or ball or hold one up, but at least you can argue those, the others are so mad that they are in a different class. Watch this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uvuDo0iBs[/youtube]

Still unconvinced by Balotelli to lead the line. Too unreliable at times for me, IMO Dzeko would have been the better choice.

Soulboy said:
Why do you think he's playing at only 25% of his ability then?
The manager? The environment? He doesn't really want to be here..?

He's had a turbulent season with injuries and suspensions, and he's barely played two games in a row more than a few times. He just needs time to settle, he'll be fine, trust me :)

Pigeonho said:
ghost305 said:
I don't understand what you guys want from him. I watched the whole game today. THere was a lot of times when he made a quick pass to a teammate and made a run expecting the ball back but he never received it. It happened a bunch of times.

But I guess Balotelli only has himself to blame because he put on this pressure on himself at the start of the season. He put the spotlight on himself.
I noticed this myself too. Silva was the main culprit there.
I can't stick up for Balotelli too much though, not unless he starts scoring more and looking more interested. I think too many Blues are influenced by the fact he is a 'legend' off the pitch because of the shit he gets up too. If he was a boring, miserable bastard who was never in the news at all, but still hadn't scored any goals in 10 matches and looked as uninterested as he does at times, I think alot more fans would be on his back. What he does off the pitch, (or the controversial stuff he does on it), shouldn't mask the judgement of the fact he simply isn't looking like a £24m 'world class' player. I've heard references to Ronaldo when talking of Balotelli. He has millions of miles of work to do before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as the tranny.
its the fat ronaldo mate... but comparing with gay boy,at 20 years old,mario is still better mate... dont forget tranny was not asked to lead the line for man utd when he was 20... and score around 10 goals in 40 plus games i think...

Damocles said:
Soulboy said:
No real pace... cannot hold a ball played up to him... cannot head the ball... no real dribbling skills... not a genuine team player... goes down too easily... has a shit attitude with his team mates, manager and opposition players... is not a natural goalscorer...

Yeah, apart from that potentially a world superstar. ;-))

Hasn't DJ Campbell scored as many goals?

Have you watched him play? He's the most naturally gifted goalscorer I've ever seen, he's the fastest player on our team (look it up), his dribbling skills are second to none. I don't agree that he can't head or ball or hold one up, but at least you can argue those, the others are so mad that they are in a different class. Watch this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2uvuDo0iBs[/youtube]

Why do you always personalise things? "Have I seen him play?" Haven't we already been down that path... I've seen FAR more City games than you have... okay?

I watched him at Blackburn, two yards lead over Phil Jones, who passed him by as they chased a ball.

Never once seen him use this pace to get past people. I've yet to see him run clear off a back four. When did he last dribble past people?

No point showing me stuff he did at Inter, I can only give my judgement based on his time at City. I'm sure I could find stuff of Samaras looking brilliant for Herenveen or Jo looking top notch for his previous club... best we just concentrate on what he's done at City, and as you just stated he has not had one good game for City so far.

No goals in ten games now isn't it?

I really want him to succeed, but I always feared that he wouldn't fit in. Just my opinion remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.