Balotelli - could be a Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Balotelli

No idea why any City fan would want Balo back, all he did was cause trouble on-field (dont care about off-field stuff), i cant remember many if any performances where he was excellent, the FA Cup Final against Stoke was probably as good as he played for us, and that was hardly worthy of world class status some people seem to think hes at or going to reach. Ok to touched that ball onto Aguero, but overall for City he was poor. Hope he goes to LFC, i'd rather they got Balo than someone like Falcao.

Re: Mario Set To Join Liverpool

willipp said:
Lets hope he doesnt sign in time for Mondays game if he does sign. It would be typical Mario to score against, not celebrate and then later get sent off. He is great for the prem though as he keeps things very interesting and would be a good signing for them if he can keep things about his football on the pitch.

However, if he can't make it at his boyhood club Milan, then i question if he will ever make it anywhere.

Yeah 30 goals in 54 games for Milan, really rubbish!

Milan are looking to seriously reduce their wage bill with no European football this season and will listen to reasonable offers for most of their high earners.

Re: Mario Set To Join Liverpool

lancs blue said:
willipp said:
Lets hope he doesnt sign in time for Mondays game if he does sign. It would be typical Mario to score against, not celebrate and then later get sent off. He is great for the prem though as he keeps things very interesting and would be a good signing for them if he can keep things about his football on the pitch.

However, if he can't make it at his boyhood club Milan, then i question if he will ever make it anywhere.

Yeah 30 goals in 54 games for Milan, really rubbish!

Milan are looking to seriously reduce their wage bill with no European football this season and will listen to reasonable offers for most of their high earners.

Yes but with Mario it isnt about the goals he scores, its about all the other crap that comes with it. If he was scoring those goals and was not up to his usual antics they would no way consider selling him for 14 million.

mosssideblue said:
Bruun said:
Headline of transfer talk on goal: AC Milan want just £14m for Balotelli, for that price i'd definately want him back!
Sorry. Mad Mario on his day is as good as anyone. Trouble is he has problems staying on the pitch for 90 mins. Had his time with us and were grateful for seeing his ability.

Has had ample opportunity to develop as a player and a person, but sadly has failed and remains too imature to come back to the Etihad.

His main problem is that he only has 'his day' two or three times a season

Not good enough for us, wouldn't even get on our bench

chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
Bruun said:
Headline of transfer talk on goal: AC Milan want just £14m for Balotelli, for that price i'd definately want him back!
Sorry. Mad Mario on his day is as good as anyone. Trouble is he has problems staying on the pitch for 90 mins. Had his time with us and were grateful for seeing his ability.

Has had ample opportunity to develop as a player and a person, but sadly has failed and remains too imature to come back to the Etihad.

Off the top of my head I can think of about 4 performances where he was actually excellent

- Stoke FA Cup Final
- United 1-6 (But so was everyone else)
- Villa at home where he scored a hat-trick IIRC
- Norwich at home

Can anyone think of any others?

chris85mcfc said:
mosssideblue said:
Bruun said:

Very very harsh assessment.

The Milan team Mario plays in isn't all that and we all know that strikers, even the best ones, need service, which he hasn't got there.

If you look at his goals/minutes ratio during his time at City it tells a very different story to "his day" only coming two or three times a season.

Personally I think for Liverpool it'll be a fantastic signing. He's a bona fide match winner, and will thrive playing in front of Sterling and Coutinho, even Lallana.

For me if they get him, it's a certainty they'll finish in the top 4 again, which is nice because it means its a certainty the rags won't!

bobmcfc said:
Did we have any sell on clause with marios deal ?
If we did, we still won't get anything if Milan sell him for less than they pay for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.