Balotelli [MERGED]

OrigamiNinja said:
Blue Mooner said:
P*ssed off with our holier than thou fans.

Anybody can see there is a witchhunt on Blotelli (probably because he is so talented) and a proportion of our fans see fit to slag him off. It was a 'silly' thing to do rather than a malicious or vicious action. He presented the ref with the perfect opportunity to send him off. Lets face it if he had really meant to hurt him he would have done a far better 'job' on him than that.

There is always something common with a lot of the best players in the world they seem to have a maverick streak.

Look at Beckham with his petulant 'kick' in the World Cup
Rooney consistently undertakes acts of violence on the football pitch (but because its Roomey he gets away with it of course) Who can forget the infamous 'winker' incident in the World Cup ?
Ronaldo with all the antics that he peformed, Cantona with his Karate kick.

The rags put up with it because they want to see the best players in the world in their team irrespective of their imperfections and they've been rewarded with trophy after trophy.

Its time we became winners and put talent over our view of a players personality. He's young and he will learn of that I'm sure and I would rather see him in the Blue shirt of City than letting him go at a cut price to allow another team to reap the benefits of his talents.

If you don't support him as a City player then you're quite simply foolish and you're letting the media and enemies of City win.

When? Where?

I keep reading and hearing from other City fans about how talented he is yet I have yet to see it. He scored a good double away at WBA (then got sent off) and he scored a hat trick at home against an awful Villa side, a hat trick that contained 2 pens and a 1 yard tap in. Other than this what has he actually done in a City shirt that has made you go "wow".

I have seen nothing to suggest anything other than him being a myth! He is young and maybe I am being unfair, maybe he will go on to achieve great things in the game but I am sorry at this moment in time I just dont see it.

One thing is for sure any greatness he does achieve none of it will be at City! Why everyone is blindly defending someone who I would hazard a pretty strong guess doesnt want to be at the club is beyond me. If he is here at the start of next season I will be amazed!

Did you see the way he took those penalties? Sheer class.

The finish against Villa, class, created a goal out of nothing when we were struggling against Fulham with a rocket shot, class.

If you'd watched anything on Football Italia you would be as enthused as I am. Balo was getting into the European Champions team at 19 and you don't think he any good !!! Laughable. I think some City fans expect every player to be like Messi beating 3 & 4 players before they think a players any good. I think Balotelli is quality already but he has the potential to get better, but as a finisher, he's not going to dribble past 3 players and score like a Messi or Ronaldo.

The guy is only 20 and he is already showing frightening potential. If you can't see that then literally words fail me.

Re: City's job to sort Balo out as well as his own

Jono76 said:
samharris said:
Yeah fancy the cameras being there the first time Balo ever put on a training bib eh..
Plenty of pics of him over the last few months in training wearing a bib tbh..
Dont tell me you have never put your arm through the wrong sleeve when putting on sommat, i thought it was well funny and thats all but hey,this is Balotelli and hes under the microscope no matter what he does..

I know exactly what you mean Sam - if that had been Kolarov we'd never have heard about it!!

My comment was made in jest - I just had to laugh at the 3 failed attempts to put the first bib on followed by a 'sod that I'm not wearing this' and then having to be helped in to it .................. and then going through it all again with a 2nd bib!!!!!

As much as I think he's a bit of an idiot no-one can argue that Mario Balotelli isn't entertaining - now where did I put my Balotelli hat??

Those bibs are an absolute nightmare tbh..

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

SWP's back said:
Stillsy said:
mancini's handling of the media is fucking dreadful!

he also said in his interview that it wouldnt be right for adam johnson to play any part at chelsea........ yet he played last night.

fucking plank.

and as for pato..... the most overated player iv ever seen

Oh my fucking God!

Another poster has just criticised Mancini for telling the press too much about squad selection (ie Balo will be dropped), yet Mancini keeps Kiev guessing and that makes him a plank!!!!!

FFS Rednose had been doing it for years, hell the last Derby at COMS he stated that he had 11 players out due to a flu bug. They all played 48 hours later.

oh yeah well that was a masterplan ey mancini!

fucking hell its not like were trying to keep them guessing about silva or tevez its johnson ffs who is normally a bench player anyway.

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

Stillsy said:
SWP's back said:
Oh my fucking God!

Another poster has just criticised Mancini for telling the press too much about squad selection (ie Balo will be dropped), yet Mancini keeps Kiev guessing and that makes him a plank!!!!!

FFS Rednose had been doing it for years, hell the last Derby at COMS he stated that he had 11 players out due to a flu bug. They all played 48 hours later.

oh yeah well that was a masterplan ey mancini!

fucking hell its not like were trying to keep them guessing about silva or tevez its johnson ffs who is normally a bench player anyway.

whatever, you would criticise.

No need for the fucking plank though was there.

You didn't understand why it was done, Now you have been told.

Re: City's job to sort Balo out as well as his own

RBmk2 said:
Of course players will develop as people at City.Any decent business is supposed to help develop staff professionally and personally.

But....unless someone accepts that they need help,and opens themselves up...what do you do?If one person at yur place of work sabotages the efforts of others,constatntly tries to draw attention with negative behaviour...then they would be disciplined,performance managed...then if the behaviour continued...sacked.

It's no different in football.Mancini has been dropping hints for a while that Balotelli needs to start showing more in PL games-I suspect that his patience is now very wearing thin.The boy seems to have personal anger and self-control "issues" that seem above and beyond simply playing football.

Personally,now Johnson is available to give us that pace down the left I would keep Balotelli as a backup player until the end of the season-then move on,wish him all the best and get rid for whatever and to whoever will take the chance on him.

Right, well, this should be the first step then. Let's discipline him, outline exactly what needs to happen ongoing. As I've said making sure San Carlo take him his tea every night isn't what is needed, he needs telling like a school kid the expectations of the club and that he must follow these things, almost, to the letter!

I've often thought players should be performance managed, instead they can cause a whole football club to demise, the players are sold yet the club can suffer years of troubles while the players earn shit loads of money doing nothing at other clubs. Footballers seem to be these untouchable beings who are never at fault!

But getting rid of him is not the answer, City will have failed. City have a duty to make this lad something. We took him away from the European champions and he's the young Balon d'or winner, if we let him go we have failed. We need to do our job properly as well as him. Think of my OP - C.Ronaldo, Rooney and Gerrard are prime examples!

samharris said:
gio's side step said:
No, it is an extremely poor point. The self deception brigade are out AGAIN. Now finding a way of constructing some hyperreal argument that it wasn't even a red card.

Not poor at all, some refs would have given yellow for that, but we all know what a shit coward of a ref we had last night,theres no denying he was poor..

The Rooney elbow was a red..not given,
The carragher challenge on nani was a red...not given,
The Rafael challenge(in the same game) was a red...not given.

( please give me your views as to why these above challenges were not given)

So why is my assumption that Balo's red shouldnt have been red a poor point..?? Like i said a different ref would have given yellow..

The Rooney, Carragher, and Rafael have no bearing on whether Balotelli should have been sent off last night, so it's completely illogical to bring them into this discussion. That is for elsewhere. The way I judge it is this. Some tackles are malicious, some are reckless, some are violent, some are mistimed. Equally, some are done with brute force, and some are cowardly. Balotelli is a coward. And last night was malicious, but in a cowardly way. It wasn't the same type of maliciousness as in a player clearly elbowing someone, nor was it reckless in the sense of a player leaving the ground with two feet. But it was, in it's particular context, malicious, because he did leave his foot in, and actually, when you watch the clip, you will see goes beyond just running his studs down the player, he actually at the end, moves his foot forward to put further pressure on Popov's thigh. He knew what he was doing. It was extremely cowardly. Unfortunately, he has fooled some of you lot too.

However, I agree, the referee was very poor overall.

Skashion said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
Total nonsense. Your attempt to defend the indefensible is nothing short of laughable.
Balotelli is better on the left and Johnson is better on the right. You need to get over it.

And the poster you quote is normally so right wing, you could get him off there with a crow bar

Johnsonontheleft said:
gio's side step said:
No, it is an extremely poor point. The self deception brigade are out AGAIN. Now finding a way of constructing some hyperreal argument that it wasn't even a red card.

Spot on. Not even Mancini is defending him. Kompany was trying his best to be diplomatic but you could tell he was pissed off. De Jong the same.

Some of these retards defending him are doing so because they are WUMs. They like to defend arseholes for the sake of it. It's politically motivated in some cases.

You are a complete utter fucking plank if someone does not agree with you it means there a idiot does it?

BTW your username is retardish as everyone can see Johnson is better on the right.

Re: The Mario Balotelli Appreciation Thread.

Project said:
Well, bluemoon has diagnosed him as a sociopath. Seen it all now.

Shouldnt worry about it too much bud, typical bluemoon..

Classic Benny Hill sketch shows benny as a signwriter painting on a door..
Should have written Therapist, but wrote The rapist..
confusion is just that.. confusion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.