Balotelli (Merged)

bluevengence said:
Graham Poll (is a fooking arsehole) on talkshit earlier..."I reffed Speedo over 40 times and he was the consummate professional...well Balotelli takes to the field with that silly bloody hair"..."Wheater was also sent off
and is a honest pro and went straight down the tunne"

What a utter ****...Mario never stood a chance of staying on the pitch if thats how these men in black are thinking

and that is an important point for Mario to learn and understand, whether we like it or not, Mario will have to deal with that & be careful not to give these people the opportunity to punish him for things others would get away with. It's wrong but it's how it is. If some City fans can see he's in a bit of a mood & behaving strangely when he comes on, a ref, who may be a total tosser like Poll, will also see it & be on the lookout to catch him. If he plays into their hands he is stupid.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
bluevengence said:
Graham Poll (is a fooking arsehole) on talkshit earlier..."I reffed Speedo over 40 times and he was the consummate professional...well Balotelli takes to the field with that silly bloody hair"..."Wheater was also sent off
and is a honest pro and went straight down the tunne"

What a utter ****...Mario never stood a chance of staying on the pitch if thats how these men in black are thinking

and that is an important point for Mario to learn and understand, whether we like it or not, Mario will have to deal with that & be careful not to give these people the opportunity to punish him for things others would get away with. It's wrong but it's how it is. If some City fans can see he's in a bit of a mood & behaving strangely when he comes on, a ref, who may be a total tosser like Poll, will also see it & be on the lookout to catch him. If he plays into their hands he is stupid.

The problem is if the ref has this sort of attitude, it only takes 2 innocuous challenges...

As I've just said on another thread, yellows cannot be appealed so you stand
no chance...

If you already have a (deserved) reputation and - unless you are completely fuckin' stupid - know that ref's are looking out for you, then you go on to the pitch with 'look at me' hair, attracting even more attention to yourself, then do 2 stupid fouls - the first completely unnecessary - at Anfield of all places - giving the ref the opportunity to give you 2 yellow cards, you just have to take it on the chin and fuck off back down the tunnel.
It doesn't matter that the 2nd one was harsh - that many a player wouldn't have got a yellow, and may not even have had a foul given against them; the fact is that this is how it's going to be for Mario until he stops everything which makes him such a maverick. Until then, he will continue to be an occasional liability. Some would say a complete liability. Can a top team be a top team with someone like that in the squad?
Moan about Atkinson as much as you want but Mario played right into the opposition's hands, and made it too, too easy for Atkinson to keep the home team and fans happy. We can't complain about the sending off imho - it was to be expected after that first stupid yellow. I wonder if Mario will ever learn.

the blue panther said:
If you already have a (deserved) reputation and - unless you are completely fuckin' stupid - know that ref's are looking out for you, then you go on to the pitch with 'look at me' hair, attracting even more attention to yourself, then do 2 stupid fouls - the first completely unnecessary - at Anfield of all places - giving the ref the opportunity to give you 2 yellow cards, you just have to take it on the chin and fuck off back down the tunnel.
It doesn't matter that the 2nd one was harsh - that many a player wouldn't have got a yellow, and may not even have had a foul given against them; the fact is that this is how it's going to be for Mario until he stops everything which makes him such a maverick. Until then, he will continue to be an occasional liability. Some would say a complete liability. Can a top team be a top team with someone like that in the squad?
Moan about Atkinson as much as you want but Mario played right into the opposition's hands, and made it too, too easy for Atkinson to keep the home team and fans happy. We can't complain about the sending off imho - it was to be expected after that first stupid yellow. I wonder if Mario will ever learn.

In that case you'd be in fear of a second yellow for every single challenge you made. I think the 'many a player wouldn't of even had a foul given' indicates
that it's hard to judge what you will/wont get a booking for. We might as well
give up and go home ;-)

Re: Is Balotelli being targeted because of racism?

DTeacher said:
n reddish blue said:
didactic said:
In ways yes because even if you listen to the Sky commentary after the game they spent the entire time discussing Mario and had the nerve to say "he is useless to any team he plays for." The hatred for him is based on the fear of "the big black guy". He does what he wants he is supremely talented and does not apologise for it.

For the first time in my life I heard a paid pundit say he hates a player. Jamie Redknapp said "I hate Mario Balotelli ." Have you ever heard that before?. I mean why hate a 20 year old who you have never met?. What is it about him that winds people up the wrong way so much. Its not like anything he has done is so bad he actually does not deserve half the flack but yes he is black and it is how it is. As a fellow big, tall black guy who is told every day that I am intimidating just because I am speaking I understand.

If Mario was Henry Crompton from Derby he would be hailed as one of the best footballers to ever be born in this country.

totally agree mate well said

In that case you'd be in fear of a second yellow for every single challenge you made. I think the 'many a player wouldn't of even had a foul given' indicates
that it's hard to judge what you will/wont get a booking for. We might as well
give up and go home ;-)[/quote]

That's right - that's exactly what I'm saying; he should be in fear of a second yellow for every single challenge - that's how it's going to be for Mario for a very, very long time to come. he is NEVER to be given the benefit of the doubt, especially at an away ground. The sooner he gets that into his head, the better, otherwise, he might as well give up and go home.

The other week I watched wing commander Parker for spurs do six straight fouls in the space of 15 mins against qpr, Tyler said what a competitor, not a single word from the referee, then was proclaimed man of the match! If I was in charge I would be looking into what is fast becoming a discriminatory attitude to one of our players,

Having seen the 2nd yellow card incident again yes it was harsh but the stupidity, laziness and arrogance of Mario got him booked for the 1st incident that made him have to walk a tightrope for getting done again. You could see a mile off that he was going to get nowhere near Johnson (I think) and so just stupidly pushed him over because he couldn't be arsed to track back further or put more of a sprint on to catch up with him.

I agree 100% with Souness he couldn't be ARSED yesterday, you could tell the minute he walked on the pitch.

I'm sorry but the negatives outweigh the positives with Mario and how can we ever ultimately trust him?

When i saw it was mario coming on, i shit myself! I said (out loud) that it was the wrong time for his introduction. There were a few late tackles flying about, and suarez was falling over, every time someone came within three feet of him.

The tackle that bastard pikey made on vinnie from behind, didn't even get him spoken too. With hindsight, i'd rather mario got sent off, for crippling him!

BLUEMATT23 said:
Having seen the 2nd yellow card incident again yes it was harsh but the stupidity, laziness and arrogance of Mario got him booked for the 1st incident that made him have to walk a tightrope for getting done again. You could see a mile off that he was going to get nowhere near Johnson (I think) and so just stupidly pushed him over because he couldn't be arsed to track back further or put more of a sprint on to catch up with him.

I agree 100% with Souness he couldn't be ARSED yesterday, you could tell the minute he walked on the pitch.

I'm sorry but the negatives outweigh the positives with Mario and how can we ever ultimately trust him?

We can trust s/f last season and at the scum this year where he was MOTM! I just think in big games like this coming of the bench it seems his composure goes out the window much better starting games like these..I would had Dzeko on for Nasri and saved Balotelli for A start at Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.