Banksy

But some art is pleasing to look at, it would be interesting to find out who decided the graffiti artist was worthy of merit and put his spray painted abominations on a pedestal.

Banksy isn’t world famous with his images identifiable by billions of people worldwide because the paintings aren’t pleasing to look at.

You seem to be confusing your personal taste in art with objective value.

Some do some don’t.
It’s not like you to speak for a whole multitude of different groups of individuals.
Art is no different to music. People like what they like and don’t what they don’t.

I‘m sure lots of music memorabilia has been bought as an investment, rather than them loving the beauty of Jimi Hendrix’s plectrum.

Mexico doesn’t like Banksy, so he has to tell us repeatedly that he doesn’t like him whilst gently insulting him.

Banksy isn’t world famous with his images identifiable by billions of people worldwide because the paintings aren’t pleasing to look at.

You seem to be confusing your personal taste in art with objective value.

I'll get my stencils out and damage a bus shelter there's coin in it.

Some do some don’t.
It’s not like you to speak for a whole multitude of different groups of individuals.

All I said is that he's a vandal, you'd be arrested for doing what he does. In the egalitarian world of the society we live in do you think that's fair?

Reactions: PPT
you don't know what you are talking about.
as usual you are arguing for the sake of argument.
you are one of those people who know a little bit about a lot of things.
i don't like you.
Is Banksy trying to be a pioneer of art, or merely be an artist?

You don’t have to push the envelope to become a prominent artist, just appeal to enough people.

Of course it is, at the high end it's actually called investing in art.

I am not knocking artists, just those that break the law and get away with it mate.
is that a bit like
Investing in property
Investing in cars
Investing in watches
Investing in stocks and shares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.