Balotelli,Time to cash in?

cookster said:
royle said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
FFS is this thread still going. The OP is a troll..what was his synopsis .. Scott Parker is a better play than Nigel De Jong because Holland were shit in the Euros

The amount of people on here calling troll just because a question has been asked that appears to be bluemoon blasphemy in light of Mario scoring two goals against Germany.

The question is a valid one.

Mario was sent off twice in his first season and 3 times last season,missing many games as a result.

I am not saying he will repeat this again next season,but he might,there is no evidence to suggest he won't and if he does it could cost us either in the league or the cups.

Mario wasn't trusted when it mattered at the tail end of the season,Mancini preferring instead a not fully fit Tevez who went awol for half the season.

Mario isn't fully trusted by the Italian Manager either as he has only completed one full game in the tournament so far.

There are no guarantees he will become a world beater,he has potential that is all,becoming one of the best players in the world is about more than skill,it is about desire and application,does Mario have that?

My opinion is that i would keep him for another season,but if he has another season like last getting sent off numerous times and missing numerous games his value would drop. In these days of FFP money does matter,it is great being the richest club in the world but we have to now live within our means.

So the question should we cash in now,is a fair one.

Good post. Some peeps on here are akin to religious nutjobs when it comes to Balotelli.
Fair point. Mario does tend to attract a disproportionately fervent backing from a sizeable amount of BM'ers, given his importance to the team. Yes, he is a fantastic player and has the potential to become something very special (not there yet). No question about it. But there are others in the side who I would be more upset about if they were sold; Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Merlin and Aguero spring to mind immediately. Ideally, we would keep Mario as it adds to the strength of the squad and, seeing as Bob likes him, my guess is that he will stay for now. But if we were to receive a daft (as in daft high) offer, it would be a difficult decision to make, whether to accept it.

OK I will go along with this (never happen IMO until Mancini goes). How much do you all think he is worth, forget how much we paid for him something like 25m. Which club is going to pay 30m for him? If he scores in the final and gets golden boot you can ad another 10m on that. Most Italian clubs have not got a pot to piss in. He won't go to RM because of the manager there, and Barca have Messi so that knocks that on the head. There is no cashing in with Mario (not that I want to I love the guy). When Mancini leaves Mario will go and not before and we will be lucky to get what we paid for him.

jimharri said:
cookster said:
royle said:
The amount of people on here calling troll just because a question has been asked that appears to be bluemoon blasphemy in light of Mario scoring two goals against Germany.

The question is a valid one.

Mario was sent off twice in his first season and 3 times last season,missing many games as a result.

I am not saying he will repeat this again next season,but he might,there is no evidence to suggest he won't and if he does it could cost us either in the league or the cups.

Mario wasn't trusted when it mattered at the tail end of the season,Mancini preferring instead a not fully fit Tevez who went awol for half the season.

Mario isn't fully trusted by the Italian Manager either as he has only completed one full game in the tournament so far.

There are no guarantees he will become a world beater,he has potential that is all,becoming one of the best players in the world is about more than skill,it is about desire and application,does Mario have that?

My opinion is that i would keep him for another season,but if he has another season like last getting sent off numerous times and missing numerous games his value would drop. In these days of FFP money does matter,it is great being the richest club in the world but we have to now live within our means.

So the question should we cash in now,is a fair one.

Good post. Some peeps on here are akin to religious nutjobs when it comes to Balotelli.
Fair point. Mario does tend to attract a disproportionately fervent backing from a sizeable amount of BM'ers, given his importance to the team. Yes, he is a fantastic player and has the potential to become something very special (not there yet). No question about it. But there are others in the side who I would be more upset about if they were sold; Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Merlin and Aguero spring to mind immediately. Ideally, we would keep Mario as it adds to the strength of the squad and, seeing as Bob likes him, my guess is that he will stay for now. But if we were to receive a daft (as in daft high) offer, it would be a difficult decision to make, whether to accept it.

Reminds me of another scenario.. Rooney took the Euro 2004 by storm Everton sold him for £30 million His value now to the scum is £60 mill+..

Yes lets sell Balo now to a team that in 2 years could sell him for twice as much...

He has proved himself so far in the Euros...His name will be on many more shirts worldwide than we could ever imagine..

This lad is class, selling him now would make no sense, he is only 21 and will surely develop hugely as a player and as a person - what he has achieved by the age of 21 is amazing (shearer is a knob). The only club who would buy him and who he would want to go to is AC Milan, and they are twats to deal with on transfers. Stay where you are Mario, where you are loved by 80%+ of the fans, and where you will grow into an utter legend (in my opinion)

BringBackSwales said:
This lad is class, selling him now would make no sense, he is only 21 and will surely develop hugely as a player and as a person - what he has achieved by the age of 21 is amazing (shearer is a knob). The only club who would buy him and who he would want to go to is AC Milan, and they are twats to deal with on transfers. Stay where you are Mario, where you are loved by 80%+ of the fans, and where you will grow into an utter legend (in my opinion)

Totally agree, madness to sell him. He has the potential to be the best player on the planet

Cash in? I bet any other fans looking at Bluemoon are laughing at this thread...

Best case senario - He stays has a great impact on the season, we get to see the development of a fantastic young player with OUR club and we win a few trophies possibly Champs league inclusive.

Value if sold - £40m+

Worst case senario - He has a season as bad as this one, gets sent off 3 times, scores 17 goals in 32 games. Whilst he is banned we resort to calling on Tevez/Dzeko or RVP(you never know!) as his inferior replacement.

Value if sold - £25m+

Balotelli will not lose his value over the course of one season and in any case Mancini has said he is going nowhere, Balotelli has said he is going nowhere.. The majority of fans love him for what he is and what he can become, I'm sure the owners are extremely happy with him.

Cash in? Get f**ked...he's going nowhere

Oohvonkyvonky said:
Cash in? I bet any other fans looking at Bluemoon are laughing at this thread...

Best case senario - He stays has a great impact on the season, we get to see the development of a fantastic young player with OUR club and we win a few trophies possibly Champs league inclusive.

Value if sold - £40m+

Worst case senario - He has a season as bad as this one, gets sent off 3 times, scores 17 goals in 32 games. Whilst he is banned we resort to calling on Tevez/Dzeko or RVP(you never know!) as his inferior replacement.

Value if sold - £25m+

Balotelli will not lose his value over the course of one season and in any case Mancini has said he is going nowhere, Balotelli has said he is going nowhere.. The majority of fans love him for what he is and what he can become, I'm sure the owners are extremely happy with him.

Cash in? Get f**ked...he's going nowhere

don't waste your time mate. the haters will still mask their hating under the possible difference between 40M and 25M

Some fans see the potential and some fans see the petulism.At the end of the day its down to Bob Manc.

He sees the potential. :)

cookster said:
Comedy, you're the nutjob whose mind has warped reality to pretend Balotelli started against Spurs, that he didn't come on after Spurs scored their goals, and didn't win and then score a penalty. You have no credibility when it comes to Balotelli. Zero. None. Zilch. You hate him so much that your mind performs mental gymnastics to make reality fit your conclusions.

Skashion said:
cookster said:
Comedy, you're the nutjob whose mind has warped reality to pretend Balotelli started against Spurs, that he didn't come on after Spurs scored their goals, and didn't win and then score a penalty. You have no credibility when it comes to Balotelli. Zero. None. Zilch. You hate him so much that your mind performs mental gymnastics to make reality fit your conclusions.

Then theres one of the most famous pieces of football commentary ever regarding City...

"Aguero....BALOTELLI....AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

Some chap named Martin Tyler so I'm told..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.