banned from the ground for smoking can..... update update!!

law74 said:
de niro said:
smokers are ignorant *****, sorry but life ban for me. everyone knows the rules, i hate the weak approach the club have on this. i'd love it if the council closed our ground for a few games, bet the club would act then.

So if a smoker came into your shop and wanted to buy carpet for their house you would refuse their money?

If the council were to enforce a ground closure, would they not be open to litigation for not enforcing the same regulations on other council properties?

Is that after he has burnt it down, smoking in a carpet shop just lol

law74 said:
de niro said:
smokers are ignorant *****, sorry but life ban for me. everyone knows the rules, i hate the weak approach the club have on this. i'd love it if the council closed our ground for a few games, bet the club would act then.

So if a smoker came into your shop and wanted to buy carpet for their house you would refuse their money?

If the council were to enforce a ground closure, would they not be open to litigation for not enforcing the same regulations on other council properties?

nobody would ever be allowed to smoke in my shop.
not bothered what else they close, just the stadium would do me.

I think designated smoking areas is the way forward with this.

It doesn't bother me if people smoke outside on the spirals at half time, but smoking in the toilets really pisses me off.

During the last couple of games the announcement about it being a no smoking stadium has also included a statement about e cigs being banned as well ... what reason would they have for doing this?

Frank_Goater said:
Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I was ejected before the Watford game today for smoking on the spirals where I thought smoking was tolerated - well, it has been for the 9 years I've been going to the stadium anyway.

Note for the hundreds who do this week in week out that they're now enforcing this (despite no notice). Though I noticed the stewards were picking on the, lets say, not so hard looking chaps like me and a sixty year old guy I didn't know either and ignoring some others who were smoking.

Anyway, can I ask what happens? They kept my seasoncard for some reason, and now I'm reading about bans?! Completely understand for if I was doing it in my seat, but smoking has clearly been tolerated on the spirals since we moved into the stadium.

Any advice/approach to take to get my seasoncard back welcome. I know I've been caught bang to rights, but I've been polite and was unaware of the change in policy. I feel gutted right now. Never been in trouble for anything in my 20 years going.
There were hundreds smoking on the spirals today, as there are every week. I always thought it was sensible of city to turn a blind eye as it bothers no one out there.

Col12 said:
During the last couple of games the announcement about it being a no smoking stadium has also included a statement about e cigs being banned as well ... what reason would they have for doing this?

Probably because most games are televised and the club doesn't want to appear in a bad light, god knows we get enough bad press already.

I'm with de Niro, life bans. It's a joule of hours out of your attempt to kill yourself, chew some gum you selfish cunts.

Col12 said:

I suppose it's to keep it simple and avoid people appealing on the basis that their cigs were not real.

Also the Etihad campus brand is about sporting excellence. I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol followed smoking eventually.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.