banned from the ground for smoking can..... update update!!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
nomadic said:
Not going to read nine pages of replies, so hopefully i'm not repeating whats already been said.

Our kid got hoofed for smoking in the toilets, he said he wasnt, he has done before, i believe him if he said he wasnt, but maybe what goes around etc.

Anyway, they took his card off him on the day, he then got a letter telling him to explain his actions. He did and regardless of what he wrote, he gets a three game ban. The club will not consider what action to take (although by the looks of it, the decision is already made) until they receive the letter. So if you dont want an extended ban, write straight away.

After three games, they post your card back to you.

They do not re sell your ticket/seat to anyone else.

They pull the smokers about by having plain clothes spotters who then walk up to a smoker and dob him/her in to the security guards, so you may be on your way out, with no ciggy in hand when you are stopped.

I've said this before but I'll say it again. My son smokes and he runs the gaunlet every game, I have warned him and he knows the risks. However his dad (me) doesn't smoke so I make sure I have his season card plus I also make sure he has my car keys just in case he gets thrown out. I know it's only a matter of time before he gets caught, and like all the other smokers on here who flaunt the rules, he's a wanker, and deserves everthing he gets!!

Hang on a minute....if your son is a wanker who deserves everything he gets then let him hold his own season card and hence if he gets caught he might learn his lesson. In this way you will be helping your son and teaching him not to be a wanker.....make any sense?

Lucky13 said:
Why don't Showsec have stewards inside the toilets? Don't see why we have to suffer these pathetic addicts.

I always understood the Stewards acting as spies in the toilets are plain clothed.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:15 pm --<br /><br />
The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I've said this before but I'll say it again. My son smokes and he runs the gaunlet every game, I have warned him and he knows the risks. However his dad (me) doesn't smoke so I make sure I have his season card plus I also make sure he has my car keys just in case he gets thrown out. I know it's only a matter of time before he gets caught, and like all the other smokers on here who flaunt the rules, he's a wanker, and deserves everthing he gets!!

Hang on a minute....if your son is a wanker who deserves everything he gets then let him hold his own season card and hence if he gets caught he might learn his lesson. In this way you will be helping your son and teaching him not to be a wanker.....make any sense?

I'd have thought they'd deactivate the Seasoncard so even possession of it doesn't allow access? They'll still get his name or use CCTV to find out who he is and where he sits. They're watching us!

Lucky13 said:
peoffrey said:
I always understood the Stewards acting as spies in the toilets are plain clothed.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a visible deterrent.

I believe they were being intimidated when the entered the smokers den in their yellow jackets. And the smokers will puff away when there's no obvious Stewards in there.

as a smoker i think the answer is not to smoke in the toilets, unfortunately some fans are dickheads but there you go

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I was ejected before the Watford game today for smoking on the spirals where I thought smoking was tolerated - well, it has been for the 9 years I've been going to the stadium anyway.

Note for the hundreds who do this week in week out that they're now enforcing this (despite no notice). Though I noticed the stewards were picking on the, lets say, not so hard looking chaps like me and a sixty year old guy I didn't know either and ignoring some others who were smoking.

Anyway, can I ask what happens? They kept my seasoncard for some reason, and now I'm reading about bans?! Completely understand for if I was doing it in my seat, but smoking has clearly been tolerated on the spirals since we moved into the stadium.

Any advice/approach to take to get my seasoncard back welcome. I know I've been caught bang to rights, but I've been polite and was unaware of the change in policy. I feel gutted right now. Never been in trouble for anything in my 20 years going.

Frank_Goater said:
Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I was ejected before the Watford game today for smoking on the spirals where I thought smoking was tolerated - well, it has been for the 9 years I've been going to the stadium anyway.

Note for the hundreds who do this week in week out that they're now enforcing this (despite no notice). Though I noticed the stewards were picking on the, lets say, not so hard looking chaps like me and a sixty year old guy I didn't know either and ignoring some others who were smoking.

Anyway, can I ask what happens? They kept my seasoncard for some reason, and now I'm reading about bans?! Completely understand for if I was doing it in my seat, but smoking has clearly been tolerated on the spirals since we moved into the stadium.

Any advice/approach to take to get my seasoncard back welcome. I know I've been caught bang to rights, but I've been polite and was unaware of the change in policy. I feel gutted right now. Never been in trouble for anything in my 20 years going.

3 games you will get your card back after three. IMO this is what happens to everyone on a first offence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.