Balotelli [MERGED]

gio's side step said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Just to start with watch your tone with me skippy, and before you question my appearance at the game don't go their, seriously DON'T.

The game was a mediocre affair at best, hence people not moving heaven and earth to get there, and what is in essence a mediocre cup? Am I wrong?
And try looking up a little 'football' related history regarding Mario, where he excels etc etc.

Now jog the fuck on

HAAAAAAAA! Brilliant. Just absolutely brilliant.

I thought so twitch

Re: The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread.

It was a red card, he left his foot in and knew damn well what he was doing. There were mitigating circumstances; the simple miss and then blocking the shot from Silva as well as seemingly being pulled up for a foul every time he breathed on a player.

Ultimately he fucked up, he had one of those crazy moments we all know he can. But he's 20 years old and has talent coming out of his arse. Let Mancini do whatever he has to with him and then see where he's at in a couple of weeks.

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:
No matter what we the fans think of Balotelli's actions last night... no matter what the manager thinks of Balotelli's actions last night.. the manager should NEVER publicly criticise his players in such a manner as he has done.

Whether Mancini was using Balotelli as an excuse for our defeat or not is largely irrelevant... a manager should never throw one of his players to the baying mob.

Ferguson actually pursued Cantona when it was needed, never once berated him publicly. Has always drawn in the waggons when the club or player is under threat.

Poor man-management skills by Mancini in my opinion, and another example of the pressure he is under... and is wilting due to it.

All I can hope is that Mancini has sacrificed Balotelli for the greater good, as maybe the other players have also had enough of him. In that case, he could still have done it all in private...

I disagree.

Damned if he did or didn't mate. You know it, I know it, there are tribes in the Brazilian rain forest that would have been able to guess that however Mancini reacted in the press conference (Balo is stupid, Balo was unlucky), then a poster such as yourself would have started a thread having a go at him for it.

Yawn

You are nothing if not predictable...

It's harsh me criticising the manager, yet fine that you're having a pop at Balotelli!

*Sigh*

Benarbia said:
Ah so we've moved on from "in a new country, new team mates, new league, new system of play"

Face it, he's a paceless donkey - no shame in that fact
I think you should start a "dezko is shit thread" as this thread is about balo and other posters are getting confused with comments being made

Berkovic_blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mario's face doesn't fit, it's as simple as that.

He is in the public conscious for all the wrong reasons courtesy of a typical Little Englander media slant.

Sure, Mario can be an arse, a petulant one who still has plenty to do to realise his undoubted potential.

He makes the difficult things look easy, you see. That's what frustrates people and creates envy in others.

I will go as far as to say both his red cards this season have been a little harsh.

Last night's dismissal, I saw a high ball, a player in Popov who continued throughout the game to cheat, and a challenge from Mario which albeit reckless, I wholeheartedly believe was without any malice.

The connection with the chest was minimal, the continuining momentum (gravity) resulting in the foot coming down as it did.

Balo left his foot in too long, admittedly, but I'm not so sure the resulting cry of aghast opinion would be so strong if it wasn't the complex character Mario Balotelli?

We've seen it before with Robinho, all the talent in the world, not enough time or patience to nuture it.

John Champion's commentary on ESPN is a prime example, everything prior to the sending off was over emphasised.

From putting on the bib, to missing the easy chance. Remember Robinho turning up for euro trip with trainers on?

Balo attempted an overhead kick v Aris, ESPN's Chris Waddle described it as foolish a dangerous. The irony was not lost upon me.

I hope this can be the making of Mario, the game needs people like him. As fans, we certainly need to show him some patience and love.

If we continue to do that, we can still get it back in spades.

Perhaps England is not for him, perhaps he knows Mancini's own position is up for debate.

What is beyond debate, City fans look after their own.

He is one of us, and the sooner we and he realise it, the time to change opinions where it matters, out on the field, can begin.

A prime example I give is Wayne Rooney.

A pariah for last ten months. A god again, in the blink of a disbelieving eye.

Thank God a post from someone with some sense. Absolutely 100% spot on. There's a witchhunt against Mario and has been since he signed, it's saddening to see how many City fans are so keen to slag him off and call him every name under the sun.

Agreed, although Balotelli clearly needs to calm down and channel his anger into his football a straight comparison shows what he's up against:

Balotelli waves a dismissive hand at an official - yellow card
Rooney stands in front of the ref screaming "you fucking wanker" - arm round the fucking shoulder.

Re: City's job to sort Balo out as well as his own

Of course players will develop as people at City.Any decent business is supposed to help develop staff professionally and personally.

But....unless someone accepts that they need help,and opens themselves up...what do you do?If one person at yur place of work sabotages the efforts of others,constatntly tries to draw attention with negative behaviour...then they would be disciplined,performance managed...then if the behaviour continued...sacked.

It's no different in football.Mancini has been dropping hints for a while that Balotelli needs to start showing more in PL games-I suspect that his patience is now very wearing thin.The boy seems to have personal anger and self-control "issues" that seem above and beyond simply playing football.

Personally,now Johnson is available to give us that pace down the left I would keep Balotelli as a backup player until the end of the season-then move on,wish him all the best and get rid for whatever and to whoever will take the chance on him.

Re: City's job to sort Balo out as well as his own

Sociopathy - new term = Antisocial Personality Disorder. There is a spectrum from mild (most of the population) to extreme (minority)

Common Features: created by poor parenting. Sociopaths develop a lack of remorse, shame and consistently break the rules of their society. This creates a person that lacks empathy and can be quite callous with victims.

Mix it with "Narcisistic tendencies" which are nurtured by unearned and untold riches plus inordinate amounts of attention - the sociopathic characteristics deepen.

Generally, people at the extreme end tend to destroy the society (relationships) around them - they can't help it, it's just the way they are. Prisons and assylums are full of extreme sociopaths because there is no cure. Sad but painfully true.

Mancini's resolve to "help" has to be admired but he is out of his depth.
City is not a psychological treatment centre and Bob is not a psychiatrist.

Sorry ADUG, but your manager needs to exit his most treasured possession or your vision is going tits up very soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.