Balotelli [MERGED]

gio's side step said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Mario is a big game player, playing at home to 27,000 against Kiev isn't going to excite the boy - now wembley? Then you'll see what all the fuss has been about, a shoe in to be motm.

So if we take your argument to be correct, then why did Mancini pick him in this smaller 'at home to 27,000 against Kiev' last night? Did you go? Was it a big game for you?

Just to start with watch your tone with me skippy, and before you question my appearance at the game don't go their, seriously DON'T.

The game was a mediocre affair at best, hence people not moving heaven and earth to get there, and what is in essence a mediocre cup? Am I wrong?
And try looking up a little 'football' related history regarding Mario, where he excels etc etc.

Now jog the fuck on

Re: The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread.

Marios' red card was a bit unlucky in my opinion, it wasn't a horrendous tackle. The referee was whistle-happy and when the opposition players are rolling around on the floor like they'd been shot, it was always going to result in a red card.

Benarbia said:
big blueballs said:
Yeah and he has only been here 3 months, in a new country, new team mates, new league, new system of play, but hey he should be scoring at least 2 a game, he did cost £25million don't you know, I give up, some real clueless berks on here

Javier Hernandez hth
Yeah at a club with a settled side used to winning week in week out players around him who have been at the club years and a manager who knows the club the league the country inside out and he has been with them since last summer so how you can compare him to dzeko I don't know

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
gio's side step said:
So if we take your argument to be correct, then why did Mancini pick him in this smaller 'at home to 27,000 against Kiev' last night? Did you go? Was it a big game for you?

Just to start with watch your tone with me skippy, and before you question my appearance at the game don't go their, seriously DON'T.

The game was a mediocre affair at best, hence people not moving heaven and earth to get there, and what is in essence a mediocre cup? Am I wrong?
And try looking up a little 'football' related history regarding Mario, where he excels etc etc.

Now jog the fuck on

HAAAAAAAA! Brilliant. Just absolutely brilliant.

Ah so we've moved on from "in a new country, new team mates, new league, new system of play"

Face it, he's a paceless donkey - no shame in that fact

mancity1 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Need to get this clown out of the club sharpish! I am not just saying this because of what happened last night, the guy is a disaster waiting to happen! Those saying last night wasnt intentional clearly dont have eyes, he should have gone for the elbow the other week and he certainly deserved to see red last night!

So we know he has an awful attitude, what about his ability? Ive yet to see any!!! This is a guy who rates himself as the 2nd best player in the World, only just behind Messi, let me tell you now......he is absolutely deluded. This guy belongs in Middle Earth or at Hogwarts because he has a head full of magic, if he made such outlandish, ridiculous statements in other walks of life they would cart him off to the funny farm!

£25 million down the drain, when Mourinho said what he said about him that should have been enough for the club to tell Mancini that we would not be pursuing Balotellis signature.

Balo is nothing short of a idiot and I really do worry about the intelligence levels of some City fans when they are on here defending him. What is more worrying is the City fans on here who actually believe the hype that Balotelli is any good! 2nd best player in the World yet cant control a football and cant pass to another City player. Ive seen nothing from him which suggests he is any better than Vassell, then again people were also on here defending Vassell as a good player so I guess I shouldnt be surprised!

Decent clarkie

Let me just confirm that my post is 100% Non Clarkie! I mean every single word in that post!

Re: The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread.

What has happened to City when it's no longer a place for the maverick?

Flawed? Yes. Nutbag? Yes. An amazing prospect? Yes.

He is the kind of player I pay money to watch.

Sociopathy - new term = Antisocial Personality Disorder. There is a spectrum from mild (most of the population) to extreme (minority)

Common Features: created by poor parenting. Sociopaths develop a lack of remorse, shame and consistently break the rules of their society. This creates a person that lacks empathy and can be quite callous with victims.

Mix it with "Narcisistic tendencies" which are nurtured by unearned and untold riches plus inordinate amounts of attention - the sociopathic characteristics deepen.

Generally, people at the extreme end tend to destroy the society (relationships) around them - they can't help it, it's just the way they are. Prisons and assylums are full of extreme sociopaths because there is no cure. Sad but painfully true.

Mancini's resolve to "help" has to be admired but he is out of his depth.
City is not a psychological treatment centre and Bob is not a psychiatrist.

Sorry ADUG, but your manager needs to exit his most treasured possession or your vision is going tits up very soon.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mario's face doesn't fit, it's as simple as that.

He is in the public conscious for all the wrong reasons courtesy of a typical Little Englander media slant.

Sure, Mario can be an arse, a petulant one who still has plenty to do to realise his undoubted potential.

He makes the difficult things look easy, you see. That's what frustrates people and creates envy in others.

I will go as far as to say both his red cards this season have been a little harsh.

Last night's dismissal, I saw a high ball, a player in Popov who continued throughout the game to cheat, and a challenge from Mario which albeit reckless, I wholeheartedly believe was without any malice.

The connection with the chest was minimal, the continuining momentum (gravity) resulting in the foot coming down as it did.

Balo left his foot in too long, admittedly, but I'm not so sure the resulting cry of aghast opinion would be so strong if it wasn't the complex character Mario Balotelli?

We've seen it before with Robinho, all the talent in the world, not enough time or patience to nuture it.

John Champion's commentary on ESPN is a prime example, everything prior to the sending off was over emphasised.

From putting on the bib, to missing the easy chance. Remember Robinho turning up for euro trip with trainers on?

Balo attempted an overhead kick v Aris, ESPN's Chris Waddle described it as foolish a dangerous. The irony was not lost upon me.

I hope this can be the making of Mario, the game needs people like him. As fans, we certainly need to show him some patience and love.

If we continue to do that, we can still get it back in spades.

Perhaps England is not for him, perhaps he knows Mancini's own position is up for debate.

What is beyond debate, City fans look after their own.

He is one of us, and the sooner we and he realise it, the time to change opinions where it matters, out on the field, can begin.

A prime example I give is Wayne Rooney.

A pariah for last ten months. A god again, in the blink of a disbelieving eye.

Thank God a post from someone with some sense. Absolutely 100% spot on. There's a witchhunt against Mario and has been since he signed, it's saddening to see how many City fans are so keen to slag him off and call him every name under the sun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.