Balotelli [MERGED]

samharris said:
VOOMER said:
Rooney did something far worse and with real bad intent, Mario did something stupid . One an established name and full time rag got nothing, the other some young player making a name for himself got punished. Rashness aside, this is just another example of football bollocks. So, get of the kids back, we we're 2 goals down from the first leg because of some crap defending and as for the miss, how many goals has Torres got for Chelsea so far? This witch hunt is typical of city fans, who always seem to need to have a City player that they can pick on.

Example; If Rooney would have been sent off for the same challenge in a European game as what Balo did last night would Fergiescum drop Rooney for the next game against Chelsea??
Course he wouldnt..Thats why i think balo should play on sunday.

Totally agree

SWP's back said:
Ash said:
Early in the game, 110 was singing his name, 20 mins later, they were singing fuck off back to italy. make your mind up lads! :)

No they weren't.
I was on 111 aisle and didn't hear 'fuck off back to Italy'. Plenty of people were pissed off with him and heard mutterings like that after the sending off but I didn't hear anyone sing it.

OrigamiNinja said:
Blue Mooner said:
Did you see the way he took those penalties? Sheer class.

The finish against Villa, class, created a goal out of nothing when we were struggling against Fulham with a rocket shot, class.

If you'd watched anything on Football Italia you would be as enthused as I am. Balo was getting into the European Champions team at 19 and you don't think he any good !!! Laughable. I think some City fans expect every player to be like Messi beating 3 & 4 players before they think a players any good. I think Balotelli is quality already but he has the potential to get better, but as a finisher, he's not going to dribble past 3 players and score like a Messi or Ronaldo.

The guy is only 20 and he is already showing frightening potential. If you can't see that then literally words fail me.

I am not going to get in any arguements over someone who takes a "class" penalty. Anyone should score from the spot especially a professional footballer.

The finish against Villa was 1 yard out with an open net, pretty much like the one he missed last night......class!

Granted his goal against Fulham was out of the top drawer.

As for the rest of your argument I will concede that I saw very little of him playing in Italy and sure enough he may have looked World Class over there. Guess what???? I simply dont care, I dont give two turds how he looked playing in Italy, I am only interested in how he looks in a City shirt and in a City shirt he looks disinterested, petulant and quite frankly......no good! I am seeing none of this so called "frightening" potential and even if I was seeing it I would be wise enough to understand that if he ever fulfils this potential it wont be in a City shirt so whats the point in eulagising over him?

The guy is an idiot, if he was playing top class football week in week out I would go with the argument that at least he is "our idiot" but he isnt so he is just an idiot!

Well firstly the Villa goal I was referring too was in the cup when the ball came over his shoulder and he put it perfectly into the top corner.

With regard to the penalties, I agree with you, but the point your missing was that the 'way' he took those was a class apart, watch them again.

No good !! Really!!? Well if a ballon d'or player who plays for the European Champions at 19 is not good enough for MCFC then I really do despair.

Frankly I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, but to write him off just because you don't happen to like some of his misdemeanours is defeatist nonsense. Are you saying the lad can't change. I sawa ptulant Beckham and Ronaldo who have all matured into fantastic players.

The flashes of great stuff I have seen in a CITY shirt are wnough to convince me that we absolutely MUST stick with this guy and see through his potential because ultimately we the fans and MCFC will be the winners.

If you honestly think we should write off £20million because of a couple of red cards then you really have got your head in the clouds.
Lets not forget FFP comes in from next season so what do we replace him with ? Because there certainly aint gonna be £20 million available to buy a replacement.

'Getting rid' as many have stated on here is the policy of the madhouse and is one of the many reasons why we have continually failed as a football club.

hgblue said:
samharris said:
Example; If Rooney would have been sent off for the same challenge in a European game as what Balo did last night would Fergiescum drop Rooney for the next game against Chelsea??
Course he wouldnt..Thats why i think balo should play on sunday.

That's fine, but it's not your job on the line if he gets sent off again. Mancini needs to think long and hard about this one. Personally, I'd have him nowhere near the squad, never mind the team, until I was 100% convinced that he'd learnt his lesson.

And what lessons that? To have a senior person on the epl and fa panel influencing refs to tread lightly. Shit, I remember Kinky ko someone years ago, he made a daft tackle, he didn't chin someone, or elbow them in the face. If Mario was on the piss ruining his career and fucking us over by not being fit then yes, I would have concerns, but all that has happened here is he got what Rooney should have got. Typical City, is dwell and blame, however, this forum is the palce to get it out, not the next match he plays. So dude, keep posting because you are doing the right thing by posting you're thoughts here. With time, you will be cheering him on in his next match.

Blue Mooner said:
OrigamiNinja said:
I am not going to get in any arguements over someone who takes a "class" penalty. Anyone should score from the spot especially a professional footballer.

The finish against Villa was 1 yard out with an open net, pretty much like the one he missed last night......class!

Granted his goal against Fulham was out of the top drawer.

As for the rest of your argument I will concede that I saw very little of him playing in Italy and sure enough he may have looked World Class over there. Guess what???? I simply dont care, I dont give two turds how he looked playing in Italy, I am only interested in how he looks in a City shirt and in a City shirt he looks disinterested, petulant and quite frankly......no good! I am seeing none of this so called "frightening" potential and even if I was seeing it I would be wise enough to understand that if he ever fulfils this potential it wont be in a City shirt so whats the point in eulagising over him?

The guy is an idiot, if he was playing top class football week in week out I would go with the argument that at least he is "our idiot" but he isnt so he is just an idiot!

Well firstly the Villa goal I was referring too was in the cup when the ball came over his shoulder and he put it perfectly into the top corner.

With regard to the penalties, I agree with you, but the point your missing was that the 'way' he took those was a class apart, watch them again.

No good !! Really!!? Well if a ballon d'or player who plays for the European Champions at 19 is not good enough for MCFC then I really do despair.

Frankly I don't think we have seen the best of him yet, but to write him off just because you don't happen to like some of his misdemeanours is defeatist nonsense. Are you saying the lad can't change. I sawa ptulant Beckham and Ronaldo who have all matured into fantastic players.

The flashes of great stuff I have seen in a CITY shirt are wnough to convince me that we absolutely MUST stick with this guy and see through his potential because ultimately we the fans and MCFC will be the winners.

If you honestly think we should write off £20million because of a couple of red cards then you really have got your head in the clouds.
Lets not forget FFP comes in from next season so what do we replace him with ? Because there certainly aint gonna be £20 million available to buy a replacement.

'Getting rid' as many have stated on here is the policy of the madhouse and is one of the many reasons why we have continually failed as a football club.

Take a bow son...well said..lets think of Manchester City football club and not our own heat of the moment hissy fits.

Re: Mancini and Balotelli

SWP's back said:
Soulboy said:
You clearly haven't read the threads from last night!

I came on and was extremely supportive of Mancini last night, I considered him blameless for our defeat. I was actually defending him against those who thought it was his fault!

Mancini did really well last night. But I believe (and it's just an opinion !) that he got it wrong after the game. He should have done what every other top manager does and defend his player.

I too think Balotelli is a dick, but I was saying that for quite some time, not just because of last night.

But irrespective of his behaviour, I still think a manager should back him PUBLICLY.

I gave the example of Rooney behaving even worse at Wigan and how the rags closed ranks. We should learn that lesson...

Oh, and I love you playing the "numbers" game! Only one or two agree so it's a stupid thread.

Now that comment is truly ludicrous! If NO one agrees with me, that's their choice. I am giving MY view... not looking for approval.

You really don't get messageboards do you...

No I am quite the populist.

As for the rags closing ranks on Rooney, they had to, he didn't get sent off and they didn't want the FA to look into further. Ofcourse they were going to say nothing.

You certainly are the populist.

Any rolling bandwagon and you're on it in a flash to agree with it!

I fully expect you to change your mind on Balotelli any time soon, and I even suspect that come the next few weeks you might change your mind on other strongly held opinions!

;-))

The problem with Balo is obvious.

I think most people want to have patience with him, understand his temperamental nature, inconsistent performances. Anyone can see he has amazing ability and potential, worth persevering with.

The problem is i don't think many people believe he's going to be here very long.

It's a totally legitimate view point, why should we put up with all his petulance and ill-discipline, which is harming our season right now, if we're not going to reap the benefits of our investment for seasons to come?

SWP's back said:
Ash said:
Well you might not have, but the lot round me chanted both!

What row? I certainly didn't hear it. You stated it as if if was the block en masse.

Theres a guy, two or three rows behind me and i'm on Row M in Block 110 who hates Mancini, Barry, Yaya and Balo and slags them off constantly throughout the game

i simply fail to see how some fans can back this prick up,hes a loose cannon,a fecking nutjob,who simply has contributed in putting us out of europe,yes we lost over there 2 0,but with 11 men on the pitch last night we had every chance in turning that over,until this barmpot gets sent off,jose is not often wrong,get rid of this empty head now!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.