banned from the ground for smoking can..... update update!!

Dick Turnip said:
how hard is it not to smoke for 90 minutes? same goes for complaining about food and beer prices.eat before or after you go if you're so concerned about money.

simples
win2.jpg

nomadic said:
Not going to read nine pages of replies, so hopefully i'm not repeating whats already been said.

Our kid got hoofed for smoking in the toilets, he said he wasnt, he has done before, i believe him if he said he wasnt, but maybe what goes around etc.

Anyway, they took his card off him on the day, he then got a letter telling him to explain his actions. He did and regardless of what he wrote, he gets a three game ban. The club will not consider what action to take (although by the looks of it, the decision is already made) until they receive the letter. So if you dont want an extended ban, write straight away.

After three games, they post your card back to you.

They do not re sell your ticket/seat to anyone else.

They pull the smokers about by having plain clothes spotters who then walk up to a smoker and dob him/her in to the security guards, so you may be on your way out, with no ciggy in hand when you are stopped.

I've said this before but I'll say it again. My son smokes and he runs the gaunlet every game, I have warned him and he knows the risks. However his dad (me) doesn't smoke so I make sure I have his season card plus I also make sure he has my car keys just in case he gets thrown out. I know it's only a matter of time before he gets caught, and like all the other smokers on here who flaunt the rules, he's a wanker, and deserves everthing he gets!!

Re: If you have been banned from the ground for smoking can.....

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
Right bit of an update.

"The banned one" has now had his letter from the council/Fletcher saying that he has been banned for smoking and if he wishes to appeal this then he needs to contact whoever.

What the letter does not say is how long or when his ban is up ( i thought it was 3 games for a first offence).

Has anyone else who has been banned received a letter and if so on theirs did it state when the ban was up or is it like this one that appears (I have not read it am just going off what my mate has told me) to be indefinite.

Any help appreciated. Oh and "The banned one" A few beers for all the work I am doing on your behalf (not in March though as I am a month off the booze.)

my mate got banned a couple of years ago, he was chucked out for smoking during the FC Twente game, he wasn't smoking and he doesn't smoke. The letter didn't tell him how long he was banned for and because he refused to admit any guilt he ended up missing a lot more than three games. After missing something like 5-6 games, in this time Peter Fletcher refused to correspond with him until he admitted to the wrong-doing, he was eventually let back in after sending the club a letter from his GP stating he doesn't smoke, the club returned his SC but said that they didn't accept the letter as proof of his innocence, probably to protect them from admitting any guilt in the matter.
I think he should have took it further and got some sort of compensation off them but I think he was completely exhausted of dealing with Fletcher as he had started refusing his calls, e-mails and letters, he certainly doesn't make it easy unless you admit to it, grovel and beg for forgiveness. You are guilty as charged and any attempts to prove your innocence are ignored, its a ridiculous situation to be in for anyone that has been wrongly accused and thrown out.

Re: If you have been banned from the ground for smoking can.....

charliebigspuds said:
my mate got banned a couple of years ago, he was chucked out for smoking during the FC Twente game, he wasn't smoking and he doesn't smoke. The letter didn't tell him how long he was banned for and because he refused to admit any guilt he ended up missing a lot more than three games. After missing something like 5-6 games, in this time Peter Fletcher refused to correspond with him until he admitted to the wrong-doing, he was eventually let back in after sending the club a letter from his GP stating he doesn't smoke, the club returned his SC but said that they didn't accept the letter as proof of his innocence, probably to protect them from admitting any guilt in the matter.
I think he should have took it further and got some sort of compensation off them but I think he was completely exhausted of dealing with Fletcher as he had started refusing his calls, e-mails and letters, he certainly doesn't make it easy unless you admit to it, grovel and beg for forgiveness. You are guilty as charged and any attempts to prove your innocence are ignored, its a ridiculous situation to be in for anyone that has been wrongly accused and thrown out.

There was a Lad last season who had the same problem. He took it to the MuEN and he still had to miss three matches as the Club would not budge over their stance. IIRC, he'd never smoked a cigarette in his life. Why on your Mate and this Lad set foot inside the ground again is beyond me. I know City are an addiction but the treatment they've received from Peter Fletcher and his acquaintances (I imagine he doesn't have friends) is disgusting and simply not worth the hundreds and hundreds of pounds it costs to attend.

Every piece of correspondence City receive should get a reply, IMHO. I've never not had a response to ANY e-mail I've sent and that's the same practice at my work.

i love it when smokers get caught, i often sit here pissing my side as they seek lenency.

what i really really hate though is injustice, the thought of a non smoker being banned frustrates me totally.

i will definatly bring this up with mr fletcher at the pob meeting .

de niro said:
i love it when smokers get caught, i often sit here pissing my side as they seek lenency.

what i really really hate though is injustice, the thought of a non smoker being banned frustrates me totally.

And you know exactly what he'll say Bill. "I trust my stewards".

However they seem to have changed the system so 2 stewards apparently have to independently identify a smoker.

Prestwich_Blue said:
And you know exactly what he'll say Bill. "I trust my stewards".

However they seem to have changed the system so 2 stewards apparently have to independently identify a smoker.

The Show Sec Stewards are awful and often aggrevate a situation as opposed to calming it down. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during training. I'm pleased to learn that we now have 2 Stewards to blame should a non-smoker be ejected from the Stadium again.

de niro said:

All the above. Please update when you have been. I'm also with the why can't you wait two hours people and I just know that there will be a " Banned from the derby for smoking" thread on here in the next few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.