Banned from Glory Glory

We were never funded by a Sugar Daddy. This level of investment can only be compared to Abramovic. Anyway the Champions League and TV has created this monster in which the only way to remain competitive it would seem or to make the jump into the top four would be a significant investment like you've had.

I personally don't blame City. I don't hold any hatred for you guys nor Chelsea for that matter. It's no longer a level playing field and to be honest it hasn't been since the creation of the Champions League where the cash rewards are so big.[/quote]

i agree with you as far as the champions league and T.V money causing the problems of modern day football. Lets face it the champions league should be re-named because it doesn't just feature the champions and Sky have caused clubs to borrow against future T.V revenues causing alot of clubs to get in the shit.

And any fans who believe the FFPR will help stop city and aid their own clubs are deluded. These rules are only going to stop other clubs getting a rich owner and keep the big clubs big. We are ok because the foundations have been laid. Not just with the playing staff but also the infrastructure of the club.

And please stop confusing history with success. We are over 100 years old and have many records both good and bad we have stories of glory and defeat that is history. We are not as successful as alot of teams we know this, but the future is bright and the bluemoon is rising.

Bluemoon115 said:
Mëtal Bikër said:
Mentioning "Bin Laden" is the same as the Nazi's comparison. When used in conversation, you've effectively strayed so far from the point of discussion that you've effectively lost whatever point you were trying to make.
Some might say he's scored an own goal.
An own goal like this one you mean? ;P
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11mLticjLM[/youtube]

law74 said:
It is well known that the "Premier"league was founded urely out of greed with the "big" clubs (like at that time spurs, everton, rags, liverpool and arse) demanding that they be given more of the TV revenue or they would break away.
The FA to their eternal shame and damnation decided to try and keep them in the "football family" and gave the world the FAPL, since then we have seen the bosman ruling which means that players can hold clubs to ransom and UEFA changing the goalposts to help the rich clubs get even richer by scrapping the Cup Winner Cup, changing the European Cup to the champions and other invited guests league (for more TV and advertising revenue), and even changing the UEFA cup to a league basis, all in the chase of a few extra £'s for the rich clubs.
That has opened the doors for investors to "buy" with borrowed money some of the most "marketable trade marks" in what was once a game and price far too many out of attending.

Spurs have far too many fingerprints over the start of this process to start finger pointing when they (yet again) come off second best to the beast that they helped create.

I like it.

I've done nothing but take it on the chin, all my posts have been congratulating you. I've had a lot decent conversations with good knowledgable city fans. I take it for what it is, banter.

The situation is what it is, no level of fans screaming it's not fair will change that. We just have to deal with it. We've spent a lot of money of course, we've hardly been poor. The clubs wage limit has ensured we remain a sustainable limit run within our means. Anyway that doesn't matter as we are just revisiting old ground. Other fans will continue to moan, you guys will continue to say who cares.

I think right now we're still more than a match for you.<br /><br />-- Thu May 12, 2011 6:34 pm --<br /><br />
Bilboblue said:
law74 said:
It is well known that the "Premier"league was founded urely out of greed with the "big" clubs (like at that time spurs, everton, rags, liverpool and arse) demanding that they be given more of the TV revenue or they would break away.
The FA to their eternal shame and damnation decided to try and keep them in the "football family" and gave the world the FAPL, since then we have seen the bosman ruling which means that players can hold clubs to ransom and UEFA changing the goalposts to help the rich clubs get even richer by scrapping the Cup Winner Cup, changing the European Cup to the champions and other invited guests league (for more TV and advertising revenue), and even changing the UEFA cup to a league basis, all in the chase of a few extra £'s for the rich clubs.
That has opened the doors for investors to "buy" with borrowed money some of the most "marketable trade marks" in what was once a game and price far too many out of attending.

Spurs have far too many fingerprints over the start of this process to start finger pointing when they (yet again) come off second best to the beast that they helped create.

I like it.

Have you any proof of this other than you all agreeing?

spurs4life said:
I've done nothing but take it on the chin, all my posts have been congratulating you. I've had a lot decent conversations with good knowledgable city fans. I take it for what it is, banter.

The situation is what it is, no level of fans screaming it's not fair will change that. We just have to deal with it. We've spent a lot of money of course, we've hardly been poor. The clubs wage limit has ensured we remain a sustainable limit run within our means. Anyway that doesn't matter as we are just revisiting old ground. Other fans will continue to moan, you guys will continue to say who cares.

I think right now we're still more than a match for you.

So are we, it just so happens that our idea of sustainability is different by about 700 billion quid.

Damocles said:
spurs4life said:

So are we, it just so happens that our idea of sustainability is different by about 700 billion quid.
And you finish 3/4 still

Soulboy said:
Isn't it funny that before the Sheik took over at City, the previous 20 years Spurs have had more money than us... and spent more in the transfer market by a long way!

Yet I never heard City fans bleating about it "not being fair".

That's the way of the world. We had to eat shit while the Big 5 (Yeah, remember when you, the rags, Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool) carved up the TV money and gate money to suit yourselves?

Did you think that was "fair"?

Or did you not give a shit because you were getting the benefits of it?

Well... welcome to our world now!

Someone should post that on a Spurs forum. What the fuck can they say to any of that?

Brilliant!! :-)

spurs4life said:
Damocles said:
spurs4life said:

And you finish 3/4 still

Two season ago we finished tenth. It's progress, usually at the expense of our rivals.

spurs4life said:
Damocles said:
spurs4life said:

And you finish 3/4 still

Bummer innit..oh well,if we qualify for the CL we will get players in more big sponsorship deals and better pies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.