banned from the ground for smoking can..... update update!!

And sorry, just to clarify, has anyone else ever been ejected for smoking on the spirals before or is this new policy?

Frank_Goater said:
Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I was ejected before the Watford game today for smoking on the spirals where I thought smoking was tolerated - well, it has been for the 9 years I've been going to the stadium anyway.

Note for the hundreds who do this week in week out that they're now enforcing this (despite no notice). Though I noticed the stewards were picking on the, lets say, not so hard looking chaps like me and a sixty year old guy I didn't know either and ignoring some others who were smoking.

Anyway, can I ask what happens? They kept my seasoncard for some reason, and now I'm reading about bans?! Completely understand for if I was doing it in my seat, but smoking has clearly been tolerated on the spirals since we moved into the stadium.

Any advice/approach to take to get my seasoncard back welcome. I know I've been caught bang to rights, but I've been polite and was unaware of the change in policy. I feel gutted right now. Never been in trouble for anything in my 20 years going.

I don't especially have any sympathy for anyone getting caught because it's a policy in the ground anywhere but it does seem to be tolerated more on the spirals like you say. In my opinion they need to first start to eject those who smoke in their seats, then the toilets, then the spirals. Not surprised they go for the soft targets. Perhaps a well worded letter, not email, along the lines of what you have written here stating you were polite and unaware of the ruling about the spirals as it often happens under the watchful gaze of the stewards and that it is an open area where you understood leniency was operated.

Not sure you'll get less than 3 games though.

Just to make it clear, this has been discussed at Points of Blue in the recent past and Peter Fletcher made the point that smoking is not tolerated anywhere in the ground but he lacks the resources to enforce it as strictly as he would like to on the spirals.

don't know why they've let you smoke there for so long to be honest because anywhere around the stadium area is a no smoking zone and has been for years.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just to make it clear, this has been discussed at Points of Blue in the recent past and Peter Fletcher made the point that smoking is not tolerated anywhere in the ground but he lacks the resources to enforce it as strictly as he would like to on the spirals.
So he will get his henchmam to randomly throw out someone,when theres more than likely another 200 smoking
I cant stand smoking but fuckinhell they are not doing much harm on the spirals
Caught in the bogs fair enough ban them.

Smoking is actually banned anywhere on the Etihad Campus. Strictly speaking, you could be done for smoking in the car park, City Square, Mercer Way, anywhere.

I've no problem at all with fair consistent policing, but I have to say I feel hard done by because I'm an easy target. I just wanted to give a heads up for others anyway. I'll be writing a letter expressing these points, and my apologies.

Frank_Goater said:
Smoking is actually banned anywhere on the Etihad Campus. Strictly speaking, you could be done for smoking in the car park, City Square, Mercer Way, anywhere.

I've no problem at all with fair consistent policing, but I have to say I feel hard done by because I'm an easy target. I just wanted to give a heads up for others anyway. I'll be writing a letter expressing these points, and my apologies.

Ask them when they are going to enforce the council bye law in City Square as well, or maybe because that would mean less custom less trade and less money they wouldnt do that

smokers are ignorant cunts, sorry but life ban for me. everyone knows the rules, i hate the weak approach the club have on this. i'd love it if the council closed our ground for a few games, bet the club would act then.

de niro said:
smokers are ignorant *****, sorry but life ban for me. everyone knows the rules, i hate the weak approach the club have on this. i'd love it if the council closed our ground for a few games, bet the club would act then.

So if a smoker came into your shop and wanted to buy carpet for their house you would refuse their money?

If the council were to enforce a ground closure, would they not be open to litigation for not enforcing the same regulations on other council properties?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.