banned from the ground for smoking can..... update update!!

mammutly said:
Col12 said:
During the last couple of games the announcement about it being a no smoking stadium has also included a statement about e cigs being banned as well ... what reason would they have for doing this?

I suppose it's to keep it simple and avoid people appealing on the basis that their cigs were not real.

Also the Etihad campus brand is about sporting excellence. I wouldn't be surprised if alcohol followed smoking eventually.
Sporting excellence from the players!!!! for the fans it is entertainment and so having a beer before the game is a tradition and part of the matchday experience and brings in revenue to the club..... will never happen

Ducado said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
akcity said:
You know it so why do it???? And then why moan about it???
If you're driving on the motorway at 85 and people go past you doing even more, the fact that they did is no defence if you get caught. "I thought it was tolerated because everyone was doing it!"

It's not allowed. You know it's not allowed. Don't do it. And don't moan if your caught doing something you know you shouldn't be doing.

I'd give them 3 year bans, let alone 3 game bans. That might have some effect.

Which is a fair point, I am an ex smoker by the way, but when I did smoke I tried to obey the rules, especially if the consequences of not obeying the rules were pretty severe, granted people do it and get away with it, but they are running a risk
Not in the 110 loo

@mammulty, everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess but I disagree.<br /><br />-- Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Hope they do ban alcohol at the ground. People might actually then spend some time watching the football, unlike the fuckwit who was on the concourse having a pint 20 minutes into the game on Tuesday against Stoke.
You're in a bad mood tonight fella.

Re: If you have been banned from the ground for smoking can.....

de niro said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Why didn't he go on the Spirals where they leave you in peace? - Hundreds of us.
mo

its great in 212 cos they do this but in level one they can't, should be a shelter built as i say like in airports, its only fair.

if then they smoke in the bogs i really would ban them for life.

Me too De Niro, I knew it would come to this but how else do you get through to the Neardenthral's who think that because they are in a football ground they are above the law.

Frank_Goater said:
akcity said:
Frank_Goater said:
Smoking is actually banned anywhere on the Etihad Campus. Strictly speaking, you could be done for smoking in the car park, City Square, Mercer Way, anywhere.

I've no problem at all with fair consistent policing, but I have to say I feel hard done by because I'm an easy target. I just wanted to give a heads up for others anyway. I'll be writing a letter expressing these points, and my apologies.

You know it so why do it???? And then why moan about it???
My point is not about whether I did wrong, I know I did. It's about what the punishment should be and why the stewards picked me out of the crowd. You're naive if you don't think this affects you. It's about how rules are enforced so they are respected by those who are expected to abide by them. Expulsions should not be random, or worse pick on those more vulnerable than others.
If you go for a smoke leave you ticket with someone else if the stewards pick on you out of a crowd kick up fuck and then leave they would find it very difficult to ban you if you dont have a ticket and would have to assault you if they tried to stop leaving.

Mike D said:
de niro said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Why didn't he go on the Spirals where they leave you in peace? - Hundreds of us.
mo

its great in 212 cos they do this but in level one they can't, should be a shelter built as i say like in airports, its only fair.

Me too De Niro, I knew it would come to this but how else do you get through to the Neardenthral's who think that because they are in a football ground they are above the law.

Agreed, Smoking the bogs should be stamped out. Life bans might do it. It's not as though there would be any problem filling the seats these days.

mammutly said:
Mike D said:
de niro said:
mo

Agreed, Smoking the bogs should be stamped out. Life bans might do it. It's not as though there would be any problem filling the seats these days.

Exactly

mammutly said:
Mike D said:
de niro said:
mo

& the easiest way to prevent smoking in the bogs is to allow it on the spirals at half time and have an enclosure at 4 or 5 of the exits where smoking is permitted, much the same as the pen at Pride Park and some other grounds I have heard about.

law74 said:
mammutly said:
Mike D said:

& the easiest way to prevent smoking in the bogs is to allow it on the spirals at half time and have an enclosure at 4 or 5 of the exits where smoking is permitted, much the same as the pen at Pride Park and some other grounds I have heard about.

its madness there are no pens. it doesn't though excuse the way smokers continue to flaunt the law. as i say, ignorant.

de niro said:
law74 said:
mammutly said:

its madness there are no pens. it doesn't though excuse the way smokers continue to flaunt the law. as i say, ignorant.

Its a joke how can you make excuses for something that is against the law. Its like us just saying lets juts allow any scag head to jack up on the spirals because they have a habit and they need there fix so its okay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.