Balotelli [MERGED]

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

Soulboy said:
SWP's back said:
No, I have always supported Balotelli but I shall criticise when he fucks up. Like he did last night.

I think it is worth criticising someone when they deserve criticising. Mancini has moddy-coddled Balo since the summer and rightly criticised him last night. Just as many managers have done in the past when a player has rightly been sent off and it has affected the team.

You would have started a thread criticising Mancini either way. That is the difference.

Look at the threads last night, before Mancini said that, 99% of city fans were saying "Mancini better drop him for that and fine him" etc etc etc. If he had not had a go at Balo then all of them, without fail would have been calling him weak and stating Balo was Mancini's golden boy.

There's just no need for this thread and so far I count 1 or 2 out of 20 that agree with you.

*double sign with twist and half tuck*

You clearly haven't read the threads from last night!

I came on and was extremely supportive of Mancini last night, I considered him blameless for our defeat. I was actually defending him against those who thought it was his fault!

Mancini did really well last night. But I believe (and it's just an opinion !) that he got it wrong after the game. He should have done what every other top manager does and defend his player.

I too think Balotelli is a dick, but I was saying that for quite some time, not just because of last night.

But irrespective of his behaviour, I still think a manager should back him PUBLICLY.

I gave the example of Rooney behaving even worse at Wigan and how the rags closed ranks. We should learn that lesson...

Oh, and I love you playing the "numbers" game! Only one or two agree so it's a stupid thread.

Now that comment is truly ludicrous! If NO one agrees with me, that's their choice. I am giving MY view... not looking for approval.

You really don't get messageboards do you...

No I am quite the populist.

As for the rags closing ranks on Rooney, they had to, he didn't get sent off and they didn't want the FA to look into further. Ofcourse they were going to say nothing.

Blue Mooner said:
P*ssed off with our holier than thou fans.

Anybody can see there is a witchhunt on Blotelli (probably because he is so talented) and a proportion of our fans see fit to slag him off. It was a 'silly' thing to do rather than a malicious or vicious action. He presented the ref with the perfect opportunity to send him off. Lets face it if he had really meant to hurt him he would have done a far better 'job' on him than that.

There is always something common with a lot of the best players in the world they seem to have a maverick streak.

Look at Beckham with his petulant 'kick' in the World Cup
Rooney consistently undertakes acts of violence on the football pitch (but because its Roomey he gets away with it of course) Who can forget the infamous 'winker' incident in the World Cup ?
Ronaldo with all the antics that he peformed, Cantona with his Karate kick.

The rags put up with it because they want to see the best players in the world in their team irrespective of their imperfections and they've been rewarded with trophy after trophy.

Its time we became winners and put talent over our view of a players personality. He's young and he will learn of that I'm sure and I would rather see him in the Blue shirt of City than letting him go at a cut price to allow another team to reap the benefits of his talents.

If you don't support him as a City player then you're quite simply foolish and you're letting the media and enemies of City win.

When? Where?

I keep reading and hearing from other City fans about how talented he is yet I have yet to see it. He scored a good double away at WBA (then got sent off) and he scored a hat trick at home against an awful Villa side, a hat trick that contained 2 pens and a 1 yard tap in. Other than this what has he actually done in a City shirt that has made you go "wow".

I have seen nothing to suggest anything other than him being a myth! He is young and maybe I am being unfair, maybe he will go on to achieve great things in the game but I am sorry at this moment in time I just dont see it.

One thing is for sure any greatness he does achieve none of it will be at City! Why everyone is blindly defending someone who I would hazard a pretty strong guess doesnt want to be at the club is beyond me. If he is here at the start of next season I will be amazed!

BillyMC said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Balotelli 15 games 10 goals, I can understand why people think he's a liability.

So Captain logic, Tevez is a liability Balotelli is not? Or are they both a liability? Not sure I get your argument.

I never said Tevez was a liability, I said that the past month his goal scoring has been shite and when your striker aint scoring goals and to busy tracking back leaving no options up front you might as well play a 5-3-2-0 formation.

But seeing as Balotelli is doing his job and scoring for fun but gets classed as a liability in the 15 games he's played I guess Tevez is a liability for scoring about 5 goals since new year.

I like both players but if people are going to nit pick every bad flaw of Balotelli's I'm going to nit pick at Tevez's, I even saw a comment slagging off Dzeko and then saying Javier Hernandez has settled in better then him that kind of comment would make Kurt Cobaine wanna shoot himself again.

Johnsonontheleft said:
gio's side step said:
No, it is an extremely poor point. The self deception brigade are out AGAIN. Now finding a way of constructing some hyperreal argument that it wasn't even a red card.

Spot on. Not even Mancini is defending him. Kompany was trying his best to be diplomatic but you could tell he was pissed off. De Jong the same.

Some of these retards defending him are doing so because they are WUMs. They like to defend arseholes for the sake of it. It's politically motivated in some cases.

Takes a idiot to know one..

I've had a sleep on it now and totally regret voicing the wrong opinion. It's our fault as fans that Mario is being treated this way. We haven't backed him enough. He's had a hard upbringing and we should have collectively all surrounded the referee and made him put that nasty red card back in his pocket and allowed Mario to carry on playing.

Apparently Jon Champion of ESPN is the leader of the anti-Mario Establishment. He had the nerve to pick on Mario, like the bully he is, for not being able to put a training bib on properly. No wonder he flipped a switch. He must have seen footage of that in the dressing room, angering him into a vengeance-filled challenge with Popov. Someone should have told Balo that to scythe Popov, all one needs to do is flash him the evils and he'll never walk again for 5 minutes. Too late for that now though.

I think some of the 'vitriol' is unwarranted, but mostly understandable. Sod the 'it was a yellow' argument. The ref was a joke all night and as soon as Balo raised his foot it was obvious he'd walk. We've seen people march for less, especially our lads.

I agree that Balo hasn't exactly had the rub of the green with the majority of decisions against him (WBA was never a red), but he don't half make it difficult for himself. I don't want him carted off. He's obviously got skills and that. I can take the solemn celebrations, the daft antic s with the bib and general mucking about. The thing that pissed me off most last night was that he left his team-mates a bigger challenge. If the ref would have given a yellow (as has been highlighted as the letter of the law on here) then Mancini would have had to take him off anyway. That can't continue... so it needs sorting out or else we'll never see what he could be.

lancs blue said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
Spot on. Not even Mancini is defending him. Kompany was trying his best to be diplomatic but you could tell he was pissed off. De Jong the same.

Some of these retards defending him are doing so because they are WUMs. They like to defend arseholes for the sake of it. It's politically motivated in some cases.

YCMIU

No it's true. Come into off topic, I am just about defend Ghdaffi to try and broker an oil pipeline through Didsbury. (the place not Dave)

Project said:
Stillsy said:
mancini's handling of the media is fucking dreadful!

he also said in his interview that it wouldnt be right for adam johnson to play any part at chelsea........ yet he played last night.

fucking plank.

and as for pato..... the most overated player iv ever seen

Manager in not telling media the truth shock.

it was a pointless lie tho

Blue Mooner said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

Some of us can see 'why' he was sent off but then equally it was nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out. Many of us believe - me included - that had it not been Balotelli it would have just been a booking. You can clearly see he was trying to pull out of the challenge and that their guy made a meal of it. If you can't see that then you're the retarded one.

It wasnt a challenge that was ever going to seriously hurt the player but can anyone deny that it was "typical Balotelli"?

I have never been a fan of Mancini and never will be. Hopefully last night will prove to be the first nail in his coffin. Next we will be out of the top 4 and then we will loose at Wembley and finish with nothing. I just hope the rumors about him being booted at the end of the season are true. I know some fans love him and would argue we are having the best season for many a year, how ever, when you conciser there is 300 million to choose from it ain't that good!!!

Mancini OUT and take that Idiot Balotelli with you!

Mario needs to learn that he has to take responsibility for his actions and for this I fully support the manager. After all Mancini supposedly knows him better than most.
Mancini's comments last night were also a public show to the other players that Mario is not the golden boy and not beyond reproach and that maybe the other players needed to hear it.
BTW why is it Gooney you only come on here when City get beat with your usual little digs? Didn't hear a thing when Barca mullered you or when you did your anual roll over and take it up the arse of the rags.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:12 am --<br /><br />
Chicken Kiev said:
I have never been a fan of Mancini and never will be. Hopefully last night will prove to be the first nail in his coffin. Next we will be out of the top 4 and then we will loose at Wembley and finish with nothing. I just hope the rumors about him being booted at the end of the season are true. I know some fans love him and would argue we are having the best season for many a year, how ever, when you conciser there is 300 million to choose from it ain't that good!!!

Mancini OUT and take that Idiot Balotelli with you!
TAXI for Kiev!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.