Balotelli (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaylord du Bois said:
peoffrey said:
I've never really felt 100% comfortable watching him in a City shirt because I believe he's just a moment of madness away from costing us dearly. He's got the rest of his life to fuck around after he's finished playing but he just won't take it on board.

He's just a thick **** with an attitude problem.
. Wish someone would say that about me.

oi oi Gay Lord Thick,rich and bi lingual that's you m8

happy xmas

i8rags said:
Rammy Blue said:
chumpster1 said:
Lots of fickle blues on this thread.

Tevez turned his back on the club but now he's scoring lets bum him.
Balo sulks at being subbed, lets get rid.

Who was it that toe poked the pass that led to the league winning goal.
Who is it that not only winds the rag players up more than any other but also their raggy fans.

As i said fickle.

Tevez had given us 2 years of being the best player at the club, Mario has given us next to fuck all in 2 and a half years.
Fact.

I dont think Mancio will agree with you

johnbmcr said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
peoffrey said:
I've never really felt 100% comfortable watching him in a City shirt because I believe he's just a moment of madness away from costing us dearly. He's got the rest of his life to fuck around after he's finished playing but he just won't take it on board.

He's just a thick **** with an attitude problem.
. Wish someone would say that about me.

oi oi Gay Lord Thick,rich and bi lingual that's you m8

happy xmas
That'll do for me. I'll send you a postcard.

Manchester City are taking a substantial risk by going outside of disciplinary guidelines to fine Mario Balotelli £340,000, resulting in a legal case which could drag on into next year. The Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) is surprised that City have charged the Italian with misconduct and fined him two weeks' wages, because guidelines they have put in place with all clubs and the Premier League do not entitle sides to fine players for a general accumulation of yellow and red cards – as the Premier League champions are doing in Balotelli's case.

City can point to the disrepute Balotelli has brought upon the club and manager Roberto Mancini's persistent attempts to tackle a disciplinary record which saw the striker miss 11 of the club's 54 games – 20.37 per cent – last season.

The Premier League champions, who ascribe huge importance to the way players' conduct reflects on the positive image of the club, will argue the 22-year-old Italian is in breach of his own contract when they face him at a Premier League tribunal in London tomorrow. But experts in the field believe that the PFA/Premier League guidelines – which only allow clubs to fine players for a sequence of dissent and violent conduct charges – will take precedence over the contract. City are confident they will win their highly unusual case against Balotelli, whom they fined at the end of last season because of a pattern of on-field behaviour. But even if the two-man tribunal rejects Balotelli's appeal against their fine, the player can take it to a Football League appeals committee, dragging the public dispute into next year. Potentially the legal case could stretch beyond his career at the Etihad, if this public spat does prove the last straw for him there.

City also went outside PFA and Premier League guidelines last season, when they attempted to fine Carlos Tevez four weeks wages, later reduced to two, after the PFA backed the striker's argument that he had not refused to play as a substitute against Bayern Munich.

This time, Balotelli's lawyers are expected to draw heavily on the disciplinary template agreed several years ago by the PFA, the Premier League, Football League and all clubs, relating to "field discipline." It provided a way of clubs being able to fine players for violent conduct and dissent – the two acts which the clubs were very keen to wipe out of the game – with fines ratcheting up each time a player was cautioned or dismissed for those two offences, in the course of a season.

The guidelines were laid down to prevent players challenging clubs' attempts to fine them and the PFA feel that the system is robust. The accumulation system means that players cautioned a third time for dissent are fined 40 per cent of their weekly wages, while a third dismissal for violent conduct brings the maximum fine of two weeks' wages.

But nowhere is there anything agreed for a general accumulation of yellows and reds and that is why Balotelli is within his rights to take the case to tribunal. His lawyers are likely to argue that clubs cannot use the guidelines when it suits them and then cherry pick the cases where they want to disregard them. There are few precedents in cases like this as few clubs have attempted to go beyond the guidelines.

Mancini's senior players and some of his coaching staff are so disenchanted with Balotelli and his distracting dressing room presence that they have told the manager he should jettison him in January. They contend that Balotelli's occasional moments of effectiveness on the field are now far outweighed by the detriment he is causing the club, on and off the field. Senior figures hope Mancini leaves him out of the first-team picture over Christmas, starting with Saturday's home game with Reading.

Balotelli will have Italian lawyers representing him at the Premier League tribunal, where the PFA will be acting for him in an advisory capacity to translate the nuances, with the union's former chairman, Richard Jobson, liaising.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/city-risk-long-battle-with-balotelli-over-disrepute-fine-8423036.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 23036.html</a>

I think Balotelli can show his true talent and skill if he gets a run of games. Unfortunately that just isn't going to happen unless we move to a new formation permanently that incorporates the three strikers we have or we sell Dzeko and Tevez.

Call me a fan boy and so on but it is just my opinion. A player like him who strives on confidence needs to play and when he does and does well keep him playing.

Mancini really frustrated me a few weeks ago when Balotelli scored v Wigan and then he was dropped for the Everton game only to then bring him back in and expect him to do wonders v utd.

He actually played ok v utd and showed some nice link up play with Aguero up top and created a few chances also.
eg pass through to Aguero who miscontrolled and control and lay off to Barry who shot wide.

CTID101 said:
I think Balotelli can show his true talent and skill if he gets a run of games. Unfortunately that just isn't going to happen unless we move to a new formation permanently that incorporates the three strikers we have or we sell Dzeko and Tevez.

Call me a fan boy and so on but it is just my opinion. A player like him who strives on confidence needs to play and when he does and does well keep him playing.

Mancini really frustrated me a few weeks ago when Balotelli scored v Wigan and then he was dropped for the Everton game only to then bring him back in and expect him to do wonders v utd.

He actually played ok v utd and showed some nice link up play with Aguero up top and created a few chances also.
eg pass through to Aguero who miscontrolled and control and lay off to Barry who shot wide.

True to a point but it is also Mario's lack of discipline and application that is hampering is career.

LoveCity said:
Manchester City are taking a substantial risk by going outside of disciplinary guidelines to fine Mario Balotelli £340,000, resulting in a legal case which could drag on into next year. The Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) is surprised that City have charged the Italian with misconduct and fined him two weeks' wages, because guidelines they have put in place with all clubs and the Premier League do not entitle sides to fine players for a general accumulation of yellow and red cards – as the Premier League champions are doing in Balotelli's case.

City can point to the disrepute Balotelli has brought upon the club and manager Roberto Mancini's persistent attempts to tackle a disciplinary record which saw the striker miss 11 of the club's 54 games – 20.37 per cent – last season.

The Premier League champions, who ascribe huge importance to the way players' conduct reflects on the positive image of the club, will argue the 22-year-old Italian is in breach of his own contract when they face him at a Premier League tribunal in London tomorrow. But experts in the field believe that the PFA/Premier League guidelines – which only allow clubs to fine players for a sequence of dissent and violent conduct charges – will take precedence over the contract. City are confident they will win their highly unusual case against Balotelli, whom they fined at the end of last season because of a pattern of on-field behaviour. But even if the two-man tribunal rejects Balotelli's appeal against their fine, the player can take it to a Football League appeals committee, dragging the public dispute into next year. Potentially the legal case could stretch beyond his career at the Etihad, if this public spat does prove the last straw for him there.

City also went outside PFA and Premier League guidelines last season, when they attempted to fine Carlos Tevez four weeks wages, later reduced to two, after the PFA backed the striker's argument that he had not refused to play as a substitute against Bayern Munich.

This time, Balotelli's lawyers are expected to draw heavily on the disciplinary template agreed several years ago by the PFA, the Premier League, Football League and all clubs, relating to "field discipline." It provided a way of clubs being able to fine players for violent conduct and dissent – the two acts which the clubs were very keen to wipe out of the game – with fines ratcheting up each time a player was cautioned or dismissed for those two offences, in the course of a season.

The guidelines were laid down to prevent players challenging clubs' attempts to fine them and the PFA feel that the system is robust. The accumulation system means that players cautioned a third time for dissent are fined 40 per cent of their weekly wages, while a third dismissal for violent conduct brings the maximum fine of two weeks' wages.

But nowhere is there anything agreed for a general accumulation of yellows and reds and that is why Balotelli is within his rights to take the case to tribunal. His lawyers are likely to argue that clubs cannot use the guidelines when it suits them and then cherry pick the cases where they want to disregard them. There are few precedents in cases like this as few clubs have attempted to go beyond the guidelines.

Mancini's senior players and some of his coaching staff are so disenchanted with Balotelli and his distracting dressing room presence that they have told the manager he should jettison him in January. They contend that Balotelli's occasional moments of effectiveness on the field are now far outweighed by the detriment he is causing the club, on and off the field. Senior figures hope Mancini leaves him out of the first-team picture over Christmas, starting with Saturday's home game with Reading.

Balotelli will have Italian lawyers representing him at the Premier League tribunal, where the PFA will be acting for him in an advisory capacity to translate the nuances, with the union's former chairman, Richard Jobson, liaising.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/city-risk-long-battle-with-balotelli-over-disrepute-fine-8423036.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 23036.html</a>

Such a shame this is playing out like this. People will blame Mancini for persevering with him but the boy has talent and we paid big money for him. I hope whatever is going to happen next, happens quietly.

Ray78 said:
CTID101 said:

True to a point but it is also Mario's lack of discipline and application that is hampering is career.

kim_jong_il_as_depicted_in_the_movie_team_america__4eefc83eb1.jpg

TCIB said:
Ray78 said:
CTID101 said:

kim_jong_il_as_depicted_in_the_movie_team_america__4eefc83eb1.jpg

Oddly enough he looks like me, but I am a bit taller than him and he has more hair than me :)

massive shame

i hope he comes back to haunt us. cause he will. and then watch every mug in this thread try and claim they wanted him to stay

good luck mario. thanks for the memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.